NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Dec 13, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #571 of 710
Better fit with more comfortability and improves the soundstage especially the vertical planes which is awesome. Those are the most noticeable differences

Sounds good. I was just about to get some ZMF pads. Regarding the fit I talked to Zach who recommended his oval or universe pads. The ovals should open up the soundstage as they are very deep, while the universe will add some body to the mids. I was astonished to hear that usual lambskin would be sounding darker than suede. Hmmm... Maybe I should get them all, lol....

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #572 of 710
Sounds good. I was just about to get some ZMF pads. Regarding the fit I talked to Zach who recommended his oval or universe pads. The ovals should open up the soundstage as they are very deep, while the universe will add some body to the mids. I was astonished to hear that usual lambskin would be sounding darker than suede. Hmmm... Maybe I should get them all, lol....
LOL! That sound fun to get them all

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #573 of 710
could someone try the Aiva with the Dtr1 Prelude? I was thinking of buying this dap but as I heard that the Aiva could bother some with the acute ones, it discourages me a little, although they would do good synergy since the resolution of the Aiva with the resolution of Dtr1 could do magic ... but if that is not the case, then I thought of a Cayin N6ii, and this dap could better control the treble of the Aiva, the truth which of the 2 daps advise me to make a better combo with the Aiva?

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #574 of 710
I received the Aiva headphones 10 days ago. However, I could only open the package today. I have started listening Aiva headphones today. The mono pins which connect to left and right side are a bit loose (not a snug fit) and this causes some disruptions to either left or right side, whenever I move my head. Is this normal?

I purchased this headphone from massdrop website. I am thinking of contacting massdrop and sendy audio about this issue. Could anyone answer?
Thank you in advance

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #575 of 710
I received the Aiva headphones 10 days ago. However, I could only open the package today. I have started listening Aiva headphones today. The mono pins which connect to left and right side are a bit loose (not a snug fit) and this causes some disruptions to either left or right side, whenever I move my head. Is this normal?

I purchased this headphone from massdrop website. I am thinking of contacting massdrop and sendy audio about this issue. Could anyone answer?
Thank you in advance
No Mine dont have this issue.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #576 of 710

Thank you in advance

No not normal, mine have a real tight connection, almost too tight. I would contact massdrop.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #577 of 710
I don’t have the Drop issuance; purchased direct from Musictek. The L/R HP cables should securely ‘snap’ into place. You have to secure ‘em by applying a bit of force ‘til you literally feel/hear ‘em ‘click’ into place. If that’s not the case then send ‘em back (empathetic bummer). There's zero wiggle with the HP cup connections on the Sendy Aiva’s.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #578 of 710

Thank you in advance
I also bought from Drop and the 4.4mm plug was bad off the bat. Kept losing connection with the most minimal movement. They didn't give me a problem with sending them back before 30 days. Was running them with an atom and now really wonder what they would be like with a thx drop/monoprice amp.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #579 of 710

Thank you in advance
Been said already but it sounds like you aren't pressing them in enough. Press them in until it clicks in place, you'll know it when it happens

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #580 of 710
I don’t have the Drop issuance; purchased direct from Musictek. The L/R HP cables should securely ‘snap’ into place. You have to secure ‘em by applying a bit of force ‘til you literally feel/hear ‘em ‘click’ into place. If that’s not the case then send ‘em back (empathetic bummer). There's zero wiggle with the HP cup connections on the Sendy Aiva’s.

Been said already but it sounds like you aren't pressing them in enough. Press them in until it clicks in place, you'll know it when it happens

Thank you KESM and Corygilmore. I was not sure on applying more force earlier, until click sound happens. After reading your replies, I tried to apply more force until click sounds occured. The fit is tight now.

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #581 of 710
I also bought from Drop and the 4.4mm plug was bad off the bat. Kept losing connection with the most minimal movement. They didn't give me a problem with sending them back before 30 days. Was running them with an atom and now really wonder what they would be like with a thx drop/monoprice amp.

I hope that you got replacement.

These phones pair with THX789 very well. I could not go beyond 11'O clock position with gain setting III. Sound quality was also improved in comparison with Cayin N5iiS as a source to drive these phones.
If you are seriously considering THX, you could look for SMSL SP200 that is available for 290 US$ in amazon (US).

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #582 of 710
I hope that you got replacement.

These phones pair with THX789 very well. I could not go beyond 11'O clock position with gain setting III. Sound quality was also improved in comparison with Cayin N5iiS as a source to drive these phones.
If you are seriously considering THX, you could look for SMSL SP200 that is available for 290 US$ in amazon (US).
I didn't get a replacement and instead grabbed one of the $500 LCD2 on black Friday. I really enjoy the LCD2, but now I can appreciate the merits of the Sendy. I didn't know what I was missing until they were gone.

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #583 of 710

They sound fantastic with THX amps. I have the SMSL SP200 paired with a Topping D50s and they sound great. As long as you have a decent Dac you're good to go with one of the THX amps, all my headphones sound better now because of that amp.

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #584 of 710
They sound fantastic with THX amps. I have the SMSL SP200 paired with a Topping D50s and they sound great. As long as you have a decent Dac you're good to go with one of the THX amps, all my headphones sound better now because of that amp.
Thanks. I have a topping D30 which I have been happy with. I like the dac/amp THX combo that monoprice has but that is $500. That means if I get the SMSL, I can justify buying more headphones with the difference!!

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #585 of 710
As anyone been able to successfully disassemble these headphones?

I'm asking because, lately I've been playing around with these headphones. While looking the subject of headphone voicing I came across this webpage:

http://www.brentbutterworth.com/headphone-voicing.html

Scientific methods aside, I considered it to be a very enlightening read. So I began to tweak the Aiva following some of those conclusions. I now want to cover some; or all, of the holes on the grill to hear how it affects the sound, but I want to cover them from the inside. I need a way to get behind the drivers...non-destructively. I wanted to ask first to find any previous experiences before I ventured into no man's land and risk not coming back.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back