New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
Jul 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #391 of 644
Quote:
Has anybody gotten their custom 3DDs yet? Or received notifications from UM that they have been shipped? its taking quite a while....

I haven't even heard anything and I got the universals, would think they'd be the first ones made

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #393 of 644
From UM's Facebook :

So many ideas on custom faceplate designs to leverage on that bass port plug there :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #396 of 644

I was told the one on the 3DD is +6dB bass, +3dB next, and +0dB on the last.

Overall I think it seems to do well on the mids and highs being quite airy and spacious but the bass (despite the +6dB) didn't seem to satisfy me. I'm wondering if the distributor may a mistake in the information he gave me (and maybe I had the +0dB on or something). I didn't try swapping bass ports.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #397 of 644
Is there a tool to change out the filters? They don't look "tool-less" in design. Pretty glitter, though. And time to change out the screen protector on the 901?
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #398 of 644
Is there a tool to change out the filters? They don't look "tool-less" in design. Pretty glitter, though. And time to change out the screen protector on the 901? :wink:
Actually I didn't ask them how to change the ports. Good point! But they are magnetic!

P.S. finally got a screen protector with the HM-901. Glad I stopped by the Hifiman desk :wink:.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #399 of 644
Quote:
Actually I didn't ask them how to change the ports. Good point! But they are magnetic!

P.S. finally got a screen protector with the HM-901. Glad I stopped by the Hifiman desk :wink:.

Bigger magnet to the smaller magnets that control the drivers...  Um...  Let's hope nothing negative happened XD I'm surprised that UM didn't include any instruction/tool for changing the filters... 

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #400 of 644
Bigger magnet to the smaller magnets that control the drivers...  Um...  Let's hope nothing negative happened XD I'm surprised that UM didn't include any instruction/tool for changing the filters... 
They may have. This was at a Fujiya event & the distributor exhibitor showed me their 3DD. See my sig for the report of that event.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #401 of 644
Quote:
They may have. This was at a Fujiya event & the distributor exhibitor showed me their 3DD. See my sig for the report of that event.

Oh, I thought you actually received a pair LOL.  My bad XD  Makes a lot more sense now. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #403 of 644
Quote:
Seems that you can't do any artwork on it...
Someone has already got this in China

I think they made that statement already on their Facebook...  A little while ago.  Don't quote me though. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #404 of 644
has anyone got thiers yet? i am very curios how it sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back