NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #541 of 709
This headphone is proof that, no matter what impressions you read or graphs you see. Your own ears and experience will decide.

I just happen to find a shop that carry this headphone and able to listen and do a comparison with Ananda. I will agree with Zeos about this headphone. It's a steal. The clarity is just out of this world. The bass is not actually bad. It reminds me of the beyer T1 which I loved but without the bloat.

In short, I had fun listening to Aiva while I find Ananda boring.

Graphs indeed does not tell the whole story. This headphone is not for everyone, but if you made your conclusion already without trying yourself you might regret it. :)

Hi,

Thanks for your comment re the T1. I wondered what you meant by '....without the bloat'. Because IMO you can say a lot of things about the T1, but not that it's bloated. But maybe I misread your comment. Thx!

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #542 of 709
Hi,

Thanks for your comment re the T1. I wondered what you meant by '....without the bloat'. Because IMO you can say a lot of things about the T1, but not that it's bloated. But maybe I misread your comment. Thx!

What I mean by bloat is relative to other headphones I have tried over the years. T1 is my first audiophile headphone and it really sounded great at the time when I had not tried many headphones other than cheap ones which normally comes with old walkmans or headsets that comes with PC.

Over the years and countless headphones ago, I realize the bloat (or perhaps mid bass distortion/emphasis) on T1 which are not on other headphones I come to like nowadays. Not sure if I'm making sense now. But the T1 to me has that distinct looseness in the bass region which are solid and tight on other headphones like the CA Cascade or other Planar-based headphones. The Aiva's don't have the same amount as the other headphones I mentioned but still tight and solid in bass compared to T1.

In fact the overall presentation/signature of Aiva reminds me a lot of T1. Mid-bass emphasis and not much bass extention. On the bright side but not fatiguing or at least tolerable to me. Aiva is like an improved T1 hence my comparison.

Disclosure: I have not listen to my T1 for a long time now and the impression is just purely on my memories stamped in my head a long time ago.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #544 of 709

Zeos posted his video today comparing the Sendy Aiva's to the BLON B20 and recently released Monoprice M570 that have the same drivers/cup design.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #546 of 709
Somebody needs to tell Zeos to pull the Universe pads off of the ZMF Aeolus that he has and put them on his Aivia. They really improve the Sendy for me. I was rocking Bob Seger with them tonight.:ksc75smile:
Where can I buy them

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #548 of 709
Nov 15, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #549 of 709
I ordered the new S.M.S.L SP200 THX AAA amp and I can't wait to hear how my Aiva sounds on it. I've never used a THX amp so I'm really looking forward to hearing the difference compared to my other amps. From everything I've seen about this amp it sounds just as good as the DROP THX amp that's $400 and this amp is cheaper at $290, plus it's smaller which I like and has the same amount of power. I'll definitely let everyone know how the Aiva sounds with it after I get the amp and I'm expecting very clear and clean audio from this thing.

If anyone is interested hears the site I got it from, https://apos.audio/products/smsl-sp200-thx-headphone-amp?sca_ref=36221.ouwJgZltO5

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #550 of 709
I ordered the new S.M.S.L SP200 THX AAA amp and I can't wait to hear how my Aiva sounds on it. I've never used a THX amp so I'm really looking forward to hearing the difference compared to my other amps. From everything I've seen about this amp it sounds just as good as the DROP THX amp that's $400 and this amp is cheaper at $290, plus it's smaller which I like and has the same amount of power. I'll definitely let everyone know how the Aiva sounds with it after I get the amp and I'm expecting very clear and clean audio from this thing.

If anyone is interested hears the site I got it from, https://apos.audio/products/smsl-sp200-thx-headphone-amp?sca_ref=36221.ouwJgZltO5
Hell yeah I bought a Jotunheim on the forums yesterday and I’m anticipating hearing my Aiva and other cans on it as well. Also got a 4.4 female to 4 pin male adapter.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #551 of 709
Hell yeah I bought a Jotunheim on the forums yesterday and I’m anticipating hearing my Aiva and other cans on it as well. Also got a 4.4 female to 4 pin male adapter.

I got the same kind of adapter to use with the SP200 but after the fact I found out the XLR and single ended really have no difference in the way they sound on this amp. Oh well, it's nice to have the choice to use XLR in the future.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #552 of 709
I'm spending some quality time with these. Their build quality is everything they say. My biggest gripe about their construction is their headband sliders, they slide out of position with the slightest touch.

When it comes to sound quality, they are treble focussed, but with a decent bass representation. The mids are indeed recessed, but not in any way muffled or any less detailed. However, these headphones are brutal, unforgiving with poor recordings. When I turn the volume up to get the mids a little bit more forward the treble comes at you with a vengeance! Last time I heard treble this searing was with the old DT-990.

I am in no way treble sensitive, I've had almost all of Beyerdynamic best offerings: DT-770, DT-1990 and the T1, so I'm no stranger to treble, but damn...if the recording is poor the Aiva will screech in you ears reminding you of it.

The Aiva has a nice timbre, very transparent. I find it to be quite similar to the DT-1990 with balanced pads. Also, they seem to be almost impervious to pad rolling, or at least the ones I have . I'll play around with EQ for a bit.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #553 of 709
I'm spending some quality time with these. Their build quality is everything they say. My biggest gripe about their construction is their headband sliders, they slide out of position with the slightest touch.

When it comes to sound quality, they are treble focussed, but with a decent bass representation. The mids are indeed recessed, but not in any way muffled or any less detailed. However, these headphones are brutal, unforgiving with poor recordings. When I turn the volume up to get the mids a little bit more forward the treble comes at you with a vengeance! Last time I heard treble this searing was with the old DT-990.

I am in no way treble sensitive, I've had almost all of Beyerdynamic best offerings: DT-770, DT-1990 and the T1, so I'm no stranger to treble, but damn...if the recording is poor the Aiva will screech in you ears reminding you of it.

The Aiva has a nice timbre, very transparent. I find it to be quite similar to the DT-1990 with balanced pads. Also, they seem to be almost impervious to pad rolling, or at least the ones I have . I'll play around with EQ for a bit.

In reference to T1, together with Aiva is like you said treble focused. As I mentioned while ago, the Aiva reminds me of T1. My overall impression is that Aiva improves on the shortcomings of T1. As far as poor recording is concerned, the Aiva is way less harsher and enjoy listening on it more than T1.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #554 of 709
Yeah I honestly haven't felt that the Aiva is ever harsh and I even enjoy using it for a lot of modern pop music. I think it's great for modern pop music actually.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #555 of 709
In reference to T1, together with Aiva is like you said treble focused. As I mentioned while ago, the Aiva reminds me of T1. My overall impression is that Aiva improves on the shortcomings of T1. As far as poor recording is concerned, the Aiva is way less harsher and enjoy listening on it more than T1.

Fair enough however, there are three songs; for me, that Aiva's treble is just way too much:
- Wassail by Big Big Train.
- Caves of Altamira by Steely Dan.
- Aja by Steely Dan.

In everything else I'm enjoying the Aiva. But man, the worst offender is Wassail, that high hat it's just too much for me. Can anyone please share their impression of those songs on the Aiva? Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back