New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
May 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #811 of 1,937

Quote:
Hrm, I wonder if this observation along with dweaver's impressions of the iPhone cable suggest that the first batch of SE215's had a lacking cable?

hmmm, interesting theory but I can`t afford to buy another pair to find out LOL. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out I bought the Sonocore COA-805 and the Vsonic GR07 as it is. The only good news is a whole bunch of people are going to get some serious deals when I have a sale of IEM`s after I decide which ones I want to keep.

BTW AngryBaconGod, have you noticed any changes in your GR07`s mdirange since your last post in the SE215 GR-7 thread I started?

May 21, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #812 of 1,937
BTW AngryBaconGod, have you noticed any changes in your GR07`s mdirange since your last post in the SE215 GR-7 thread I started?

To be honest, I recently bought Audio Technica CK10's and I love them so much that they have been getting most of my ear time. The GR07's aren't anywhere close to broken in and I don't really want to listen too critically before that's done. All I can really say about the GR07 right now is that it is thoroughly enjoyable and definitely my "go-to" 'phone when I'm in the mood for something a little smoother.

May 22, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #813 of 1,937
Interesting I love smooth but detailed, I may be in for a treat :) . The SE215 does smooth well but lacks the detail I like by just enough to leave me wanting more.

Btw for those interested I own much higher detailed IEM's and headphones which is why I miss that area. But if your just starting your head-fi journey and don't own higher end stuff the SE215 is major step up from the cheapy buds that come with most players and most of the IEM's under a $100, so don't let a jaded head-fi'er like me stop you from enjoying these very nice IEM's.

May 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #814 of 1,937
Long time lurker here :) I put my ETY HF5s on the shelf a while back and I've been using ADDIEMs but I just got the itch for something new... Thanks for all the info in this thread

May 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #815 of 1,937
Quick question, I love my 215 but of course looking at others. I love the sound and looking for similar sound but more clarity. Looking about spending 160 or so. Looking at these two. GR07 and the Tf10. Please help me out. Thanks

May 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #816 of 1,937
The TF10 has a recessed midrange and is not nearly as comfortable. I have a pair of GR07 coming in so might be able to shed some light on them soon. From what I have read though they should be more detailed but will a have a more neutral bass and midrange. I love the forward sound of the SE215 but also have other headphones like my full-size D7000 that have a V shaped sound I love as well. So long as the kids are clear and detailed I think I can live with them not being forward but will have to wait and see.

May 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #817 of 1,937
I'm having a bit of an issue. How far should I be putting these 215s into my ear canal? The problem here is comfort. They don't feel super great in there.

May 24, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #818 of 1,937
With me I don't have to insert them very far to get a great seal. At first I was pretty much craming these into my ears since the tips felt like they weren't going in very deep. But by doing this I was causing myself some discomfort.

So just recently I noticed that if I put them in nice and gently(not trying to put them in as far as possible) I get the same seal and same sound, but without the discomfort issue. So try that.

May 24, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #819 of 1,937
New member here, I currently own a pair of CX-21 and was wondering if these are worth upgrading to? Sound-wise are these are a huge step up, or should I save up a few more bucks and move to the =~ $150 range.

Thanks.

May 24, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #820 of 1,937
After a quick read of Joker's thread I suspect these would sound nothing like your CX-21 as these are very mid centric with good volume bass but the treble is a bit recessed especially out of the gate. The SE215 will have a better sound stage though and if you are looking for more bass or a more forward midrange you might quite like the SE215.

If on the other hand you want a more neutral sound with more detail and a better sound stage you might want to spend the extra $50 and go Vsonic GR07.

May 24, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #821 of 1,937
Hi guys, im just a newbie so im planning to buy SE215 and sansa clip+ white color. WIll they do great synergy? 

May 24, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #822 of 1,937
The clip and Fuz ehave pretty clean sound which would be good with the SE215. I think you should be fine. I have read in the thread that the cable of the clear model is slightly different though so you may want to search in the thread for those posts.

May 24, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #824 of 1,937

Quote:
Hi guys, im just a newbie so im planning to buy SE215 and sansa clip+ white color. WIll they do great synergy? 

but i can only buy clear se215 here in the phils locally. i mean its just my friends so i can buy it cheap. :frowning2: what is the difference with the black cable? is it positive or what? i mean better or worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back