1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Member Introductions thread

First

Back
504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513
515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524
Next

Last
  1. RedVelvetLuna
    hey, I'm just a really gay nerdy weeb girl who hates people and is for some reason getting into high end audio. nice to meet you :D

llamaluv, Markfm and ScottMac like this.
  2. Djembeman
    Hello. Lifelong drummer/percussionist, I have taken about a 5 year break from really playing and am starting to learn more about high end audio. My home theater was a blast to set up with my 7.2 Onkyo TX-NR737 A/V receiver and Infinity Primus P363 Towers to start out. I have the whole 7.2 set up with pre-wired speaker outlets/binding posts throughout the room. I refinished my basement and did the blue "Smurf tube" and Monoprice 12 AWG speaker wire. I really want to get a smaller stereo setup in my bedroom with a PS Audio Sprout 2 and some bookshelves. What brought me to this site was a search about the Echo Dot DAC. I have 3 so I can do synced whole house audio.

Thanks.

ScottMac likes this.
  3. serman005
    Welcome aboard, @Djembeman!! Sounds like you are in the right place...---)

4. Technopiper
    Hello. My first post. I am new to this hobby though I love music all my life. Got myself a DAC and a pair of nice headphones a month ago and already I am eyeing other hardware. That's why I'm here, to learn from you guys, though I've been reading this forum for quite a while now. I listen mainly to classical music though I like all music, from pop, rock, jazz, country, you name it. I also try to play some bagpipes from time to time.

ScottMac likes this.
  5. mikedemunck
    Hi there. Bought my first pair of Headphones B&W px a couple of months ago. Realy happy with them. I would love a pair of high end cans with a nice amp. I hope this forum will lead the way

ScottMac likes this.
  6. technicus
    Hello everyone! Join edup the other day in pursuit of some headphone happiness.

ScottMac likes this.
  7. kevlar51
    I really shouldn't have joined up. I told myself I was fine with my current setup, but are we ever really fine?

Markfm and ScottMac like this.
  8. euphxenos
    Hi. I've lurked here off and on (mostly off) for a long time, and was a bit surprised to realize I'd never signed up for an account (I might have gotten head-fi mixed up with headwize). I've been listening to a pair of Sennheiser HD600 driven by a Headroom The Max, with a Sony C333ES as the source since 2000. I recently started looking around for some closed headphones, and am curious about what's changed in headphone amps in the last 18 years or so.

ScottMac likes this.
  9. lenny95
    Hi all. I'm relatively new to the audio world but I definitely want to get more into it. I've been looking around for a few weeks and this place seems to have a lot of great information so hopefully I can learn a lot here and get some questions answered!

ScottMac likes this.
  10. Wuji
    Hello
    New as well, I’ll be loitering a fair bit.
    I’m into IEM and am in the process of building a home set up.
    Cheers W

ScottMac likes this.
  11. TERMiNAL_
    Hey guys,,,
    I'm new here...Just an average jo that's not obsessed with high-end gear, but obsessed with listening to music. I do enjoy little tools to help the sound out to tickle my ears a little more though.

I currently own the:

PA2V2 Pocket Amp (Great little amp, buit personally in Toronto by a very nice guy)
    Sennheiser HD-25's (One of my favorites for punchy/quick music)
    Grado MS1 (Great for rock/metal/easy listening...not electronic)
    Koss KSC75 (A great/cheap headphone that can perform much better with an amp)

I do plan on getting the Magni/Modi/Loki setup maybe in the summer, I am someone who fiddles with the EQ quite a bit, so I'd prefer knobs, I use the Equalizer APO right now though...great little tool.

I won't be posting a lot, but I will but doing a lot of research for new products, I will ask the occasional question!

ScottMac likes this.
  12. serman005
    Welcome aboard, @terminal!! Keep an eye on that wallet... ---).

13. bbtang
    does replying here count as a post? or do new members have to post a new thread?

14. BunnyNamedCraig
    I LOVE the 580’s! I own a pair of 600’s but I for brass instruments I would prefer the 580. Glad you’re enjoying them
    I found the DT880 to be way too bright personally. I liked the pads and feel but for the treble a lone that was a big pass for me. Glad your enjoying the cans you got!
    This post was excellent! Might be the best I ever read on here, no messing....

Have fun here, and welcome!!
    Yep! It counts. Should show on your post count. Welcome bbtang

15. Marcofrancesco
    Hi. My name is Marco. I come from classic HiFi and I’m new in the world of liquid music.
    I opened an help thread in this section, hoping you can help me.

My last CDP : Denon 2000AE

Pre: Audio Research SP9

Power: Perreaux pmf 3931

Speakers: ProAc EBS

Headphones: AKG 702

Headamp: Docet Cuffia amp

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
First

Back
504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513
515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524
Next