New Member Introductions thread
Jan 3, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #7,081 of 15,539
Hello there,

Another newbie for 2018 with not much gear or knowledge...

Earbuds:

VE Monk+, Edifier P180, Shozy BK Stardust
Older: Sennheiser MX365, Skullcandy Fix Bud, Sony MDR E535 Fontopia

Phones:
Sennheiser Reference 540, Sony MDRZX110, Koss Porta Pro

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #7,084 of 15,539
First post on this site. I'm primarily a headphone user when doing home listening. My computer of choice is an iMac and my headphones of choice are my trusty Sony MDR-V6 and Sony MDR-7506 headphones (I like them both). I fell in love with these headphones as a teen, in the early 1990s, and that love never really abated. I listen to Apple Lossless files (most of which are 16/44.1, a few 24/44.1)

I came to this site in the hopes of adding a component to my setup; perhaps an headphone amp/DAC combo. I've looked at several for the past little while: HiFiMan EF2C, Foster HP-A3 (and HP-A4, JDS Labs Element, Pro-Ject Head Box S2 Digital, Pro-Ject Head Box S USB, Burson HA-160DS (almost won an eBay auction for this, rather disappointed that I didn't) – among others. As you can see, I'm in that $200-$500 range, I don't want to overspend but I don't want to underspend either. I want to get something that will last me a good long time and hold its worth against newer devices.

Just can't make up my mind. It's a long winter here in Ohio...plenty of time to research. Wish me luck!

:)

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #7,087 of 15,539
Hi there!

New poster, longtime headphone listener. I started this hobby back in the eatly nineties when I bought a pair of AKG K141's. Then I spent several years buying and listening to portable headphones, various Koss and AKG models mainly. A few years ago I got back into full size headphones. In the last couple of years I have owned the following models: NAD HP-50, Beyerdynamic DT990, Fidelio X2, Hifiman HE-400i, audio technica MSR7. Today my main headphones are a pair of audio techninca headphones, ATH-MSR7SE and ATH-A990Z. I have the SE's setup at my workstation connected to a NAD D1050 headphone amp/dac and the 990z's in my living room connected to a Marantz HD-DAC1.

Looking forward to sharing impressions and discussing everything head-fi related.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #7,090 of 15,539
I'm just curious... how do I get my "About author" info to show up? I see lots of users listing their gear/music prefs, etc. below their posts but I'm not certain how to do this? I put some stuff in there but it doesn't seem to show up.

Thanks!

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #7,095 of 15,539
Hi, new member here! I've been following and reading reviews here on Head-Fi for some months now and just discovered today that it has a for sale/trading section, which is why I decided to create an account so I could grab some pretty sweet deals. :)

I'm pretty new to this hobby. I only own a Koss Porta Pro and two sets of Monk Plus -- one Philippine exclusive and red Massdrop exclusive with custom SPC cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back