New Member Introductions thread
Feb 5, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #13,337 of 15,526
Hi everyone :raising_hand:, new to the world of audio, started with a Schitt stack and the Ifi Zen Dac 2 with two Sennheiser headphones (660s and 800s). Currently looking at the Matrix Mini-i Pro 3 since I heard it pairs well with the 800s by YouTube reviewer DMS. If anyone has recommendations for upgrading my DAC\AMP, feel free to message me or reply!

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #13,340 of 15,526
Halo bro, Indonesian as well here. How's your experience with the Hiby R3? Planning to get it myself.
Pretty good. I recommend it, especially if you travel a lot. It's a perfect compact size, in my opinion.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #13,341 of 15,526
Joined because I just started getting into headphones and recently bought a few pair over the past year. I specifically am looking for a supposed mod a member created for the head strap of the Rosson Audio RAD-0 headphones.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #13,342 of 15,526
Hello

My name is Kido, I am new to this forum. I write from the beautiful city of Algiers.

I am also new to the audiophile world, although I have always been interested in gadgets and hifi gear.

Short term, I would like to assemble a set of kit that would allow me to experience high quality audio content on the go.
For us folks living in Africa, it is much harder to find audiophile products locally. We often have to import and pay hefty shipping and customs charges, and returns are not practical. Even companies that have a good reputation elsewhere, cannot and do not, for logistics reasons, offer the same level of service everywhere on our continent.

Therefore we have to think twice before making a purchase: we usually don't enjoy the convenience of returning a product to Amazon when it does not suit our needs, nor can we easily take advantage of warranty like folks do in Europe and North America do. This means researching products is a must before purchase.

I hope to find support with my purchasing decisions, and as I grow and learn in the audiophile world, to offer advice to others as well.

Thank you and have a great day.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #13,343 of 15,526
Hello! I'm Baron, I've been lightly participating in the Hifi community for about a year, and recently I took a deep interest in the Meze Empyreans. My proximity to NYC gives me the rare luxury to test and determine what headphones are the best for me, and I can't wait to participate and contribute whatever I can to the forums. Thanks to all!

Feb 6, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #13,344 of 15,526
Hello everyone.
Got into Hifi 2 years ago and have been spending most of my time lurking and learning all about this awesome hobby.
Hoping to spend more time learning and experiencing more of what the audiophile world has to offer.
Excited to get some feedback, information and recommendations from both longer seasoned veterans and newcomers as well.

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #13,346 of 15,526
Hi my fellow audiophiles,
my name is Rob and I recently bought the Unique Melody Mest Mk2 and I love them very very much 😻😻. It is an incredible and exciting game to find the next perfect part for my music chain.
I started with the B&O H6 3 years ago, bought than a portable Meridian Explorer2 mini amp as a add on for my phone. After that the Audioquest Nightowl.
But in the last year I went crazy. From the great Shanling M6 pro to the even greater FiiO M11 Plus Ltd (better for me) and tinhifi P1 to FiiO FH7 with pure silver cables to the Unique Melody Mest Mk2. With headphones, from the Audioquest to Focal Elear with an upgrade cable to the Focal Clear Mg (tested several other headphones on the way, Focals, some Beyers (DT1770pro, etc.) to some Hifimans). What an awesome journey.
Now I have to get an RME Adi-2 for testing and in the future possibly the ABYSS Diana Phi v2 or the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC. Whats your opinion on the ABYSS?

Best wishes
Rob

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #13,347 of 15,526
Helly I'm antonio.. I am not by far an audiophile, but I love music, i don't have any room big enough to host a pair of decent speakers so I listen to my music usually on IEM.
I started my collection several years ago when I saw the Shure KSE1500 on a shop inside an airport.. (Houston maybe? ) and.. gosh.. I have a thing for electrostatic. my uncle was wealth and many years ago he has a room full of recording with these 2 Magnificent and enormous electrostatic speakers. they were like the black monoliths in space odissey. and gosh.. they DID sound good.. at least for me that I was not used to listen with good equipment.. I mean we are talking like.. 25ish years ago..

so i read about these KSE1500.. and me just being there and this box hanging just in front of me.. I remember I had to cash money from ATMs money exchange and pay the rest with my CC ( he had a limit of 1000$.. ) but then i had them.. and.. they .. sounded.. horrible.. at least that was my first impression.. I learned then that if you have a good speaker.. but bad source.. well it doesn't end well.

I have just purchased yesterday a new mojo 2, that should arrive in few days.. and a new THieaudio Monarch MKII (well purchased.. it will ship sooner.. or later , probably the latter). I am curious to hear the Monarch. my experience with the KSE has been always hate and love.. my flac of the Koln Concert is incredible with the KSE.. but i would not use it for rock or Pop.. so I am curious to see how the monarch compare. and.. how much the mojo add to the KSE..

so soon I'll be the guy that have rubber bands across his phone sticking together 2 DAC and a weird pair of IEMs..

I have always been a lurker of these forums.. but I guess.. that I have decided to go through the pain of.. creating an account. and man I was surprised to see that the second thread on top was still the KSE thread.

well, here I am.. I forgot to mention I live in italy and I am 53.. but that's all gents.

Antonio

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #13,348 of 15,526
Hi !
My name is Tom and I used hedphones from my born :)
From Senheiser 565,Apple AIDIEM, Sony XBA-2, Phonak 112, Shure 425, Shure Aonic 5.
I'm looking for something new ( electrostatic maybe ) but preferable portable solutions.
I listen to music in bed and large headphones are inconvenient in this case :)
I almost found the best solution - Shure kse 1500, available cheaply on this forum in a version without an amplifier, but for some reason the seller does not want to sell them to me, probably because I can only get paid with paypal.
That's why I have to look further.

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #13,349 of 15,526
hi all, my name is Mark and I've been frequenting the head-fi forums for a few years without signing up so thought it was about time. The forums are a great resource full of invaluable insights that you dont get anywhere else on the web.

I've always been a headphones enthusiast, its my preferred way to listen to music, I became more interested in high end equipment around 10 years ago. I have always been a bit at a sennheiser fanboy, my first high end sennheisers being the hd700s which had the added benefit of being manufactured here in Ireland. Ive bought and sold a few headphones since then and most recently Ive moved into the reaIm of Hifiman planars which I have to say I'm really enjoying. most of my purchasing decisions have been influenced by the feedback of other members on this site.

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #13,350 of 15,526
Hello,

My name is André and I'm a new member. Just started getting into headphones and high res music wanted to say thanks for accepting my request for membership. I
I'm here to get some enlightenment to my first headphone amp & dac purchase and headphone upgrade

Regards to all adm & members that help make this forum possible.

Bem Hajam!!!

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back