New Member Introductions thread
Apr 18, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #7,801 of 15,536
Hello - like others before me I wanted to start with a quick introduction of myself. I have been an avid audio and home theater enthusiast for many years. However, I have only recently, within the past year, discovered the joy of the personal listening experience that can be had through quality headphones. I look forward to learning more, sharing my experiences, and any knowledge that I may bring to our discussions to come. - Brian

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #7,803 of 15,536
Also just joined today. My beloved HD600s finally died and I have been looking around for a replacement. I've been a long-time lurker here at Head-Fi (advice from my old boss: find people who know more than you and then listen to them) and I have decided to finally register. I may finally have to up my game a bit and will be picking people's brains over the next few months. Thanks in advance!

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #7,804 of 15,536
Hey all,

New to Head-Fi, just getting into the hobby of high quality audio. Recently purchased the last HD 6xx drop and JBL 305p monitors for my workstation setup. I'll be adding a DAC/Amp to drive it on the new future.

Cheers all!

I also picked up the 305s on Massdrop. Out of curiousity, what are you using as a volume control?

How are you enjoying them?

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #7,805 of 15,536
I also picked up the 305s on Massdrop. Out of curiousity, what are you using as a volume control?

How are you enjoying them?
Oh I only got the 6xx on massdrop, didn't realize the 305s were on there as well. Right now, just my PC volume control. But I am looking at getting an Audio-GD R2R 11 to switch and volume control the speakers and headphones. Seems like all I really need in that little package.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #7,807 of 15,536
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
Forgive me as I don't know how to just make a statement but.. yes well, I've followed this group of people for years and I just bought my first big buy.. [ish?], a Fiio x5 3rd Gen.. I stupidly bought the A5 amp not knowing that my x5 could easily power my Sennheiser Urbanites.. anyhoo, I agree with you Denon Frank, sorry to piggy back off of your comments but, we are all into the same game. Glad to meet you and otters

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #7,808 of 15,536
Hi, my name is Philippe. I'm French (please don't boo but you can wow :dt880smile:). I have an HD700, HD800, HE 560, an LCD-2 non razor which I bought a few weeks before I felt into deep coma end of August 2015 : I was planning to keep one and resale the others. I'm still lanning to do so. My favorite one is a ruin HD560 as it was my comrade during the months I stayed in hospital. As amp, I had bought an Oppo HA-1 SE (audiocom edition) as I'm more and more interested in "Hi-Rez" which implies. But I've bought another drive/DAC (PS Audio Direcstream) so I'll stay with my Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear. I listen mainly to Jazz anc classical (before my little health problem? I coulld easily execute Beethoven piano sonatas, playing them was a different kettle of fish).

I was born with two left hands, now the right one is almost paralysed.

I will need some help for my AKG 340 (elastics) having found in France nice people ready to fix new ones for me. But there is still a mistery : which size(thanx to owatino for his great tutorial).

Any question welcome and... Keep $winging

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #7,812 of 15,536
my nickname is Gianni from Italy. I'm becoming ( or yet I am) an headphones addicted after buying a new entry level HQ audio player (192khz 24bit), that surprised me with his audio performance. So I started to buy headphones and earphones for the pleasure to test them and, if possible, to have fun in modding too.
That's a kind of flashback to a previous love, the hobby of DIY loudspeakers , but's easier to do on a desk and moreover it reduce a lot the dangerous impact of the WAF factor on your hobby and your life. You must be careful anyway...
Very happy to be here

G

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #7,815 of 15,536
I looked at this forum quite a bit last year when I was debating which headphones and amp to get. Ultimately I decided on Sennheiser HD600s with a Schiit Valhalla 2. Later I picked up some etymotic hf5s due to moving desks at work to a noisier area.

I am looking forward to participating and learning here as I contemplate upgrades and other purchases (kind of considering trying some Beyers, though likely just the DT770/880/990 range, and Woo has been enticing to me for amps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back