New Member Introductions thread
Jan 9, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #7,126 of 15,551
Greetings,

This is my first BBS registration in a good many years.
I've seen a lot of good discussion on the forum lately, so I thought this is the time to register.
Been in the hobby a couple of years, not the most outspoken person in the world, but i might try to share from time to time.

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #7,128 of 15,551
Hi there fellow enthusiasts!

Efter getting my second child, a good pair of headphones has risen to the top my "2018-gear-I-need" list, and based on all the great info that I've already found here, I thought that being a member would greatly benefit me.

I currently have an AKG K512 mkII used for playing on my Kawai CA95 digital piano, and else a bunch of nasty sounding earbuds for several different phones, but i hope this is soon to change.

Thanks for allowing me in, and you hrear more from me.

- Thomas

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #7,135 of 15,551
uh-oh, what have I got myself into. Was a casual audiophile but finally bit the bullet and ordered a AKG K712 pro for gaming and movie watching. The past three days I've spent countless of hours researching dacs, amps, portable, desktop and the variety of what's on offer is staggering. Don't think I could have chosen a better place.
Sorry but you are doomed my friend ; )

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #7,136 of 15,551
Jan 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #7,137 of 15,551
Hello all,
I was living happily and contentedly with a Schiit stack (Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber) and a pair of HiFiMan He400i cans for almost two years before I decided to make a big upgrade last summer. Did a lot of research here and in other places before I jumped on a good deal for some LCD-X's and eventually paired those with a Gustard A20H amp/dac unit. I thought I was in good shape with my initial setup but my mind was pretty much blown by the sonic improvements my new rig brought me. Not having heard much high end gear before, all I could do for the first 5 minutes of listening was say "wow" over and over again because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The spark was lit and I've been chasing the dragon ever since!
The dragon is not a subtle mistress to be sure.

Jan 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #7,138 of 15,551
Hi Folks,

Nice to see lots of new people joining this information packed forum regularly. Been enjoying my old Sony MDR-V900s for years and Beyer DT 770s but after much trawling through these forums looks like the wallet will be emptying sometime soon. Anyway new also so hello!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back