New Member Introductions thread
Feb 7, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #14,343 of 15,646
Hi!

My name is Gabriel, I've fallen into the depths of audiophilia through my passion for a single artist, João Gilberto.

My actual quest is to have a system that would make the impossible, give me the thrills of listening to the late genius live,
untill there, i'm trying my best with headphones and iems.

I would love to know if someone has a recommendation of iem that has perfectly textured mids, and if someone knows the exact vocal frequency of João Gilberto and Nina Simone so i can try to bring them upfront on my current equip via EQ.

I have a HD660S, with oppo HA2 dac, EDX ULTRA, Blon BL01, had the tangzu zetian wu which i'll upgrade to XHBB heyday edition and am considering to buy a dt800, or aq4 or dt 600 from audionsense, or yet a XINHS Erasmus or ISN H 30.

I am also considering to simply upgrade to Electrostatic headphones.

Open for any recommendations.

Thank you vey much

Gabriel

Feb 7, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #14,344 of 15,646
Hi!

My name is Gabriel, I've fallen into the depths of audiophilia through my passion for a single artist, João Gilberto.

My actual quest is to have a system that would make the impossible, give me the thrills of listening to the late genius live,
untill there, i'm trying my best with headphones and iems.

I would love to know if someone has a recommendation of iem that has perfectly textured mids, and if someone knows the exact vocal frequency of João Gilberto and Nina Simone so i can try to bring them upfront on my current equip via EQ.

I have a HD660S, with oppo HA2 dac, EDX ULTRA, Blon BL01, had the tangzu zetian wu which i'll upgrade to XHBB heyday edition and am considering to buy a dt800, or aq4 or dt 600 from audionsense, or yet a XINHS Erasmus or ISN H 30.

I am also considering to simply upgrade to Electrostatic headphones.

Open for any recommendations.

Thank you vey much

Gabriel
I'd recommend the KSE1200 electrostatic system, with the trimmed (check instructions) triple flange tips.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #14,346 of 15,646
Hello,

5 Years into the hobby, a head-fi lurker since day one and finally decided to join the tribe. :p
Recently got the Meze Elites and I'm really into their products, although I owned and tryed many others.
Looking forward to share my experiences and learn from yours.

Cheers,
Tommybyte

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #14,347 of 15,646
Hello,

A new member here. While I always liked listening to music through earbuds eventually getting refurbished Klipsch S4i and X4i using different portables mediums such as NetMD my true journey into an audiophile was more happenstance. It started when my PC was having issues with its internal audio where there would be a distinct buzzing when listening to anything through the 3.5mm audio jack. Not wanting to get rid of my Status CB-1 headphones at the time and sacrificing a USB connection I got a cheap 3.5mm 192Khz DAC Converter which I ran through optical. Eventually when the second pair of CB1s broke around Prime Day I decided to splurge on a Beyerdynamic DT 770. They only had the 250Ohm with 6.35mm in stock at the time so I decided to get a Dilvpoetry X6 Pro (which I guess can be closely compared to the FX-Audio DAC-X6) that would connect with that and supposedly support the Ohms which it does beautifully.

Since then I have added a Hidizs AP80 Pro-X and KZ ZAX IEMs. I know some true audiophiles would regale I got V-shaped treble middling junk but its an improvement to me. I am still open to learning more.

Regards

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #14,349 of 15,646
Hi, a relatively new member.. I want to see if anyone can help me here.. I have a hidizs s9 pro dongle dac and wondering what options do I have which are better than that to pair with moondrop blessing 2 dusk
What I see is people usually ask for a budget you are willing to spend on a DAC, IEM or whatever Hifi audio equipment that is being asked for. Not to mention if you want a portable DAC with its own player or one you connect to phone or PC.

As for my limited opinion it sounds like you want a portable DAC with a balanced 4.4m output (requires new wire or adapter) among other features. It seems like the iFi audio GO blu has had some good reviews here and is not too much more expensive then the Hidizs S9 Pro. There is also the FiiO Q3 MQA THX Balanced DAC/Amplifier if you want a MQA certified portable DAC that has both balanced 4.4mm and 2.5mm output. If anyone else can chip in on their experience on a good portable DAC would be welcome.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #14,350 of 15,646
Hey guys. Been lurking for a while and thanks to you all I have a blossoming headphone problem. I'm a life long music lover, thriftier and tinkerer and this hobby has proven the perfect match. I grew up a punk guy, but now I'm more into singer/songwriter, techno, jazz and prog rock(which I thought was THE most pretentious crap when I thought I was punk😏 I guess I got old). Happy to be here.

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #14,351 of 15,646
Hey guys. Been lurking for a while and thanks to you all I have a blossoming headphone problem. I'm a life long music lover, thriftier and tinkerer and this hobby has proven the perfect match. I grew up a punk guy, but now I'm more into singer/songwriter, techno, jazz and prog rock(which I thought was THE most pretentious crap when I thought I was punk😏 I guess I got old). Happy to be here.
So….what does this ‘blossoming headphone problem’ consist of? 🤔

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #14,352 of 15,646
So….what does this ‘blossoming headphone problem’ consist of? 🤔
Sennheiser HD 535 modified, HD 6xx stock, HD 202 modified. Yamaha YH-3 modified, YH-2 under construction, Grado SR80 modified, Koss kph40(to replace broken kph30i) modified. DIY speaker to headphone to headphone adapter. Vincent khv111. if hip sac. Schiit Modi 3+. Most of that in the last 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back