New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #526 of 644
It's lucky for those in Singapore that Stereo is already carrying the universal 3dd (I will heading down next week on Monday to audition it) and not only that, the price is more than reasonable: $480 for the universal and $560 for the custom from a brick and mortar shop!

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #527 of 644
  It's lucky for those in Singapore that Stereo is already carrying the universal 3dd (I will heading down next week on Monday to audition it) and not only that, the price is more than reasonable: $480 for the universal and $560 for the custom from a brick and mortar shop!

How long will you wait for ordering the universal and the custom 3dd ?

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #530 of 644
  So that must mean that overseas customers like myself are being ignored completely.

It really depends on how they prioritize. For example, it might be all preorders first, or first come first serve, or distributors and partners first. It's hard to tell without knowing how many people is on the preorder list. 

How long will you wait for ordering the universal and the custom 3dd ?

I'm definitely not getting the custom, and thus have no idea how long I have to wait. But someone mentioned 5 to 6 weeks and I guess that's an accurate estimation based on how long i waited for my previous custom, and taking into account that UM has backlog to clear and new units to ship out to distributors. 

If the universal is really to my liking, I can theoretically just buy on the spot. Stereo supposedly have them in stock and you can walk out of the shop with one if you have the money for it. While I do have the savings for one, it will be a couple of month before my budget allows it. In addition, there will be other items that I'll be auditioning too (the JVC SZ2000 for one). I will post a preliminary hands-on next Monday, mainly as a comparison to my JVC FXZ200, my primary earphones now.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #532 of 644
  Try 16 or 18 weeks as the new quoted times.  Not 5 or 6.  The claim is backlog but my order is from May so I question the honesty of that excuse.

I thought the actual release date of the 3dd itself is only in Sept? If you order in May, wasn't it still in the preorder period? Correct me if I'm wrong as I only learn about it yesterday.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #533 of 644
Shout out and big thanks to Stephen. My 3DD (universal version) came today and they sound excellent.

Initial thoughts: Airy, spacious, with good bass punch. Reminisces of the 1plus2 for the sig but less refined. They are quite big and fit could be an issue and took me 4 tries for a large (edit:) double flange silicone tip for a good secure fit. Better than expected and great value at $499.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #534 of 644
Shout out and big thanks to Stephen. My 3DD (universal version) came today and they sound excellent.

Initial thoughts: Airy, spacious, with good bass punch. Reminisces of the 1plus2 for the sig but less refined. They are quite big and fit could be an issue and took me 4 tries for a large single flange silicone tip for a good secure fit. Better than expected and great value at $499.

Exactly my thoughts...great at the price...but when you have the 1Plus2...

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #535 of 644
Exactly my thoughts...great at the price...but when you have the 1Plus2...

True... while the tuning had some semblance but these are not really comparable to the 1plus2. Will see if they settle in with more time. Much brighter and bass tight at the moment than I expected (with neutral filter). Tho not bad from a collection perspective as this is still one of the better multi dynamic drivers I have heard, better than say the jvcs, rhapsodio, etc.

Too bad they came in this late and really not sure how much ear time I can give them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #536 of 644
True... while the tuning had some semblance but these are not really comparable to the 1plus2. Will see if they settle in with more time. Much brighter and bass light at the moment than I expected (with neutral filter). Tho not bad from a collection perspective as this is still one of the better multi dynamic drivers I have heard, better than say the jvcs, rhapsodio, etc.

Too bad they came in this late and really not sure how much ear time I can give them.

To me, that is extremely high praise, given that the multi dynamic drivers JVCs are my current favorite earphones. I definitely need to test the 3DD for myself.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #539 of 644

It really depends on how they prioritize. For example, it might be all preorders first, or first come first serve, or distributors and partners first. It's hard to tell without knowing how many people is on the preorder list. 

I'm definitely not getting the custom, and thus have no idea how long I have to wait. But someone mentioned 5 to 6 weeks and I guess that's an accurate estimation based on how long i waited for my previous custom, and taking into account that UM has backlog to clear and new units to ship out to distributors. 

If the universal is really to my liking, I can theoretically just buy on the spot. Stereo supposedly have them in stock and you can walk out of the shop with one if you have the money for it. While I do have the savings for one, it will be a couple of month before my budget allows it. In addition, there will be other items that I'll be auditioning too (the JVC SZ2000 for one). I will post a preliminary hands-on next Monday, mainly as a comparison to my JVC FXZ200, my primary earphones now.

Stereo shop didn't tell you how long you have to wait when ordering the 3dd universal ? 
My local dealer said it is about 8 weeks. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #540 of 644
To me, that is extremely high praise, given that the multi dynamic drivers JVCs are my current favorite earphones. I definitely need to test the 3DD for myself.

Go test it but bring along all your tips coz it is not easy to get a good seal on them. As with all IEMs it can sound really off without proper seal. Also, try it WITHOUT any of those magnet filters thingy as I like it's sound best with no filters on. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back