New Member Introductions thread
Feb 15, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #13,366 of 15,526
Hello!

I have been in this hobby for a few years now. And I've been reading HeadFi threads and forums for information and reviews on audio gear that interested me since I got into this hobby. This site has been of help to me and I created an account a year or so ago which was dormant. This is my first post and I am looking forward to the conversations.

Audio gear I am interested in are:-
Transducers: In Ear Monitors, Speakers, Earbuds(to an extent).
Source: Daps(for portable use) and Laptop for home use.
Dacs and Amps are a need.

Music genre I listen to:-
Mostly metal, some rock and soundtracks(video games and anime mostly and some movie).
I used to enjoy a v shaped sound with pronounced bass sub-bass, recessed mids and okay highs. But after recent acquisitions I now like and prefer balanced or reference sound. I listen at low to medium volume mostly as I do want to carry on listening to music through my gears for years without damaging my hearing.

I am not a frequent buyer or a follower of fotm and I do not have fomo. I buy and use a device for as long as it works.
Here's what I had:
Speakers: Edifier C3
InEars: Sennheiser CX300ii, Hifiman Re400, Audio Technica IM70, Ibasso IT01, Tin P1, Dunu Dk2001

And here's what I currently have:
Speakers: Edifier R1280T
Dac: Ifi BL nano
Amp: Matrix Mstage HPA-3U
Daps: Fiio X3ii, Sony ZX300a, Opus #1
InEars: Obravo Cupids(will be selling this off), Oriolus Mellianus(with PW 1980s), Pears SH3(with PW Monile ft 1950s), Oriolus Isabellae(yet to get my hands on them)
Earbuds: Vido red, Monk Plus(wired and wireless both)
On my shopping list: a better dac(probably ifi idsd signature), Pears SH2(not an upgrade but I really like this pair and if the opportunity ever presents itself) and then settle down.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #13,367 of 15,526
Hello All ,
I'm mainly a traditional 2 Channel floorstand/bookshelf speaker kind of guy , but headphones have piqued my interest as of late .
Listen to all genres of music with the exception of country . Looking forward to gaining some additional insight from you fine folks here .

Bonk
full

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #13,368 of 15,526
Hi all,
I am just entering the higher-end audio world. Still have my old ATH-m40x's with Brainwavz pads and recently bought a Zen Dac v2. Since Corona I have to work a lot from home, so i figured my desktop-audio-setup could use a bit of an upgrade. I will add a Zen Can and Sundara's in the near future (i think)..but there are so many new products /dacs/amps being introduced, that i still can't make up my mind. I hope i can find some good advice here in the Forums!

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #13,369 of 15,526
Hey folks,
my name is Jan and I am currently living in Cologne, Germany. I am starting to get into the headphone game, previously being more of a speaker person. Due to all the working from home, I have sold my speaker setup (more precisely, parts of it and trying to sell the rest atm) and buying some decent headphones and gear. Right now, I am waiting on a Denafrips Ares II to combine with a Jotunheim 2. I currently own a pair of Focal Clear Mg Professionals and Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Xs. I am excited to join the forum!

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #13,370 of 15,526
Hey everyone! My name is DarkRoastCoffee, and it has been around a year since I have started my audio hobby. I originally started looking at head-fi to just look at threads and reviews without having to create an account. I now plan on trying to interact more, hopefully learn more about sound, and maybe write some reviews to help people along with their journey.

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #13,371 of 15,526
Hey people! I've been stalking this and other forums for a while on my quest to get some decent gear for gaming.
My first amp was an Asgard 3 paired with a Liquid Spark DAC and a DT1990 Pro and after a while an HD660S. That was 2 years ago. It wasn't bad but I still felt a bit lost in the 3D space more often than not. Then last year I saw the Passion for Sound review of the Soloist 3x and I decided to take a huge plunge by buying that amp as well as a D70S dac and an HD800S headphones. I have had nice results, with a nice sense of depth and distance in the 3D space but I also experienced from time to time a "wall of sound" effect of some sort where I could not tell where other players are. So I decided to register here so I could message HavocTzu about his experience with Chord DACs but since I cannot do it as a new user, I resorted to message him in drop.com and it was awsome because I now got the Qutest after his suggestion and the improvement imo is quite noticeable in terms of depth and positioning. See you around!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #13,372 of 15,526
More of a reader on Headfi; more active on Reddit. Been through the Utopia, LCD5, VC, CRBN thread from back to front here. Been two years on my headphone journey - very happy with my gear so far.

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #13,373 of 15,526
Hello everyone, I'm a new guy.
nice to meet you all
can call me tanyo
I joined this forum because I was interested in headphones while listening to music, so I also want to learn more about hi-fi in the forum and have fun with everyone
I still have a lot to learn. Please give me more advice(My English is also very poor, please forgive me)
My system is PC → D90 → BHA100 →MSR7&MH334
Thank you very much

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #13,374 of 15,526
Hello friends. My name is Andrey, I represent the soundcheck39 team from Russia. I want to share with you my opinion and small reviews of headphones, portable DACs and more. I apologize in advance for my poor English. Thank you all very much.

Feb 19, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #13,376 of 15,526
Hello all,
Long time lurker here. My humble nearfield setup is where I do most of my listening, in a 16 x 10 bedroom.
I usually listen to headphones in the car, as it's an older, noisy truck and my Sony noise cancelling headphones do a really good job there.
A couple pics of my home setup:

fullsizeoutput_a99.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a66.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a59.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a5f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a48.jpeg

As you can see, I rotate speakers a lot. Believe it or not, my favorites are also the cheapest: vintage Rega speakers (first ever model) in the bottom pic...
Happy listening

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #13,378 of 15,526
Hi Everyone, I am a frequent visitor to Head-fi and have benefitted from the expertise in this community. I am a videophile and audiophile and joined Head-fi in 2019 but this is my first post.

My first committed journey into mobile hi-fi began in 2019 when I used the knowledge resource available through this community to purchase a FIIO Q5 DAC and later updated it with a AM5 amp. I paired it with a Sennheiser HD700 and love that combo. I later did more research here and purchased a AKG 3003 IEM for the soundstage and a Etymotic ER4-XR IEM for accuracy and also bought a Zorloo Ztella dongle for use with my IEMs.

Just this week I discovered the Drop HD8XX discount on this site and have one in transit to Canada as I am a sucker for soundstage. I now think it is time for me to start giving back to the community and look forward to being a participant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back