New member to Head-Fi!
Aug 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #48 of 64
I love the look of the HD598s. (I still want one pair just for the looks! LOL!)
I have heard great things about it but I just didn't get it due to the price and because I think for a Sennheiser headphone it doesn't sound like their trademarks it seems (it's a bit bright from what I've read).

Still, soundstage should be good and I don't think you will have a problem with it. But as you can see, budget-wise it's a bit steep.!

Either way you go (AD700, 440s with 840 pads or HD598s) you will get great cans!

Enjoy!

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #49 of 64

Quote:
I love the look of the HD598s. (I still want one pair just for the looks! LOL!)
I have heard great things about it but I just didn't get it due to the price and because I think for a Sennheiser headphone it doesn't sound like their trademarks it seems (it's a bit bright from what I've read).

Still, soundstage should be good and I don't think you will have a problem with it. But as you can see, budget-wise it's a bit steep.!

Either way you go (AD700, 440s with 840 pads or HD598s) you will get great cans!

Enjoy!

Yeah... they look GREAT. They're ~$145 used shipped. I've just heard so many bad things about the 440's that I've been scared away. The Sennheisers seem like they'd be great, with adequate bass, good mids, and a good soundstage. I'm willing to shell out the premium if it's worth it (up to a certain level of course). This is really pushing my budget. If Shure 440's with 840 pads would still sound good, I'll go for it. I'm worried that they aren't comfortable though, the Sennheisers look so comfy. I'm really leaning towards the 598s. I really love the looks. I don't have trained ears so much so I'd be content with it. If there's any mod I can do to the headband without tearing the cans open then I'll be happy to read up. The Sennheisers looks alone steer me towards them though... drool-worthy. A shame they don't come with the stand :frowning2:

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #50 of 64

Quote:

Yeah... they look GREAT. They're ~$145 used shipped. I've just heard so many bad things about the 440's that I've been scared away. The Sennheisers seem like they'd be great, with adequate bass, good mids, and a good soundstage. I'm willing to shell out the premium if it's worth it (up to a certain level of course). This is really pushing my budget. If Shure 440's with 840 pads would still sound good, I'll go for it. I'm worried that they aren't comfortable though, the Sennheisers look so comfy. I'm really leaning towards the 598s. I really love the looks. I don't have trained ears so much so I'd be content with it. If there's any mod I can do to the headband without tearing the cans open then I'll be happy to read up. The Sennheisers looks alone steer me towards them though... drool-worthy. A shame they don't come with the stand :frowning2:

Get a banana stand. Most people on OCN do it. I just don't know about here.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #54 of 64

Quote:
What games are you planning on using with the headphones?

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dirt 3
Greed Corp
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Portal
Portal 2
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Team Fortress 2

Mostly Team Fortress 2 since he always seems to be playing it. We're friends via steam.
cool.gif
:p

He doesn't seem to play the other games a lot.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #55 of 64
Looking at my Steam library is cheating :p
Plus I've just recently moved, so my desktop is being shipped (literally) over... the only game my computer can play at Low (1366x768) at like over 10FPS is Team Fortress 2. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back