New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Aug 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #948 of 1,937
Well i just spoke to Shure (UK) about the left cable issue and they said that they've only received a handful back since it was released.  I mentioned that some people have returned them and received news ones with the same issue, but they said since the release, they've had several batches come in and that any issues should be fixed.  Not 100% convinced, but i don't have much choice!

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #949 of 1,937
Can someone tell me the correct evolution in Shure's dynamic models?
Is it E2C - SCL2 - SE115 - SE215?

What about their lowest armature model SE110, is there a successor?

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #950 of 1,937
I think SE110 is the only Shure that uses the Knowles Siren BA.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #951 of 1,937
I have a question about the iPhone/iPod cable for the SE215. Will it work to play music from a non-iPhone/iPod? I know that the controls won't work nor will them microphone, but can you listen to, say, a Sansa Clip with the cable installed?

Thanks. Brad.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #953 of 1,937

Quote:
I have a question about the iPhone/iPod cable for the SE215. Will it work to play music from a non-iPhone/iPod? I know that the controls won't work nor will them microphone, but can you listen to, say, a Sansa Clip with the cable installed?

Thanks. Brad.

I don't have direct experience with the Shure iPhone cable, but every iPhone earphones I tried (with mic and controls) work with every other player I have - including the Sansa clip.

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #954 of 1,937

Quote:
I don't have direct experience with the Shure iPhone cable, but every iPhone earphones I tried (with mic and controls) work with every other player I have - including the Sansa clip.

Like os2k, never play with Shure cable before, but most DAP will take the TRRS cable just fine.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #956 of 1,937
I have ordered the SE215 clear today and want to use them on the iPhone 4. But I don't have ordered the iPhone cable because it's only available in Black.
Are there custom made clear/white cables available for Shure In-Ear monitors?

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #959 of 1,937
They fit my ears perfectly and I have no issues setting them in.  

I have however ran into the same issue twice now.  The left earbud has stopped working.  I sent it back to Shure a couple months ago and got replacements and it now stopped working again this morning.  Ugh, this is annoying...  They just stay here at work on my desk so they haven't been subject to abuse or anything.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #960 of 1,937
Is there an significant treble improvement with the iPhone cable? I like the headset very much but i used to like more treble, it's a little bit too much on the background for my taste. 

It will be also handy to have that cable for controlling my iPhone as a nice extra. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back