New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Oct 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,366 of 1,937
Don't they sound veiled to you?

The bass is kind of muddy too. That was when I still have my W3.

I preferred Westone's braided cable over the Shure cable, Westone's cable is more flexible.

If you're asking about my impressions of the Westone 3, then yes the bass was somewhat muddy. They simply sounded "off" and lacking detail from top to bottom compared to ER4. "Veiled" would work also as my description too because it sounded like there was a "hole" in the mids although upper treble was not bad.

I did like the W3 cable but it failed. For that much money there should be a replaceable cable. This is what impresses me about the Shure line.  I'm worried that my Ortofon cables will suffer the same fate, it will happen eventually.  I will never buy another IEM that has a fixed cable.

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #1,367 of 1,937
  If you're asking about my impressions of the Westone 3, then yes the bass was somewhat muddy. They simply sounded "off" and lacking detail from top to bottom compared to ER4. "Veiled" would work also as my description too because it sounded like there was a "hole" in the mids although upper treble was not bad.

I did like the W3 cable but it failed. For that much money there should be a replaceable cable. This is what impresses me about the Shure line.  I'm worried that my Ortofon cables will suffer the same fate, it will happen eventually.  I will never buy another IEM that has a fixed cable.

I'm talking about the se215, specifically the limited edition version(blue casing), but they all sound the same right? Mids are veiled and the bass is just muddy. Heck, people said the w3's bass is muddy and the se215ldt's bass is worse.

I would contact Westone and get a replacement.

If it's out of warranty, they would sell you the w30 for about $150ish I believe, you would still get a heck of a deal either way. Could make you some money by selling them if you don't want it.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,368 of 1,937
215 was always relatively muddy compared to other 99$ gems like gr07,re-400 .

I would suggest u to get one of these two,gr07 is preferred but if u like super smooth treble then re-400

If u want massive soundstage of a headphone with othewise flat and clean response get havi b3 pro 1.

cheers.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,369 of 1,937
215 was always relatively muddy compared to other 99$ gems like gr07,re-400 .

I would suggest u to get one of these two,gr07 is preferred but if u like super smooth treble then re-400

If u want massive soundstage of a headphone with othewise flat and clean response get havi b3 pro 1.

cheers.

The impression is that you write about other headphones ! 215 sounds very good indeed !
Although of course maybe you have high end system that pulls out all the crap ?!

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,370 of 1,937

The impression is that you write about other headphones ! 215 sounds very good indeed !
Although of course maybe you have high end system that pulls out all the crap ?!

as u wish then,i will go no further.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #1,371 of 1,937
Цитата:
Сообщение от sardar17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

как у хотите то, я никогда не буду идти дальше.

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Скажите, а какую систему вы слушали 215 ?[/color]

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,372 of 1,937

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Tell me and what system you listened 215[/color]

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]

clip+ rockboxed
nexus 4
nexus 7,,rooted with viper sound effects installed

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #1,374 of 1,937

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Try something more honest , maybe the view will change ![/color]

It will not,its a fact that its relatively muddy to say gr07,,,good iem though with exceptional comfort and isolation.Bass is too much for me

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #1,375 of 1,937
sardar17
Try to listen to such kind of an acoustic concert with good vocals uncompressed format (FLAC) is 215 will be revealed in full! 
also recommend recording with high quality recorded for testing headphones
http://www.hdtracks.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-headphone-demonstration-disc-160143

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,376 of 1,937
My other cable arrived, cloth covered with a mic and switch for android/apple. Works fine, at least as good as the stock.

someone asked in another Shure thread if this was a good one. Very flexible and no microphonics. Not bad for 13 US dollars.
Vlad I tried the Shure yellow tips, they are ok, I think the Etymotic foams are better.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,377 of 1,937
  My other cable arrived, cloth covered with a mic and switch for android/apple. Works fine, at least as good as the stock.

someone asked in another Shure thread if this was a good one. Very flexible and no microphonics. Not bad for 13 US dollars.
Vlad I tried the Shure yellow tips, they are ok, I think the Etymotic foams are better.

Cable looks good and the price is good, but is also convenient if you use the phone !
It is necessary and I try foam tips Etymotic .
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,378 of 1,937
vladimir

my whole lib is flac and I have got gr07 mk2,brainwavz m3,monster turbine pro coppers and havi b3 pro 1 to compare 215 to.

My collection includes porcupine tree,pink floyd,dire straits,merlin,king crimson,iron maiden,ac/dc,opeth,michael jackson to count a few.

Rest assured I am not taking a dig at 215 but they are not a gold standard at 100$ anymore,not for the past 2-3 years atleast.But as I said earlier excellent build quality and isolation with huge bass is its strong point.

cheers

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,379 of 1,937
vladimir

my whole lib is flac and I have got gr07 mk2,brainwavz m3,monster turbine pro coppers and havi b3 pro 1 to compare 215 to.

My collection includes porcupine tree,pink floyd,dire straits,merlin,king crimson,iron maiden,ac/dc,opeth,michael jackson to count a few.

Rest assured I am not taking a dig at 215 but they are not a gold standard at 100$ anymore,not for the past 2-3 years atleast.But as I said earlier excellent build quality and isolation with huge bass is its strong point.

cheers

^This.

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #1,380 of 1,937
vladimir

cheers

I agree that the budget is more than $ 100 and there are many options better than the Shure 215, but I bought the 215 for $ 80 and at this price , I think they are on top !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back