New Member Introductions thread
Feb 8, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #13,351 of 15,569
Hi, I'm Matt.

I have a couple of wired audiophile headphones but lately haven't been listening to them that much. Really looking for wireless headphones with near Hi-Fi audio quality. I know it's going to take a few more years probably for the technology to develop, but a man can wish no.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #13,353 of 15,569
Hello !!
Been listening to music since I can remember, back when I used to save google videos of songs to my internet explorer favorites. Used to sing and play viola and piano (not well; just because it was fun!)

Was interested in good audio since I got my first pair of ifrogs earbuds from target. Tried a lot of cheap to mid tier earbuds that a high schooler could afford.
My first hifi investment was Sennheiser ie80 on sale for $190. :)

Feb 9, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #13,354 of 15,569
Hello everyone!
My name is John, been into the whole audio hobbyist/enthusiast scene for decades but only recently saw the light and converted to the "listening/enjoying music" in a solitary manner....happy to report that I'm now an addict.
Current rigs and set ups include a mix of the portable and the not so portable variety:
For the "on the go" stuff, my current companions include the SF Pryma and the Focal Spirits (both of which sound OK and look darn pretty) fed by an Astell Kern AK 300.
For home listening, my current choices are the Sennheiser 599 SE, the Sennheiser HD 700, the AKG 702 and the Denon AHD 2000 all through the Pathos Aurium amp (main system) or an Audioquest dragonfly (laptop).
I look forward to being here and talking/learning all things gear related and such and my apologies in advance for the many noob questions that might be coming your way.

Feb 9, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #13,355 of 15,569
Hello everyone, I'm John as well and new to Head-fi, not to the audio hobby. I have concentrated on 2 channel and HT but over the past year have purchesed more cans. Inventory so far consists of Sennheiser HD580's, Drop HD6XX's, Oppo PM2's, HiFiman Ananda's, and a pair of Audeze LCD-XC(2020) in Bubinga. I also have a pair of Focal/Drop Elex's on order. Some mods to cables and pads but generally stock. I have a RME-ADI DAC fs in my reference system and until recently a Sprout100 on my desktop. I sold that to one of the neighborhood kids that's starting to get into the hobby and got an NAD M10 to go with the KEF LS50's on my desk but it has no headphone capability. I've been poking around looking for alternatives which is why I'm here. There are a lot of them and a lot to learn and my decision making apparatus is freezing up due to information overload. Hopefully hanging around and asking lotts of silly questions will get me on my way.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #13,356 of 15,569
Hi everyone, my name is Alfredo (though I go by Fredo as my username suggests). I suppose by now I'm not very new to the hobby, but I still consider myself a novice. I started out with some DT 770 Pros, then decided to try out some 58x Jubilees (and loved them). Added in a Schiit stack and slowly moved on to an Elex, Liquid Platinum, and Modius. Waiting for a pair of stabilized VOs to come in this weekend and eyeing a DAC upgrade next whilst getting into tube rolling. There's so much here to learn and appreciate. Glad I decided to make an account after countless months of lurking.

Feb 10, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #13,357 of 15,569
Hello, my name is The Schraeer (figure it out). My HP experience level is modest, mostly mid-fi, cope-fi but I do enjoy SDR-modded HD800 on a daily basis.
Gear experience includes gear like Ferrum OOR+Hypsos, Qutest, Singxer SA1, Apogee Groove, Benchmark AHB2.
I've enjoyed music for years to come, but I have gotten more seriously into the hobby just about 4 years ago when I first bought my higher-end headphones (HD6XX, boy what a mistake).
I believe I have tried many flavors of sound and I am still searching for another wow factor, for another high. I am looking for high-fidelity and balance in sound presentation, although I do occasionally find enjoyable HD6XX and some lower-end IEMs, just to spice things up.

I am a music enthusiast that has strong opinions, everything I listen to is meaningful to me.
in short:
I have no money and I must Hi-Fi.

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #13,358 of 15,569
Hello, I've been reading you for a long time, and I've finally registered. I like all kinds of music (except reggaeton and ersatz), but mostly I listen to symphonic rock and soundtracks. I also love the gadgets to hear it as well as possible.

Feb 11, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #13,359 of 15,569
Hello, my name is The Schraeer (figure it out). My HP experience level is modest, mostly mid-fi, cope-fi but I do enjoy SDR-modded HD800 on a daily basis.
Gear experience includes gear like Ferrum OOR+Hypsos, Qutest, Singxer SA1, Apogee Groove, Benchmark AHB2.
I've enjoyed music for years to come, but I have gotten more seriously into the hobby just about 4 years ago when I first bought my higher-end headphones (HD6XX, boy what a mistake).
I believe I have tried many flavors of sound and I am still searching for another wow factor, for another high. I am looking for high-fidelity and balance in sound presentation, although I do occasionally find enjoyable HD6XX and some lower-end IEMs, just to spice things up.

I am a music enthusiast that has strong opinions, everything I listen to is meaningful to me.
in short:
I have no money and I must Hi-Fi.
Hello everyone, I'm John as well and new to Head-fi, not to the audio hobby. I have concentrated on 2 channel and HT but over the past year have purchesed more cans. Inventory so far consists of Sennheiser HD580's, Drop HD6XX's, Oppo PM2's, HiFiman Ananda's, and a pair of Audeze LCD-XC(2020) in Bubinga. I also have a pair of Focal/Drop Elex's on order. Some mods to cables and pads but generally stock. I have a RME-ADI DAC fs in my reference system and until recently a Sprout100 on my desktop. I sold that to one of the neighborhood kids that's starting to get into the hobby and got an NAD M10 to go with the KEF LS50's on my desk but it has no headphone capability. I've been poking around looking for alternatives which is why I'm here. There are a lot of them and a lot to learn and my decision making apparatus is freezing up due to information overload. Hopefully hanging around and asking lotts of silly questions will get me on my way.
Have you heard about the Shure KSE1200?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #13,360 of 15,569
Hello Everyone.
Im working on a SinglePower Audio MPX3 rev B unit with little luck. I need some part values . R59 resistor, R54 if im reading it correctly is 300 ohms 15 watts, ZD3 zener diode. The parts burnt up beyond recognition. they burnt up beyond belief except for R54. I would love to get a schematic, service manual if possible. Many thanks Ken Mauragas (kenJKM)

Feb 12, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #13,362 of 15,569
Hello everyone, I'm Tony.

I've been in the audiophile hobby for a few years now, all started with a pair of HD650 I got in my freshman year at college.
Quite a journey later, now my dorm-room collection consists of Senn. HD650, 800S, Focal Elex, Radiance, Blessing 2 Dusk, and a fresh pair of Audeze LCD-5 (what's food when you can have headphones?); and I have in the past owned the LCD-2C (of which I even 3D printed resin fazors for), GX, and DCA Aeon 2 Noire.

Enjoying music has really been a place of solace for me to destress.
Headfi has for years been a helpful resource in my research when finding new things to try, and I am registering an account here to perhaps start to share my own experience to aid others in their journey navigating through this hobby. I'm Looking forward to the upcoming NYC CanJam, as it will be my first time attending an event of this hobby on this scale.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #13,363 of 15,569
Hi everyone, just another Dave here.

I started this journey with car audio years ago, with Focal and DLS components, Eclipse and Pioneer HUs, JL subs, etc.

Then moved onto HT, currently with an Atmos setup off a Denon with Energy towers up front, Sonance up, Revel surrounds, and SVS sub.

Personal audio started with the TripleFi 10s, then Momentum TW, then the Momentum 3 after trying everything. Daily the Verite Open, Arya Stealth, and LCD-X off a Burson Soloist 3XP with Super Charger and Denafrips Ares II DAC.

Looking forward to working with you all and being part of a winning team!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #13,364 of 15,569
Hi, i'm Sergio, I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading it for a long time. I'm using Audeze LCD-2 Closed with balanced cable from Meze. Amplifier/DAC is Matrix Mini-i PRO 3 MQA.

Feb 14, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #13,365 of 15,569
My name is David, and I've lurked head-fi.org over the years, appreciating the wisdom, advice, and debate this site has hosted.

The only gear I have worth mentioning are my ATH-M50x headphones, which I very much enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back