New Member Introductions thread
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #7,426 of 15,533
sorry it was annoying at first... Seems like it bugged. Glad you can post now and welcome. I really like the Senn 598, but never had the chance to hear the 595 so not sure how close they are to each other. Do you prefer one over the other? I own a pair of HD600 (my gaming/listening/beater can) and I adore it.

Thanks!

I can't really say which I prefer because I haven't used the 595's in a while and have gotten used to the 598's. I am annoyed however with Senn over this graph. Their impedance are way off, granted this is for different cans but I'd imagine similar for others as well https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/1669102.png

I do remember putting on the 598's and everything sounding darker/bloated whatever you want to call it. To me they need equalization badly compared the the 595's which sounded crisp, open and easy to listen to.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #7,427 of 15,533
I can't really say which I prefer because I haven't used the 595's in a while and have gotten used to the 598's

I do remember putting on the 598's and everything sounding darker/bloated whatever you want to call it. To me they need equalization badly compared the the 595's which sounded crisp, open and easy to listen to.
I gotcha! Between the HD600 and the HD650 I felt like the HD650 was too warm compared to the HD600. Gave me the sense of that bloated sound I think your describing. I don't know where I fall, but I know that a ton of people love the HD650... I definitely don't think it sounds bad, I just want a little more crispness is all. Also my pair has the foam taken out, so that makes it a little cleaner sounding at expense of some bass.

Btw I bounce between a ton of headphones in the store and sometimes if its a really bassy can like the Sony MDR-Z1R and I then listen to the HD800 it can make the HD800 sound SUPER thin and boring. Funny how it takes a minute for the brain to forget what it "thinks" sound should sound like. My tastes generally fall in line with slightly warmer then neutral, but I still enjoy a range of headphones for what makes then unique.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #7,428 of 15,533
Hello everyone, my name is Andrey, I'm from Russia.
I love music, I listen to almost everything except rap and Russian pop music)
My main equipment: Hifiman HE400, JVC-FRD60, Plantronics Blackbeat pro, NuForce Be6i, some cheap DAC from Hifimediy (on es9018), ipod Mini (CF-mod 64gb) and a phone. But I like to try new things.

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #7,429 of 15,533
Hello everyone, my name is Andrey, I'm from Russia.
I love music, I listen to almost everything except rap and Russian pop music)
My main equipment: Hifiman HE400, JVC-FRD60, Plantronics Blackbeat pro, NuForce Be6i, some cheap DAC from Hifimediy (on es9018), ipod Mini (CF-mod 64gb) and a phone. But I like to try new things.
Welcome aboard, Andrey!! Real sorry about your wallet... ---)

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #7,431 of 15,533
Hi everyone. I am Steve, and once voted for Bobby Kennedy which certainly dates me. I have lurked for several years, absorbing the information posted here. Until last Xmas, I had one headphone (HD 598) which I sent for repair in December. By the new year, I was an Audiophile wannabe and owned a set of HD650's and just recently a Schiit Jotunheim. The repair ended up with a new set of headphones so with the increase in my personal inventory now I can claim to be a collector. LOL.

I appreciate the valuable input from so many knowledgeable people and your willingness to answer the questions of those of us who are just beginning to enjoy this pastime.

See you around

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #7,432 of 15,533
Welcome aboard, Andrey!! Real sorry about your wallet... ---)
Thank you)
What do you have in mind? Cheap set? But the problem is not in the wallet - I just like it :) (except for DAC). I often buy and sell other things, but this set remains with me. Now I have Audio Zenith PMx2 and Oppo pm-1, but I bought them just for the sake of interest.

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #7,433 of 15,533
Thank you)
What do you have in mind? Cheap set? But the problem is not in the wallet - I just like it :) (except for DAC). I often buy and sell other things, but this set remains with me. Now I have Audio Zenith PMx2 and Oppo pm-1, but I bought them just for the sake of interest.
Au contraire! I am always in favor of spending egregious sums on audio equipment...

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #7,435 of 15,533
Hi,

Usually a vinyl and floor speakers kind of guy. Needed a pair of headphones since my ATH-M50's fell apart. My research often ended up reading threads on Head-Fi.org so why not get an account. :)

Waiting for: FX Audio DAC-X6 + LME49860 & NE5532 Op-amps. Superlux HD669 with Brainwavz pads.

After that, maybe a pair of Fostex T50RP Mk3.

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #7,436 of 15,533
Hi, I’m Angelo, new Head-Fier here from Philadelphia,PA. I listen to mostly goth rock, batcave, post punk, death rock, industrial and EBM as well as other related genres. The majority of my music collection is in CD format with a collection of over 700 CDs in my possession as well as some iTunes files as well. I own several DAPs such as the Fiio X1 generations 1 & 2; I recently received the Hidizs AP60 2nd generation. Most of my headsets are in ear headphones. I currently have in my headphone rotation Dunu Titan 1, Audio-Technica CKS99i, Audiopie BS1 and others. I look forward to joining in the discussion of all things audiophile wise.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #7,437 of 15,533
Hi, I’m Angelo, new Head-Fier here from Philadelphia,PA. I listen to mostly goth rock, batcave, post punk, death rock, industrial and EBM as well as other related genres. The majority of my music collection is in CD format with a collection of over 700 CDs in my possession as well as some iTunes files as well. I own several DAPs such as the Fiio X1 generations 1 & 2; I recently received the Hidizs AP60 2nd generation. Most of my headsets are in ear headphones. I currently have in my headphone rotation Dunu Titan 1, Audio-Technica CKS99i, Audiopie BS1 and others. I look forward to joining in the discussion of all things audiophile wise.
Welcome aboard, @Angelo1985!! You will find a rich and active IEM community here on head-fi. Enjoy!

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #7,440 of 15,533
Hello Everyone,

New Member introducing himself.

I got my first IEM's a month back (Shure SE 535 with lightning cable) and was blown away by the amazing sound quality which led me to researching the high fidelity music and equipment and I ended up on this forum.

I love New Age and classical music. I ordered Fiio x7 ii which is due to be delivered on Monday.

The information posted on Head-fi by its community was very helpful while I was researching on my first DAP.

I am very excited to be a part of Head-fi community and would like to thank all its members for letting me be a part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back