New Member Introductions thread
Feb 1, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #14,326 of 15,452
Hi,

I have seen a interesting thread on the Holo Audio Red streamer and i want to watch and follow, maybe ask some questions.

I want to change my Bluesound Node N130 to a better sound device and the Red seems to be a good client.

I have a DAC RME ADI 2 FS plugged on Bryston 4B3 for powering two Focal Sopra 3, all my cables are from AudioQuest.

Have a nice day

Cheers
I don't know which features on the Red are the most important to you, but if you're looking for a full featured streamer that won't break the bank, take a look at the WIIM Mini or Pro. I replaced my Cambridge CXN V2 with the Pro and absolutely love it! https://www.wiimhome.com/

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #14,327 of 15,452
I don't know which features on the Red are the most important to you, but if you're looking for a full featured streamer that won't break the bank, take a look at the WIIM Mini or Pro. I replaced my Cambridge CXN V2 with the Pro and absolutely love it! https://www.wiimhome.com/
Hi,

thanks for your advice, but i want to be able to play DSD files, i dont need another all in one device with DAC.

Le WIIM Pro seems excellent but not for my actual search.

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #14,329 of 15,452
Hey everybody. I’m a new user but have been lurking for years. I’m into all things audio but lately it’s been mostly headphones.

I have a bunch of iem’s and a couple of nice headphones.

Focal Elegia
Sennheiser HD58X
HiFiMan Sundara

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #14,330 of 15,452
Hi,

thanks for your advice, but i want to be able to play DSD files, i dont need another all in one device with DAC.

Le WIIM Pro seems excellent but not for my actual search.
Fair enough. I don't use the dac in the pro cuz its pretty average, I feed the signal to my BF 2/64 and saw you already had a dac also. No biggie... Good luck!

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #14,331 of 15,452
Hi everyone thanks for letting me into your happily active forum. I got into higher fidelity audio about 14 years ago. started with Grado sr60i bought as a gift. Trying to piece back together my turntable (need new stylus for Grado black) so I can listen to my vinyls and figure out my endgame headphone or maybe, speakers :)

Grados broke a while ago so right now I own.
Sennheiser HD58x
Sony SBH24
simple class d amp with Klipsch R41-M bookshelf speakers

Really dont listen to the Sennheiser enough to justify keeping it. contemplating selling or trading that headphone.

Feb 4, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #14,334 of 15,452
Hi Head-Fi folk. My name is John. I've been lurking and reading for some time and thought it might be time to say hello. I've dabbled in audio for most of my life. First exposed to hifi by my older brother, then by selling hifi equipment in NY in the 80's. Now, with more time on my hands I am getting excited about hifi again. I hope to continue to learn from all of the smart folks here while avoiding developing a "problem". Over the years I have experimented with Koss, Sennheiser and Grado. My daughter is getting the big now so I am using that as an excuse to do the same.

Feb 6, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #14,338 of 15,452
Hi everyone thanks for letting me into your happily active forum. I got into higher fidelity audio about 14 years ago. started with Grado sr60i bought as a gift. Trying to piece back together my turntable (need new stylus for Grado black) so I can listen to my vinyls and figure out my endgame headphone or maybe, speakers :)

Grados broke a while ago so right now I own.
Sennheiser HD58x
Sony SBH24
simple class d amp with Klipsch R41-M bookshelf speakers

Really dont listen to the Sennheiser enough to justify keeping it. contemplating selling or trading that headphone.
I'd look into some IEMs, you can listen to them in more environments because they block out noise. Also, because the drivers are smaller and lighter than regular headphone/speaker drivers, you get more performance for your money. I've personally owned many speakers and regular headphones, but now I'm moving towards mainly IEMs because of the performance, value, and portability.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #14,339 of 15,452
Hello everyone! I'm netowi. Not new to audio, as I've been seeing posts on here for forever, but just never felt the need to make an account until recently. I love planars and electrostats. Currently, I use Argons, LCD-X, Lambda Signature, and SR-404 as my daily drivers with more on the way!

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #14,340 of 15,452
Hello, I’ve been “watching” this forum/website for over 5 years and finally I decided to register an account. Not new to audiophile community but I’ve been stuck in so called mid-fi or even lo-fi for so long. I’m eager to learn from the community and fine tuning my setup. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back