New Sennheiser HD650's and this amp?
Aug 8, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #61 of 80

Quote:
I ended up ordering the Burson Audio HA-160 for these phones.

How are you liking the combo, snaps11? The Burson seems so well suited to Sennheisers that I'm tempted to nab a HD650 to try on it as well, even though I'm quite happy with my HD600.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #62 of 80
Both are on order right now.  I will update/pm you as soon as I get them and they are burned in.  The amp is not going to ship untill the 16th so its going to be a little bit.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #64 of 80
No amp has a USB/optical input from what ive seen.  If you want that then you are looking for an amp/dac combo like the NuForce HDP.......

IMO seperates are usually better incase one component fails you don't have to replace your whole rig.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #65 of 80
Yup, the HDP has it, that's what I just got.

Quote:
No amp has a USB/optical input from what ive seen.  If you want that then you are looking for an amp/dac combo like the NuForce HDP.......

IMO seperates are usually better incase one component fails you don't have to replace your whole rig.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #66 of 80
I ended up ordering the Nuforce HDP and Sennheiser HD 650 last night. I'm definitely looking forward to this comp and will post impressions in a week or so after I receive them and burn them in. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

-Dave

Quote:
I'm actually leaning towards picking up HD 650 and Nuforce HDP together in a few weeks. I've read a ton and can't really picture a better setup for the price based on my reading at least. I finally got a chance to audition HD 650 at a local head-fier's place and left pretty impressed.

Although it's very similar in sound signature to my Sennheiser IE8, I'm really craving the extra comfort, power, and soundstage of a full-size setup. One of the main things that attracts me about the Nuforce HDP is that it has an outstanding USB input section that can handle playing downloadable high resolution music from sites like HDTracks directly through my PC.

I'd be interested everyone's impressions on HD 650 and whatever amps you choose, especially HDP.

Thanks!
-Dave

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #67 of 80
anyone with the 650's and the HDP, please do yourself a favor.  Get a copy of Damien Rice - "O" in FLAC, hook it up to your PC, turn up the HDP to about 3:30PM, and hit play.  It's amazing.

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #68 of 80
Just got my Nuforce HDP and Sennheiser HD 650 in. Even after only listening right out of the box, its obvious this is going to be a nice combo with good synergy. I'll refrain from posting any significant impressions for a few days to get time to listen and to let them break in, but it's looking good so far:)

See pic below...

- Dave

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #69 of 80

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #70 of 80
Aug 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #72 of 80
Quote:
I think you mean <$1,000 :wink:

You can get that rig for around $750

Fixed, thanks. Don't forget to leave room for a nice cable upgrade
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #75 of 80
I just got the AKG K 701's....and I'm dying already to get the HD650's already.

Plus my KICAS Caliente's awesome bass and the HD650's awesome bass should produce some....awesome, awesome bass!

Great picture, sid-fi.

I hope it is okay for me to post this here...thanks
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540545/review-akg-k-701-kicas-caliente-w-pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back