New Member Introductions thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #7,098 of 15,552
Hey,

I am new to here, so basically just came to say "Hi". :)
Actually I am pretty new in this audio thing, because I am more likely a gamer then an audiophile, but I really like the good audio stuff.

Here is my gear @home:
DAC: Korg DSDAC-100 + Supra USB
AMP: SMSL SAP8 + Linear power supply + Neo D+ XLR
Volume controller: MC2 Little Bear
Studion Speakers: Edifier R1900TII
Headphones#1: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm
Headphones#2: Sennheiser HD650 + custom cable

Here is my gear @work:
DAC: Logilink UA0211 + Audioquest forest USB
Headphones: Meze 99 Classics
Earphones: VE Monk plus

And the next target is the Hifiman HE-400S. I hope I will get it soon. :ksc75smile:

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #7,101 of 15,552
Hey~ guys. I am not new here.. I forgot to say hello. lol

Well..
My name is 'Bigheadfiler'
I am a head-fi gear professional reviewer in South-Korea.
You can find me in instagram as well. @MrOTL

I want to share my experience to you guys(definitely for Big-Heads).

Nice to meet all of yo.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #7,103 of 15,552
Hey everybody. I was never interested in head phones - until I purchased a pair of AKG K701 by accident :).
I don't have a dedicated amp, but I have a Steinberg UR22 audio interface.

I listened and read a lot over the last couple of weeks - and now I want more!

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #7,105 of 15,552
Hi all,
I'm from the Birmingham Alabama area, but travel for work extensively and love good music so I dove in to the headphone realm recently.
Looking forward to gaining some knowledge of what is out there and how to get the most out o the gear I buy.
Just bought a Portaphile Shohin "can" amp (actually haven't even received it yet) and will be looking for some headphones on the less bulky side
to go with it for travel. Feel free to weigh in with recommendations on a good sonic match.

Henry

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #7,106 of 15,552
Hello all! Dennis from the Netherlands here. Came to find some info on affordable portable Headphones for my girlfriend :)
Welcome to Head-Fi, Dennis.
We have other folks from The Netherlands on the forum, including @HumanFly and @Pietro Cozzi Tinin.

Enjoy your music!
RCB

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #7,107 of 15,552
Hi, My name is Scott and I am just entering the world of headphones. I have a long history with hi-fi, and more recently home theater, but in the speakers blazing sense. I recabled an old pair of Sennheiser HD 575 I found and in my search for a replacement cable started reading about all the wonderful variations of headphones, DACs, amps, tubes, etc. Bought a Micca OriGen G2 once I understood what crap I was getting from the laptop headphone jack. That was 2 weeks ago. At last count, I have a new midrange DAC and 2 pairs of Massdrop headphones on order and still can't get enough of the Youtube reviews of all the myriad of choices out there. Going to let my wallet cool off before buying any more stuff.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #7,108 of 15,552
uh-oh, what have I got myself into. Was a casual audiophile but finally bit the bullet and ordered a AKG K712 pro for gaming and movie watching. The past three days I've spent countless of hours researching dacs, amps, portable, desktop and the variety of what's on offer is staggering. Don't think I could have chosen a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back