New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,337 of 1,937
I am wondering if playing music on IEM before the burn in affects overall burning quality?

This is where audiophiles fail the community. I was well on the way to becoming the new Patrick until the objectivists balanced my ocd.

Just enjoy your music is all I'm going to say about that...not that I don't believe in burning.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #1,339 of 1,937
I just ordered SHURE se 215, they are discounted on 79€... I am in doubt they arent same quality as K and CL, since theirs label / typ  is K-E. Maybe is a typo problem that E? Pls answer me soon so i dont buy cheaper model or even worse fake earphones.

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,340 of 1,937
During my travels on eBay I've noticed several new (and very cheap) replacement cables for Shure series IEM.

I'll leave a couple of links here. One of them is only $8! (top link has mic / controls)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261528744134&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321521538039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,341 of 1,937
  You'd probably like the VSD3 more than the VSD3S for more bass. The foam tips are improved on the VSD3 and would help with isolation. There's no venting on the VSD3 so it isolates decently (I don't find a problem with them with the stock biflanges), but I can't compare it to the Shures from memory. 

How would the VSD3 compare to the SE215LTD in terms of bass though?

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #1,342 of 1,937
these vs the
Yamaha EPH-100SL
VSonic GR07 Bass Edition
HiSoundAudio Wooduo2
RHA MA750i

I listen to trance, deep house all EDM kind of music..
So yeah the bass kind of matter a lot...

need help asap please..

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #1,343 of 1,937
  these vs the
Yamaha EPH-100SL
VSonic GR07 Bass Edition
HiSoundAudio Wooduo2
RHA MA750i

I listen to trance, deep house all EDM kind of music..
So yeah the bass kind of matter a lot...

need help asap please..

I have GR07 BE, Wooduo & 215

Bass is deepest on Wooduo, but for my taste is kinda too overpowering, I only have them on to listen to rap / hiphop etc

215 is good for pop / vocals (mids are great), but highs are kinda veiled, lows are good but not really a pure bassheads iem IMHO

GR07BE is my favorite out of the bunch, sounds are more flexible for various genre, not a basshead iem though, and to my ears, mids are just a tiny little bit recessed

So anyway, if what you're after is mostly bass, I'd recommend the Wooduo or Zero Audio Carbo Basso if you can find it

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,344 of 1,937
Good day dear community ! 
I read a lot of reviews about the se215, both positive and negative, but the positive reviews seem to be more! 
 Afterwards ordered the se215 for $ 80 and now I am waiting to be delivered. 
I listen to mostly classic rock, blues, jazz, pop 60-70-80 years. 
Listening to music on iem headphones   Brainwavz S1 + Brainwavz R3 + Denon AH-C551 and fiio X3 .
Most like to listen to music from Denon AH-C551.
What do you think will not be disappointed if I shuras in comparison with my headphones as well as music and genre preferences?

I am sorry for my English!

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,347 of 1,937
It depends really, if you've heard better IEMs, the weaknesses of the SE215 becomes apparent.

I shall not rain on your parade, enjoy your new purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,349 of 1,937
  It depends really, if you've heard better IEMs, the weaknesses of the SE215 becomes apparent.

I shall not rain on your parade, enjoy your new purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did not have ( IEM )  headphones other than those listed above ! 
In se215 I drew interchangeable cable, since I already broke the cable in some headphones, and the reviews seem to be good about se215.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,350 of 1,937
  I did not have ( IEM )  headphones other than those listed above ! 
In se215 I drew interchangeable cable, since I already broke the cable in some headphones, and the reviews seem to be good about se215.

I liked the se215 so much I just bought the 535s. What they have in common is really remarkable beside the shell case size and the behind the ear cable. If you like the way they fit or tolerate it until they feel natural. At first, most people are annoyed by the stiffness of the cable and fitting the earphones takes some trial and error. If you can get past that and find the right tips you'll enjoy the forward midrange. This isn't to say the 215s don't have bass or treble they do. The monitor quality is what brought Shure no small amount of attention. The 535s add a large portion of clarity, better defined bass and some nice top end sparkle. In general the 535s are true monitors while the 215s are tuned for consumer audio preferences, otherwise know as "fun" or "musical".

I plan on getting some aftermarket cables primarily for a more flexible ear wrap and possibly some Sensaphonic sleeves that I can wear with both. As shown here http://www.sensaphonics.com/for-shure-earphones

edit. I still have the se310s. Those are the ones with the fixed cable. I often use the 310s with the cable down (right iem in left ear etc) this isn't possible with either of the others; se215 or 535. The 310s have been used frequently over the 5 years that I've had them. They have been durable but don't come anywhere close in performance or quality to the se215s. The isolation (noise blocking) on the three above is the only attribute they all have in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back