New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jun 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #886 of 1,937
I've had mine for 2 months now, and no problems. They actually sound slightly better now. There's a *little* less bass, but the other two frequencies have improved, particularly the mids. I love my IEMs :)

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #887 of 1,937

Quote:
I was going to get an SE215 for listening on the go but the really high number of people experiencing issues put a stop the purchase. Will a new batch be released? I know i can get it from an authorized distributor and have it replaces if it stops working but i would rather not deal with  that.

Not sure if a new batch will be released, but I'm keeping my defective pair for a few months until Shure releases an updated version.

Also, my clear ones stopped working, now the black ones have also stopped working...

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #888 of 1,937
Hello people,
Just to let you know. Ebay sent me an email because i had contacted with with the ebay meber who suppose to sell the shure215 at 45$ a week ago. They told me that i should be very careful if he tries to contact with me again. They also told me that they cant tell me more about the seller due to privacy police. The seller is not registered anymore.

I guess it was a scam so take care buys and gals!

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #889 of 1,937
Hello,

I have a question about the tips. The smallest foam one's which are in the kit from shure are to big. When they expand in my ear, it gives a pressure which isn't comfortable. So, i searched for other tips and the this: The Comply Foam Tips T-100 serie. Is the small one from these tips smaller as the one from shure? Because i don't really enjoy wearing the SE215 at this moment.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm Dutch.

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #890 of 1,937
I don't know about the comply tips, but I do know that they only last for about one week and they are very expensive. As such I won't recommend them.

Are you okay with non-foam tips? You could try the fake sony tips from eBay. They are cheap and might give you the seal you are looking for.

Jun 26, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #892 of 1,937

Quote:
Hello,

I have a question about the tips. The smallest foam one's which are in the kit from shure are to big. When they expand in my ear, it gives a pressure which isn't comfortable. So, i searched for other tips and the this: The Comply Foam Tips T-100 serie. Is the small one from these tips smaller as the one from shure? Because i don't really enjoy wearing the SE215 at this moment.

Sorry for my bad English, i'm Dutch.

I'm going to assume that you're talking about the smallest Shure Olive (from your Kit) The Comply T-100 may work out very well for you, as the shape and size are a little smaller than your small shure Olives. But more importantly when Comply's expand they are much softer from the heat in the canals. Comply's don't last as long as Olives but they last me for several weeks when I use them 

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #895 of 1,937
I've had my 215's for a month or so now. They have 50+ hours on them and I have found they sound better than out of the box. The high's are smoother, less harsh, and the mids are very nice. I don't find them to be heavy on bass at all, but they are capable and sound good IMO. Much tighter than my S4's. I don't have an amp yet to try them with, but hope to change that soon. I am not real easy on my portable gear and haven't had a hint of issues yet with regards to the cable/connectors. I am also running the optional smart phone cable...

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #896 of 1,937
I emailed the shure support service and asked them if they are aware of problems concerning se215 and will they release a new batch or something....
They told me this:

Quote:
You are right that there are few customers complaining about some thing on the SE215 but actually all customers owning an SE215 I talked to were pretty impressed. But as a professional company we take any reported issue as very important and we´ll look into this matter.

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #898 of 1,937

Quote:
Looks like i'll have to look for another budget iem. I was so set on getting the 215s. 

Well, I do have a pair of Phonak 012's for sale...
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #900 of 1,937
Well, i order a pack of 5 pair Comply T100 Small. I'm listening with them right now and must say that these are so comfortable. I really enjoy listening to these IEM again!

Thanx for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back