New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Oct 14, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #1,381 of 1,937
Well if u like bass they certainly are very good at 80$!

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #1,383 of 1,937
As I said the quality is certainly way better what the competition offers,even the comfort and isolation.

But some people like me don't prefer such heavy bass response.

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,384 of 1,937
Hey guys! Just got a set of these in black, still burning in, just wanted to point out that the original cable now has a rubber spacer at the bottom of the 3.5 jack so it can fit devices with cases. I was quite worried about this when I bought mine because all the photos showed no spacer and i was sure it would not fit.... So i also bought a UE900 cable as well only to find out that the original cable fits perfectly even with a rubber case over my iPhone 5s. Anyway thought I'd share the knowledge :)

Oct 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,387 of 1,937
As I said the quality is certainly way better what the competition offers,even the comfort and isolation.

But some people like me don't prefer such heavy bass response.

I could see calling the Shure 215s Bass Heavy if you were coming from ba's; like the etymotic hf5s. At best, classifying them as warm isn't a stretch of the imagination. They are in my opinion a solid forward sounding midrange iem that also has a relatively flat bass curve only lacking sub bass. Even then it is a gentle rolloff to 20Hz.

Each to thier own, you either like them or not. I'm not even suggesting your wrong but I don't think it fair to leave a bass heavier moniker and disappoint some unwitting basshead.

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,388 of 1,937
  I could see calling the Shure 215s Bass Heavy if you were coming from ba's; like the etymotic hf5s. At best, classifying them as warm isn't a stretch of the imagination. They are in my opinion a solid forward sounding midrange iem that also has a relatively flat bass curve only lacking sub bass. Even then it is a gentle rolloff to 20Hz.

Each to thier own, you either like them or not. I'm not even suggesting your wrong but I don't think it fair to leave a bass heavier moniker and disappoint some unwitting basshead.

When an earphone has more bass than even monster turbine pro coppers then its termed as bass heavy only.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,390 of 1,937
Link for this cable?

I'm having good results with the Westone ADV mic cable, but I had to trim some rubber from the connectors to make it fit.
My other cable arrived, cloth covered with a mic and switch for android/apple. Works fine, at least as good as the stock.

[COLOR=000000]someone[/COLOR] asked in another Shure thread if this was a good one. Very flexible and no microphonics. Not bad for 13 US dollars.
Vlad I tried the Shure yellow tips, they are ok, I think the Etymotic foams are better.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,391 of 1,937
Link for this cable?

I'm having good results with the Westone ADV mic cable, but I had to trim some rubber from the connectors to make it fit.

Using for two weeks now with my android. The single button to pause, start and double tap to go forward works really well; very little lag unlike my previous phone so I couldn't be sure if its this controller or the new phone. It works. I kind of wish it had a cinch slider but it's so flexible and has a cloth cover. 
happy to oblige, http://www.ebay.com/itm/C8-Repair-cable-Remote-Mic-connect-iphone-Android-to-SHURE-SE535-SE425-SE846-/261528744134?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3ce453f0c6

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,392 of 1,937
Hey guys I have a question,
My setup is in my sig.
I'm having a problem with the SE215,
The bass seems to be lacking.
I'm using the foam stock tips.
The mids and highs seem to be clear,
It's just that the bass is lacking.
Any help or suggestions?

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #1,393 of 1,937
Hey guys I have a question,
My setup is in my sig.
I'm having a problem with the SE215,
The bass seems to be lacking.
I'm using the foam stock tips.
The mids and highs seem to be clear,
It's just that the bass is lacking.
Any help or suggestions?

For a pair of warm earphones, the SE215s is inherently not as bassy as its counterparts. You can try using the bigger foam tips to achieve a tighter seal, but aside from that, there really isn't much you can do to increase bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back