New Member Introductions thread
Feb 19, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #7,456 of 15,519
Hey all! I'm a filmmaker, but otherwise I'm completely new to this world. I love music, so I don't see why I shouldn't try to enjoy it more. Admittedly I don't know where to start. My headphones are very mediocre to you guys, I'm sure (Panasonic RP-HTX7), and I'm considering starting with a budget DAP like the AGPtek H3.

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #7,457 of 15,519
Hey all! I'm a filmmaker, but otherwise I'm completely new to this world. I love music, so I don't see why I shouldn't try to enjoy it more. Admittedly I don't know where to start. My headphones are very mediocre to you guys, I'm sure (Panasonic RP-HTX7), and I'm considering starting with a budget DAP like the AGPtek H3.
Welcome, @Hoddernity!! This is a good place to learn about headphones and DAPs. Have fun!

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #7,458 of 15,519
Hello All guys :) My surname is Earth. I living in Bangkok, Thailand. now I'm studying at University. I'm interested all about technology
especially sounds :D
I'm beginner on this way and I'm just start collecting headphones and DAP and test how it's taste :d
Nice to meet you all and I hope that we can sharing or receiving experience together :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #7,459 of 15,519
Hey guys! I'm new to the "high-end" headphones world, in fact I only had really cheap headphones and earphones that barely did their job(and with cheap, I mean 20€ maximum). So I'm here to learn and hopefully, one day, to share my knowledge.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #7,460 of 15,519
What up head-fi dudes! I've actually been a reader of this forum for many years, although I never actually joined until now. I've considered myself an audiophile for a while, since at least high school in 2000-04. Back then, hard drive space wasn't as plentiful as now, and all of my friends would give me crap for insisting to listen to all of my music in FLAC. :) (And refusing to rip cd's in mp3.)

I've always wanted to get into the glorious word of audiophile cans, but only recently made the jump this last December.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! In the meantime, here is a list of my current equipment:

[Home Setup]
Slackware 14.2 via USB (PulseAudio) > Topping NX4DSD > Massdrop x AKG K7XX

[Work Setup]
Android | Win7 > Topping NX4DSD > Massdrop x NuForceEDC

[DAC's]
Topping NX4DSD (ess9038)
Sabaj Da2 (ess9018Q2C)

[Amps]
SMSL T2 Hybrid tube-amp

[IEM's]
BossHifi B3
KZ ZS6
Massdrop x NuForceEDC

[OverEar]
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Sennheiser HD579
ISK mdh9000
Sol Republic Master Tracks X3 (my first decent pair of over ears)

[Pulse Audio settings]
primary-sample-rate 176400
alternate-sample-rate 192000

[Audio players]
Linux: Deadbeef
Windows: Foobar2000
Android: VLC for streaming files off network (NFS or SAMBA), Foobar2000 for internal storage/ sdcard

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #7,461 of 15,519
Hey all,

I just wanted to say that it feels really great to be back in the community! It's been a long 6 year hiatus and I hope I can now give back as much as this community has given me over the years. I recently moved to Seattle so I'm looking forward to finally attending some of those hi-fi events around the city if they are still going on. If you know of any cool local hi-fi shops and events in the city let me know, I'd love to be a part of the local community as well.

Thanks again for all the help through those years,

- Louis

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #7,463 of 15,519
My name is Steven.
This is my first post here. I started off loving music. I got into audio because I knew I could get better sound, and my lousy turntable...and my first Mobile Fidelity LP, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars convinced me.
I stumbled onto this forum from Schiit Audi and have read Jason Stoddard's "Story of the..." reports. I decided I might want to upgrade by current headphone, and gee, this might be a decent place to look around advice.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #7,465 of 15,519
Hello! I'm Brennan. This _is_ my first post, and I'm only on this thread because it seems unnecessary to start an entirely new thread. I'm still in that smartphone level as of this moment, only because I'm 17 and am having a hard time finding a job. I really hope I can fit in once I get some superior tech in my possession. All I can say is Beats suck, and I use Audio-Technica's ATH-M50xRD (M50x Red Limited Edition). Hope I find that job soon and start really fitting in to this site.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #7,467 of 15,519
Hi everyone.

I am just getting into the audiophile world and this seems like a great place to do just that. I kept making google serches that led me to here so I figured I would just cut to the chase and join. I was a fan of earbuds who didn't realize that decent earbuds still existed. My first earbuds were the ones included with my gameboy. Lol. I thought those would be good enough forever. Skipping to today, I enjoy my IEMs but I don't feel safe walking the dogs or driving a bike with the isolation. I've found some great earbud recommendations on here so far.

I want to learn all about DACs and amps now.

Thanks!
Theresa

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #7,469 of 15,519
Howdy all, long time lurker, first time poster. I was tired of having any disposable income at all, so I decided to be an audiophile :) Thanks for all the helpful resources!
I know right?! I am going to do my taxes and I think I may have mentally spent my tax return money already.... You only live once friend.
Hi everyone. I am Steve, and once voted for Bobby Kennedy which certainly dates me. I have lurked for several years, absorbing the information posted here. Until last Xmas, I had one headphone (HD 598) which I sent for repair in December. By the new year, I was an Audiophile wannabe and owned a set of HD650's and just recently a Schiit Jotunheim. The repair ended up with a new set of headphones so with the increase in my personal inventory now I can claim to be a collector. LOL.

I appreciate the valuable input from so many knowledgeable people and your willingness to answer the questions of those of us who are just beginning to enjoy this pastime.

See you around
The Bobby Kennedy thing made me lol. I love how you opened up your story with that. Welcome aboard!
Hi, I’m Angelo, new Head-Fier here from Philadelphia,PA. I listen to mostly goth rock, batcave, post punk, death rock, industrial and EBM as well as other related genres. The majority of my music collection is in CD format with a collection of over 700 CDs in my possession as well as some iTunes files as well. I own several DAPs such as the Fiio X1 generations 1 & 2; I recently received the Hidizs AP60 2nd generation. Most of my headsets are in ear headphones. I currently have in my headphone rotation Dunu Titan 1, Audio-Technica CKS99i, Audiopie BS1 and others. I look forward to joining in the discussion of all things audiophile wise.
There is a really dense thread about metal my one buddy is a huge fan of. Have you checked it out yet? Here's the link if you haven't. Might fit your tastes
Metal Thread

And from another friend in PA, Welcome aboard :beerchug:
Music in film is soooo huge. I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy would have been as fun without the music they chose... And in regards to your "mediocre" cans, everyone starts out somewhere. I hope you find what your looking for and have fun in the process.
Hey all,

I just wanted to say that it feels really great to be back in the community! It's been a long 6 year hiatus and I hope I can now give back as much as this community has given me over the years. I recently moved to Seattle so I'm looking forward to finally attending some of those hi-fi events around the city if they are still going on. If you know of any cool local hi-fi shops and events in the city let me know, I'd love to be a part of the local community as well.

Thanks again for all the help through those years,

- Louis
The meets are soooo fun. I hope you can find some around your area, or also, just make a meet your self! I threw a couple meets and it was very rewarding. I love when people tell me they had a good time.

Welcome back!
Hello! I'm Brennan. This _is_ my first post, and I'm only on this thread because it seems unnecessary to start an entirely new thread. I'm still in that smartphone level as of this moment, only because I'm 17 and am having a hard time finding a job. I really hope I can fit in once I get some superior tech in my possession. All I can say is Beats suck, and I use Audio-Technica's ATH-M50xRD (M50x Red Limited Edition). Hope I find that job soon and start really fitting in to this site.
I hope that you find a job soon. In the meantime enjoy what you have! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back