New Member Introductions thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #7,697 of 15,537
Hello. Lifelong drummer/percussionist, I have taken about a 5 year break from really playing and am starting to learn more about high end audio. My home theater was a blast to set up with my 7.2 Onkyo TX-NR737 A/V receiver and Infinity Primus P363 Towers to start out. I have the whole 7.2 set up with pre-wired speaker outlets/binding posts throughout the room. I refinished my basement and did the blue "Smurf tube" and Monoprice 12 AWG speaker wire. I really want to get a smaller stereo setup in my bedroom with a PS Audio Sprout 2 and some bookshelves. What brought me to this site was a search about the Echo Dot DAC. I have 3 so I can do synced whole house audio.

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #7,698 of 15,537
Hello. Lifelong drummer/percussionist, I have taken about a 5 year break from really playing and am starting to learn more about high end audio. My home theater was a blast to set up with my 7.2 Onkyo TX-NR737 A/V receiver and Infinity Primus P363 Towers to start out. I have the whole 7.2 set up with pre-wired speaker outlets/binding posts throughout the room. I refinished my basement and did the blue "Smurf tube" and Monoprice 12 AWG speaker wire. I really want to get a smaller stereo setup in my bedroom with a PS Audio Sprout 2 and some bookshelves. What brought me to this site was a search about the Echo Dot DAC. I have 3 so I can do synced whole house audio.

Thanks.
Welcome aboard, @Djembeman!! Sounds like you are in the right place...---)

Mar 31, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #7,699 of 15,537
Hello. My first post. I am new to this hobby though I love music all my life. Got myself a DAC and a pair of nice headphones a month ago and already I am eyeing other hardware. That's why I'm here, to learn from you guys, though I've been reading this forum for quite a while now. I listen mainly to classical music though I like all music, from pop, rock, jazz, country, you name it. I also try to play some bagpipes from time to time.

Apr 2, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #7,703 of 15,537
Hi. I've lurked here off and on (mostly off) for a long time, and was a bit surprised to realize I'd never signed up for an account (I might have gotten head-fi mixed up with headwize). I've been listening to a pair of Sennheiser HD600 driven by a Headroom The Max, with a Sony C333ES as the source since 2000. I recently started looking around for some closed headphones, and am curious about what's changed in headphone amps in the last 18 years or so.

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #7,706 of 15,537
Hey guys,,,
I'm new here...Just an average jo that's not obsessed with high-end gear, but obsessed with listening to music. I do enjoy little tools to help the sound out to tickle my ears a little more though.

I currently own the:

PA2V2 Pocket Amp (Great little amp, buit personally in Toronto by a very nice guy)
Sennheiser HD-25's (One of my favorites for punchy/quick music)
Grado MS1 (Great for rock/metal/easy listening...not electronic)
Koss KSC75 (A great/cheap headphone that can perform much better with an amp)

I do plan on getting the Magni/Modi/Loki setup maybe in the summer, I am someone who fiddles with the EQ quite a bit, so I'd prefer knobs, I use the Equalizer APO right now though...great little tool.

I won't be posting a lot, but I will but doing a lot of research for new products, I will ask the occasional question!

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #7,709 of 15,537
Hi Guys,

Thank you for allowing me to join this community, I have noticed is a very close and friendly group. I live in Puerto Rico, and yes, I survived hurricane Maria this past September. I have been an audio enthusiast since my early college days, I am now retired. I decided to start using my Sennheiser HD-580 which were collecting dust and it’s time to start enjoying them. I am here to learn and to share my experiences. Once again, thank you.

Cesar
I LOVE the 580’s! I own a pair of 600’s but I for brass instruments I would prefer the 580. Glad you’re enjoying them
Hello
I'm somewhat experience to this community since I don't need to relies on my discord to discuss hifi . So I came to this forum to seek new and revolutionary stuff in this forum.My first headphone get me to this community is the meme-series (meme40x) but I failed
attempt to repair the headphone. So at discord people reccomend me the k612 or the dt880. I chosen k612 for the tight budget and focusing the money on my planned setup..

I also, came here for the diyers as well...
I found the DT880 to be way too bright personally. I liked the pads and feel but for the treble a lone that was a big pass for me. Glad your enjoying the cans you got!
hey, I'm just a really gay nerdy weeb girl who hates people and is for some reason getting into high end audio. nice to meet you :D
This post was excellent! Might be the best I ever read on here, no messing....

Have fun here, and welcome!!
does replying here count as a post? or do new members have to post a new thread?
Yep! It counts. Should show on your post count. Welcome bbtang

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #7,710 of 15,537
Hi. My name is Marco. I come from classic HiFi and I’m new in the world of liquid music.
I opened an help thread in this section, hoping you can help me.

My last CDP : Denon 2000AE

Pre: Audio Research SP9

Power: Perreaux pmf 3931

Speakers: ProAc EBS

Headphones: AKG 702

Headamp: Docet Cuffia amp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back