New Member Introductions thread
Mar 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #7,682 of 15,551
Hello, I am new to the Audiophile game in general. I am currently looking for some headphones for TV-Movies-Gaming-Music in that order. I love music but I am a driver for a living so most of the time I listen to music is in the car. Looking for a good pair of cans for Home Theater and Amp/DAC as well. I’m looking into the Hifiman HE-400i at the moment but still not sure what to buy. I’ll be scouring these forums for answers but any help is appreciated. Thanks for the add!

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #7,683 of 15,551
Hello i'm joaquin rudel from Argentina i'm 23 years old and i'm very proud to be here :D, i love music equipment, i have a sony str-6055 reciever from the 70s, and a pair of sennheiser hd202 headphones. thanks for the add and have a nice day :wink:

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #7,686 of 15,551
Hello All, just joined. Loving music, mainly rock, blues and some jazz. As equipment I use a Linn streamer as the usual source or an old Linn Sondek for LPs when I have the time for some deeper listening, goes through the Linn integrated built together with the streamer (Majik ds-i) driving Monitor Audio speakers. I use Audioquest cables. As for headphones I only have an old Vivanco, it is on the list to invest to some better one, I am for whatever reason in love with the Sennheiser brand. But now I am first looking for an amp to upgrade my system, maybe a Cary...

Andy

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #7,690 of 15,551
Hello everyone
Nik here, based in London UK
I recently realised that the chances of me owning a high end home system again are very slim so decided to explore the options of improving the sound of my 20 year old Sony CD1700’s.
I stumbled upon these forums and started getting educated !
After extensive reading I decided to snap up a 2nd hand Chord Hugo that I found on Ebay for less than half rrp and life s not been the same since ! The sonic pleasure and improvement were astounding and I ve been losing sleep and staying in a lot more since !
Then after more research I decided to dig deep into my savings and audition some better headphones.
So as of Tuesday I m the happy owner of a new pair of HD800S ... which will probably ruin my social life and chances of an early sleep for the foreseeable future...
The amount of knowledge and information shared in these forums is endless and invaluable so I m glad to be a new member
I ll soon be posting my questions
Thank you all
N

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #7,692 of 15,551
Hi! I've lurked for a long time and decided to sign-up. Lots of useful info here!

My head-fi is HifiMAN HE-400 driven by a recently purchased ifi micro iDSD BL. Also have a MyZIC for my vinyl system.

Mike

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #7,694 of 15,551
Hey guys, i'm a long time home theater and two channel guy that finally decided to get into headphones. I'm currently listening with Mr Speakers Ether C flows and Sennheiser 650's. Looking into getting the HD 800s and better amps and dacs.

Hi there,

Just joined and looking for advice. I have just purchased the BEOplay E8 in ear wireless headphones by B&O. A very nice piece of kit that does what it says on the box. The problem is I have lost the charging case, B&O promised to have them on sale online by March 21st. They missed that deadline and can't tell me when they will have them on sale. The kit is useless without the charging case and the service teams cannot give me an alternative to charge them.
My question is: I see other products with the same type of in ear charging cases and am wondering is the concept the same? 2 prongs to make contact and charge right? So in theory I can use a cheaper charger?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated its very frustrating.
347140-detail9.jpg

Regards,

Paulinmacau

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #7,695 of 15,551
Hello, I just joined this site yesterday and this is my first post. I have been enjoying high end audio since 1974 and headphone audio since about that same time with my first set of phones, the Koss Pro 4AA if I remember the model correctly. I have been reading this site quite a bit lately researching tube options for a recent purchase and decided to join so I could share opinions and suggestions with other members. My modest system is listed below:

HiFiBerry DAC+ running on a Raspberry Pi 2
Schiit Vali 2
Sennheiser HD-580’s (v 3 I believe)

Regards,
ScottMac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back