New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 644
This just came from Custom-IEM.com's page (and their Facebook actually). Unfortunately no direct link to the product so one has to go to the custom-iem.com page and navigate.

Unique Melody seems to be releasing a Triple Dynamic CIEM. Seems to be using :-

1x13mm DD for bass
1x8mm DD for mids
1x5.5mm DD for highs

It also says changeable bass vents which I wonder if it's the same as how others have done their tuneable bass ports.

Unknown pricing yet.

Picture taken from custom-iem.com's page :-

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 644
As much as I'm a BA kind of guy a triple dynamic setup seems very cool to me.  I like how they have them setup with a 13mm for bass, a 8mm for mids and a 5.5mm for treble.  I must say these interests me more than a 4 or 6 BA custom because this has never been done as far as I know.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 644
WOW...

It seems that they have been reading JVC FXZ's thread...
wink_face.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 644
Quote:
WOW...

It seems that they have been reading JVC FXZ's thread...
wink_face.gif

If you're referring of the use of multiple DD's, JVC obviously was reading Ocharaku's thread then too :p.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 644
Just as Stephen told me, this IEM will be priced at an "accessible price", most likely comparable to the Mage. Facebook quote from UM:

"Just for clarification purpose: The upcoming triple dynamic CIEM is not going to be the new flagship, and it's aimed for those who want a nicely priced pair of custom earphones! We got the PP6, the Miracle, the Merlin, and now it's time to serve everyone!"

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #11 of 644
Quote:

If you're referring of the use of multiple DD's, JVC obviously was reading Ocharaku's thread then too :p.

Ocharaku uses thee second dynamic to cancel phase / noise so strictly speaking it isn't exactly a multi-way. Plus, Panasonics already has dual dynamic earbuds 20 years ago.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #13 of 644
Quote:
fr chart and price?

How about flat and free :wink:?? Unfortunately, no info out yet as per unique-melody.com or custom-iem.com link. Maybe in a few days?

Quote:

Ocharaku uses thee second dynamic to cancel phase / noise so strictly speaking it isn't exactly a multi-way. Plus, Panasonics already has dual dynamic earbuds 20 years ago.

Yes, as such that funky tube in the design too. My point was about the use of multiple drivers in IEMs is not original (as you've pointed out), rather than 'how' it drivers are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back