1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Member Introductions thread

First

Back
488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497
499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508
Next

Last
  1. Hoddernity
    Hey all! I'm a filmmaker, but otherwise I'm completely new to this world. I love music, so I don't see why I shouldn't try to enjoy it more. Admittedly I don't know where to start. My headphones are very mediocre to you guys, I'm sure (Panasonic RP-HTX7), and I'm considering starting with a budget DAP like the AGPtek H3.

2. serman005
    Welcome, @Hoddernity!! This is a good place to learn about headphones and DAPs. Have fun!

3. Rinne H.
    Hello All guys :) My surname is Earth. I living in Bangkok, Thailand. now I'm studying at University. I'm interested all about technology
    especially sounds :D
    I'm beginner on this way and I'm just start collecting headphones and DAP and test how it's taste :d
    Nice to meet you all and I hope that we can sharing or receiving experience together :)

4. BizioAlba
    Hey guys! I'm new to the "high-end" headphones world, in fact I only had really cheap headphones and earphones that barely did their job(and with cheap, I mean 20€ maximum). So I'm here to learn and hopefully, one day, to share my knowledge.

5. slugman
    What up head-fi dudes! I've actually been a reader of this forum for many years, although I never actually joined until now. I've considered myself an audiophile for a while, since at least high school in 2000-04. Back then, hard drive space wasn't as plentiful as now, and all of my friends would give me crap for insisting to listen to all of my music in FLAC. :) (And refusing to rip cd's in mp3.)

I've always wanted to get into the glorious word of audiophile cans, but only recently made the jump this last December.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! In the meantime, here is a list of my current equipment:

[Home Setup]
    Slackware 14.2 via USB (PulseAudio) > Topping NX4DSD > Massdrop x AKG K7XX

[Work Setup]
    Android | Win7 > Topping NX4DSD > Massdrop x NuForceEDC

[DAC's]
    Topping NX4DSD (ess9038)
    Sabaj Da2 (ess9018Q2C)

[Amps]
    SMSL T2 Hybrid tube-amp

[IEM's]
    BossHifi B3
    KZ ZS6
    Massdrop x NuForceEDC

[OverEar]
    Massdrop x AKG K7XX
    Sennheiser HD579
    ISK mdh9000
    Sol Republic Master Tracks X3 (my first decent pair of over ears)

[Pulse Audio settings]
    primary-sample-rate 176400
    alternate-sample-rate 192000

[Audio players]
    Linux: Deadbeef
    Windows: Foobar2000
    Android: VLC for streaming files off network (NFS or SAMBA), Foobar2000 for internal storage/ sdcard

6. Electraxation
    Hey all,

I just wanted to say that it feels really great to be back in the community! It's been a long 6 year hiatus and I hope I can now give back as much as this community has given me over the years. I recently moved to Seattle so I'm looking forward to finally attending some of those hi-fi events around the city if they are still going on. If you know of any cool local hi-fi shops and events in the city let me know, I'd love to be a part of the local community as well.

Thanks again for all the help through those years,

- Louis

slugman likes this.
  7. talmadge
    welcome back

8. tin-ear
    My name is Steven.
    This is my first post here. I started off loving music. I got into audio because I knew I could get better sound, and my lousy turntable...and my first Mobile Fidelity LP, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars convinced me.
    I stumbled onto this forum from Schiit Audi and have read Jason Stoddard's "Story of the..." reports. I decided I might want to upgrade by current headphone, and gee, this might be a decent place to look around advice.

the finisher and slugman like this.
  9. talmadge
    Welcome to the forum

the finisher and tin-ear like this.
  10. Brennan D. Gleason
    Hello! I'm Brennan. This _is_ my first post, and I'm only on this thread because it seems unnecessary to start an entirely new thread. I'm still in that smartphone level as of this moment, only because I'm 17 and am having a hard time finding a job. I really hope I can fit in once I get some superior tech in my possession. All I can say is Beats suck, and I use Audio-Technica's ATH-M50xRD (M50x Red Limited Edition). Hope I find that job soon and start really fitting in to this site.

the finisher likes this.
  11. talmadge
    Welcome and good luck finding a job!

the finisher likes this.
  12. Tdeprat
    Hi everyone.

I am just getting into the audiophile world and this seems like a great place to do just that. I kept making google serches that led me to here so I figured I would just cut to the chase and join. I was a fan of earbuds who didn't realize that decent earbuds still existed. My first earbuds were the ones included with my gameboy. Lol. I thought those would be good enough forever. Skipping to today, I enjoy my IEMs but I don't feel safe walking the dogs or driving a bike with the isolation. I've found some great earbud recommendations on here so far.

I want to learn all about DACs and amps now.

Thanks!
    Theresa

13. talmadge
    Welcome. Lots of good information here.

14. BunnyNamedCraig
    I know right?! I am going to do my taxes and I think I may have mentally spent my tax return money already.... You only live once friend.
    The Bobby Kennedy thing made me lol. I love how you opened up your story with that. Welcome aboard!
    There is a really dense thread about metal my one buddy is a huge fan of. Have you checked it out yet? Here's the link if you haven't. Might fit your tastes
    Metal Thread

And from another friend in PA, Welcome aboard :beerchug:
    Music in film is soooo huge. I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy would have been as fun without the music they chose... And in regards to your "mediocre" cans, everyone starts out somewhere. I hope you find what your looking for and have fun in the process.
    The meets are soooo fun. I hope you can find some around your area, or also, just make a meet your self! I threw a couple meets and it was very rewarding. I love when people tell me they had a good time.

Welcome back!
    I hope that you find a job soon. In the meantime enjoy what you have! :beyersmile:

Angelo1985 and vespenegas like this.
  15. tohoho
    Hi everyone.

I'm coming from Japan. I'm interesting in ifi nano ione and I'd like to ask some question about digital filter's behavior.

First

Back
488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497
499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508
Next

Last