NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
May 1, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #316 of 714
The Aiva can hang with all my headphones and sound better than some. I still can't believe they're $599 because they really do seem like a more expensive headphone, not just in SQ but build quality as well. They came alive even more after getting the JDS Labs EL Amp and I can't stop listening to them. I've used my other headphones for maybe a few hours the last 2 weeks because these bad boys are all I want to use.

How do they respond to EQ with your Loki? Specifically the sub-bass?

May 1, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #317 of 714
The Aiva can hang with all my headphones and sound better than some. I still can't believe they're $599 because they really do seem like a more expensive headphone, not just in SQ but build quality as well. They came alive even more after getting the JDS Labs EL Amp and I can't stop listening to them. I've used my other headphones for maybe a few hours the last 2 weeks because these bad boys are all I want to use.

Takstar 580 is same driver and with some tweaks can probably be on par with Aiva. Oh, it's like $165ish too.

May 1, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #318 of 714
Not better but different

Attachments

• AEF5FB31-76F9-4190-9F74-408367BD1E04.jpeg
    AEF5FB31-76F9-4190-9F74-408367BD1E04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #319 of 714
33E89BB7-B4A8-49F5-A16F-0E6A9E3DFF4C.jpeg

May 2, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #320 of 714
Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #321 of 714
If anything saying your deal to distribute the Aiva fell through while being the only major dissenting voice on this thread doesn't help your case.

But to each their own, I've disliked many hyped headphones. This one just happens to work for me, though I am considering returning them since my Amazon window still has about 10 days left and just keeping my takstar 580s(for 1/3rd the price, they aren't equal but they are similar) which are close enough stock. If you listen to a lot of electronic music a lot the driver in these and the other two are pretty damn ideal for it.

The build quality, is extremely impressive on the Aiva and they look great which may influence me keeping it.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #322 of 714
If anything saying your deal to distribute the Aiva fell through while being the only major dissenting voice on this thread doesn't help your case.

Exactly my thought. Too much anger for a widely accepted headset, which if it has faults, are minor.

I am considering returning them since my Amazon window still has about 10 days left and just keeping my takstar 580s

I also bought the Takstar 580, but don't have them yet, despite the wood, the general build and detail, do you think the sound is close enough? Anyway I'll keep my Aiva, I love the sound and the look.

May 3, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #324 of 714
Even though drivers in 580 and Aiva are same they can’t sound the same. Different ear pads and housing will make them sound different.

May 4, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #326 of 714
Even though drivers in 580 and Aiva are same they can’t sound the same. Different ear pads and housing will make them sound different.

they are similar though. most of the characteristics I like about the Aiva are shared with 580, but in stock with stock earpads the subbass and treble are a bit weaker, but it is closer than it should be for less than 1/3rd the price. I dunno though, it's not like either are a bad buy but I am kind of expecting the gap to close when people start modding the 580.

May 4, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #327 of 714
Rather than settling "down" and saying the gap is closer than it should be for a $170 pair of hp's, maybe the way to look at it is at the other end, how does the Aiva narrow the gap on 1K to 1.5K headphones...just a thought. If you like them be happy, take this from a guy that named his blog audiorabbithole. While price is not an indicator of whether something is good, it is probably okay to say that the 580 strike above their price point. I am not a guy that gets incredibly hyped of ornate builds, an example is the HD650, very plasticky but a classic, but I do consider the total package. Everything is subjective.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #329 of 714
Miss Aiva arrived today to join my family of headphones. I only have one other planar (HE-4XX) to compare it to but here are some quick impressions to my ears: (note due to age/hazardous noise exposure I’ve lost partial sensitivity in mid-to-high frequencies)

- Nice imaging, right away I notice very crisp detail and more sub-bass than the HE-4XX

- A bit bright and sparkly to my ears but that could be my hearing degeneration

- The Aiva is sort of up-front/narrower (aggressive?) while the HE-4XX has a laid-back more neutral output

- Aiva responds very well to minor EQ adjustments on the RME ADI-2 DAC where I prefer to raise the mid-bass a little and slightly lower the mids

Wish they would have included a balanced 4-pin XLR to 4.4mm adapter along with the 3.5mm one. Otherwise as expressed by many others the quality of the construction and the nice cable makes a quality package. I did order an XLR adapter so I’ll follow up later if it makes any difference. I think the characteristics and enhanced details of these headphones will work well for my ears and make up for some of my hearing loss. I like the uniquely-shaped pads and comfort too.

May 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #330 of 714
Miss Aiva arrived today to join my family of headphones. I only have one other planar (HE-4XX) to compare it to but here are some quick impressions to my ears: (note due to age/hazardous noise exposure I’ve lost partial sensitivity in mid-to-high frequencies)

- Nice imaging, right away I notice very crisp detail and more sub-bass than the HE-4XX

- A bit bright and sparkly to my ears but that could be my hearing degeneration

- The Aiva is sort of up-front/narrower (aggressive?) while the HE-4XX has a laid-back more neutral output

- Aiva responds very well to minor EQ adjustments on the RME ADI-2 DAC where I prefer to raise the mid-bass a little and slightly lower the mids

Wish they would have included a balanced 4-pin XLR to 4.4mm adapter along with the 3.5mm one. Otherwise as expressed by many others the quality of the construction and the nice cable makes a quality package. I did order an XLR adapter so I’ll follow up later if it makes any difference. I think the characteristics and enhanced details of these headphones will work well for my ears and make up for some of my hearing loss. I like the uniquely-shaped pads and comfort too.

Congrat on the purchase, Welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back