New Member Introductions thread
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #14,362 of 15,524
Hi all, just dropping to say hello & geetings from Hellsinki rock city, Finland. Been listening to in-ears all my life and now taking my first steps into the over-ear audiophile world. Will appreciate y’alls experience and tips greatly while following down this rabbit-hole.

Feb 13, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #14,364 of 15,524
I was always curious does the Timeless 7Hz Planar IEM have a significantly different audio profile to the Fiio FH7 hybrid ones?
Yes, very different!
7Hz = instruments blend into each other more
Fiio FH7 = more separation between instruments

Initially, I liked Fiio FH7 more.
But then -- on certain songs, there is too much separation... the melody deconstructs too much.
Also: Fiio FH7 are brighter. For 2h+ listening sessions, can make your ears bleed! (ie annoying). Frustrating to EQ, if you tone down the highs -- earbleed goes away, but so does the sparkle...

7Hz, more musical, are now my daily driver.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #14,365 of 15,524
Hi -- Timeless 7Hz and Fiio FH7 are the two IEMs I have gone through so far.
Still looking for my "endgame" pair...
Nice to meet everyone here!
The interesting part about "endgame" is that if you started with your endgame you probably wouldn't appreciate it as much, as someone that's experienced a lot more IEMs and audio systems. I recommend acquiring a lot of variety of gear, to get appreciation for the finer aspects of the audiophile hobby.

Feb 14, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #14,366 of 15,524
Welcome from another newbie. What products are on your radar?
Eventually the choice came down to Airpod Maxes and B&W Px8’s. Finally decided to go for the B&W’s after I saw a very good deal at a local music store. Hoping to have them shipped tomorrow. Hope it was a good move despite being firmly in the Apple ecosystem. Never owned any Apple headphones though, probably mostly because the default ones were so bad for so long. I know the Pro’s are meant to be ok these days but never tried. Been using Beyerdynamic Free Byrds lately and been very happy with the sound quality despite the slightly uncomortable build. My ears are huge but those still stick out like pine cones tbh.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #14,369 of 15,524
Hi everyone,

Long-time reader here. I'm an audio hobbyist and enjoy Grado headphones (RS2e, RS1e, Hemp, GS3000e; with Shipibo rodblocks, gimbals and headbands). Decided to finally join the forums to engage more directly with the audio community.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back