New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Mar 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 1,937
How do they compare the Westone UM1?

Im one of those bassheads but do love classic rock and want to hear those guitars scream
o2smile.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 1,937
Rmccullo, you should find a good seal, try different tips and put your earphones very deep.
210 sounds very good, they are really great erphones for the true price:)
Loving them:)

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #19 of 1,937

Quote:
How do they compare the Westone UM1?

Im one of those bassheads but do love classic rock and want to hear those guitars scream
o2smile.gif

Yes, the guitar screams. If you look at the song list I tried them with, you will see :)

I also listened to Creed's Bullets (one of my favorites) and they were awesome. The music gets a bit congested at points but that's comparing with balanced armature drivers on the dual and triple driver pieces which cost way more.

The combination of design, comfort, fit, sound and price will definitely put this at the top of our sales charts. Shure could have priced these easily at $149 for what they give in comparison with the competition. That's what got us really excited. Also the removable cable feature is very appealing to many customers and they are the same exact cable as the SE535.

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 1,937
Hi. This is my first post here:)

Interested in those earphones, since I personally like the dynamic sound over armature's due to better bass and clear highs. Lately I've even tried the se535 and was offered to buy them for $280, but I disliked the distorted highs they produce, though the mids were wonderful compared to my Denon C700s.
I would like to ask someone, who has access to those C700, make their comparison to se215, since I really love Shure's fit and cable system, and think of switching to them.
Flavio T., your comments are welcome as well.
Thanks ahead!

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 1,937
Rmccullo, you should find a good seal, try different tips and put your earphones very deep.
210 sounds very good, they are really great erphones for the true price:)
Loving them:)
. When I used to use them, I would use the medium olives. I thought it gave a fuller sound; especially on the low end. My gripe with the fitment of the se210's was the angle where the stem enters the eat canal. It's not angled enough and causes the body to stick out. Thanks for the advise though. Glad that you're enjoying them

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #23 of 1,937
this site is E.V.I.L I tells ya!!! OK Flavio T I hope your PROUD OF YOURSELF! I just ordered these puppies from Earphone Solutions LOL. I like the idea of being able to sleep with them and I have always wanted to try a pair of Shure's :).

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #24 of 1,937
Interested to see what you think dweaver, I have never tried a Shure product either and for a long time I have really wanted to hear the Shure530's/535's but have never gotten the chance. Budget is too tight to just outright buy either unfortunately. These however would be something I could take a roll of the dice on I figure, they would make a good "work" IEM in that I could be ok leaving them in my desk in my lab and not worrying too much....something I will NOT be doing with my CK10's or JH5's! 

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #25 of 1,937
I'll post some first impression here when I get them and will likely do a full review after they have some burn-in. I just hope they sound a good as I suspect they will be comfortable.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #26 of 1,937
Sweet, looking forward to your impressions. How they stack up compared to your SM3 and Coppers would be interesting.

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #27 of 1,937
I no longer have my Coppers so will be going by memory but will compare them to my SM3 and Denon AHC-560R in an A/B test.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #28 of 1,937
Falvio T are you able to confirm or deny the comments made by Sofastreamer in regards to whether the 215 uses the same dynamic driver as the 115. I suspect not simply because the housing is so much smaller I suspect it won't be able to hold the driver of the 115 but would love some clarification.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #30 of 1,937

Quote:
Falvio T are you able to confirm or deny the comments made by Sofastreamer in regards to whether the 215 uses the same dynamic driver as the 115. I suspect not simply because the housing is so much smaller I suspect it won't be able to hold the driver of the 115 but would love some clarification.

I keep reading those posts where Shure says something to the effect of we didn't change the sound of the 420 or 530 much because they are customer favorites. Does make you wonder if they feel the SE115 was a favorite as well. Westone talks about "welcome to the next level(W4)" while Shure seems to really just want to get those detachable cable on their phones and get past those issues(which probably cost them some nice $$$). My two cents but think about it. In this rapidly changing and improving market why would you feel you don't need to upgrade? Looks like they did the quicker option of a remake with slight tweaks to get them, out charge the full prices and recoup some $$$.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back