New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,891 of 1,937
Does anybody know if there is any difference between the regular edition and the newer 215m+ (the white one)? They are $20 more expensive, but I don't know if it just due to the mic on the cable that they come with.

The official model designation from Shure when launching explains it perfectly: SE215m+SPE

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,892 of 1,937
On the other hand, someone could think that being flat across the board, as you mention about SE215, is more preferable than some elevated bass and treble, as you hear on the SPEs. Are the SPEs, according to you, more of a V shaped iem than the flatter 215? If so, seems that the SE215s come closer to being reference iems than the SPEs...

Definitely not v-shaped, not even close... again, a very, very, very minor boost in the bass and tiny elevation in the highs but the rest of the signature is perfectly flat and neutral.  Bass is very controlled still and not fully emphasized nor nearing the boomy/thumpy terroritory like most v-shaped signatured IEMs.
So more like a:  ̺  

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #1,894 of 1,937
Maybe I should have phrased that better. Is there a difference in sound between the two models? Or is it just the mic? Are they like the regular edition in sound or the Special (blue) edition?

I bought my daughter a pair and they sound exactly like my blue SE215SPE-A (aka SE215LTD).

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #1,896 of 1,937
bought a pair of white m+SPE's, was disappointed by a few things (unamped iphone 6/MBP):  

1. comfort/fit - tried all the tips but the earpiece itself was far from ergonomic. got uncomfortable rather quickly
  2. sound - mids were smeared/bloated, poor separation. 

ended up returning them and got MA750's which were significant improvements across the board, even exceeded my expectations. 

fwiw, I own a pair of SRH-1540's which I love and was long hoping to find an IEM equivalent of.  

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #1,900 of 1,937
Thanks for the suggestion. Mee audio seems to have many types. Is there one in particular?

The ones that comes with the Pinnacle P1. They sell them separately as well, right now the ones with a mic and the regular ones are the same price on Amazon ($30) and they also have a fancier one for $40.
Regular edition: https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Stereo-Pinnacle-headphones/dp/B01BH736OG
Mic edition: https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Stereo-Pinnacle-headphones/dp/B01BH714XG?th=1&psc=1
Silver plated: https://www.amazon.com/MEE-audio-Stereo-Pinnacle-headphones/dp/B01BH6Z3NO?th=1&psc=1

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,904 of 1,937
I red but sadly can't be shipped to my country

Sorry I didn't know! If you cannot buy from internet, then you should stick with Shure cables which are sold to many places around the globe. In any case I have been using Shure cable without mic with the SE215 myself and I can say it's one of the best cables around. Long enough to allow you move, really really strong and sturdy and not that easily tangled...Good enough...

Also, Shure cable is the only one, at least to my experience, that produces zero microphonics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back