New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #1,921 of 1,937
To join in on this. I've had a pair of 215's for about 3 weeks now.
Having had all of the shure range through the years the 215 was one I'd never tried. And I was really took back on how good these really are.
The updated cable with a slightly smaller plug is a godsend, and I like the new design of the olives too....Although I use the silicone.
Either way these are just so good.
Great isolation and a really unfatiging clear sound. And to top it off they don't sound out of place against any iem I've tried. (And that's a lot)
Happy camper here.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #1,922 of 1,937
To join in on this. I've had a pair of 215's for about 3 weeks now.
Having had all of the shure range through the years the 215 was one I'd never tried. And I was really took back on how good these really are.
The updated cable with a slightly smaller plug is a godsend, and I like the new design of the olives too....Although I use the silicone.
Either way these are just so good.
Great isolation and a really unfatiging clear sound. And to top it off they don't sound out of place against any iem I've tried. (And that's a lot)
Happy camper here.

When did 215 was updated? Is the sound the same?

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #1,923 of 1,937
When did 215 was updated? Is the sound the same?
I'm not sure bud.
My package states 2018/2/5 so definitely up to date.
Yeah the cable is ever so slightly thinner although still built like a tank. the plug whilst still right angled is smaller which makes it easier to fit.

As for the sound i can't say if that's changed at all as its my first time with them. but to these ears they are really top notch.

Jul 7, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #1,925 of 1,937
I had The same issue (no bass at al) with a regular 215. Sent iT back to The dutch distributor and received a replacement. Production error. 215 should have plenty of bass.

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #1,929 of 1,937
Yes, how do you like them over the Shures? Bass? Treble? So on..
The westone silicone tips are softer and more comfortable to wear for me, also the opening is a little bigger and allows a more open sound through. The foams just darkened the sound too much for me, and this is already a dark sounding iem to start with. I have the Shure SE 215 SE just in case.

Jul 13, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,930 of 1,937
Man, I just didn't get on with the Westone tips at all. After hearing so many positive things about them I gobbled the mixed tip pack up, but they just don't work in my canals.

RHA silicon tips also work really well. They're on my 846 below, but also work on my 215. To get them to fit, I stripped as much of the memory foam off the large Shure foams (which are too big for me and thus were never going to be used), and the remaining inner tube makes for a brilliant 3mm to 4.5mm bore adapter:

kfBgkcw.jpg

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,932 of 1,937
Hi guys,
I want to buy a pair from amazon (my first IEM, I have sennheiser hd 598 and hd 650 )
(I made sure that amazon is Shure authorized online retail store )
but I can't decide which model I should buy, Iv'e read almost half of this post and did lots of research in google and youtube...Spent almost 10 hours of reading and watching reviews.

Which model should I buy?

1. Black/Clear Regular version.

2. Black/Clear with inline remote & mic ( I belive the cable is shorter as well).

3. Blue - Special edition with shorter cable.

4. Blue - Special edition inline remote & mic

5. White one with regular/upgraded cable ( I dislike the color.. )

is the blue version (Special edition) is superior the the regular se215?
Shure says:
Sound signature: Slightly warmer, minor boost in the low frequency response.

I lean towards the spe version (the blue one, with inline mic).

They all cost 99$.

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,933 of 1,937
Hi guys,
I want to buy a pair from amazon (my first IEM, I have sennheiser hd 598 and hd 650 )
(I made sure that amazon is Shure authorized online retail store )
but I can't decide which model I should buy, Iv'e read almost half of this post and did lots of research in google and youtube...Spent almost 10 hours of reading and watching reviews.

1. Black/Clear Regular version.

2. Black/Clear with inline remote & mic ( I belive the cable is shorter as well).

3. Blue - Special edition with shorter cable.

4. Blue - Special edition inline remote & mic

5. White one with regular/upgraded cable ( I dislike the color.. )

is the blue version (Special edition) is superior the the regular se215?
Shure says:
Sound signature: Slightly warmer, minor boost in the low frequency response.

I lean towards the spe version (the blue one, with inline mic).

They all cost 99$.

I have the 215SE and am very pleased with the bass levels and overall performance. Your choice will be based on your use cases e.g. Apple iPhone cable, do you need a microphone at all, will you really need the longer cable, etc. I also bought the Comply long rubber tips, for better fit and noise attenuation.

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,934 of 1,937
Just picked up a pair of these used. Made certain they weren’t fakes and picked up some Shure yellow foam tips for them.

Overall, I’m quite pleased. I was a bit worried these might be too much a step down from what I’m used to, cans such as HD800, LCD2, as well as past iems Somy 7550 and EX600.

I wanted a pair that were comfortable and durable and they are that. The chord is a bit too stiff so they still aren’t ideal to sleep on the side with. But overall the signature is very relaxed, slightly diffused, and es is a bit thick. But this is perfect in some ways for this type of listening experience.

A good sign is that they handle a wide range of music quite well. The sound quality is sufficient enough so that you lose yourself in the music. I’m going to enjoy this a ton even with my other sets. Such a nice change to have iems again.

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #1,935 of 1,937
Hey guys, I bought a pair of the White special edition to add to my Shure family, mostly because I wanted the BT2 cable and it was only £20 more to get the cable with a pair of the se215. I had been considering getting a pair for a couple of years as a throwaround pair anyway, and I'm happy to report that they sound pretty good. Obviously not up there with my se846, but a good facsimile at a fraction of the price!

Anyway, I do have a concern and it's with the build quality of the shell. I get that these are are far cheaper than my other Shures, but they're still not exactly 'cheap'! There are very obvious join marks around the shell that I don't see on my se535 or se846, and they look like they will attract dirt over time so maybe I should have gone with the Blue special edition ones, as it probably wouldn't be as obvious.

Can someone please just confirm that theirs have the join marks that mine have on the close up photo? I'm s(h)ure they're not fakes as they were bought from Amazon and have all the correct packaging and accessories, but I just want peace of mind. Thanks!

DSC_0958.JPGDSC_0961.JPGDSC_0962.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back