New Member Introductions thread
Oct 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #4,291 of 15,526
Hi, my name is Eric from HK.

Currently,
I am using LG G5 with HiFi Plus module + Bose QuietComfort 25 or AKG Y50. (like to keep it light and simple).
At home, I am using TEAC UD-501 + Schiit Lyr 2 + Philips Fidelio X2. (Ultimate goal is to own a Grado headphone someday)

*I used to own iBasso DX90, OPUS#1, AK Jr, Pioneer SE-MHR5, JVC HA-SW01, JVC HA-FXT200.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #4,292 of 15,526
Hi all, my name is Matt from Queensland, Australia.

At the moment I'm enjoying my Vsonic GR07s (classic) but they're starting to fall apart after three years of heavy use. I also have a pair of Audiofly AF56's but they are not pleasant to my ears so are used primarily for podcast listening these days.

I enjoy most music styles but am a sucker for movie scores, Bowie, Queen and local artists.

Looking forward to broadening my headphone knowledge here!

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #4,293 of 15,526
Hey everyone, my name is Tim and I'm from Sydney, Australia. 

I've been a long time lurker, for years in fact, but never created an account. Finally jumped into a set of, what i believed to be, decent headphones a few years ago. I bought a set of Bowers & Wilkins P5's. They served me well until just recently when the left channel died, upon replacing them with series 2 i was left disappointed.

So, the search began for a replacement and i fell into the shallow end of this headphone hobby.. or addiction. I've barely got my feet wet but I'm enjoying what i have experienced so far. 

Cheers.

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #4,294 of 15,526
Hi all name's David.

I've been using my Heaven VI for 3-4 years now. And I love it so freakin' much.

I've been thinking also to use an amp for it or DAC. Still lookin' for what's best for it.

I listen to almost any music genres as long as it sounds good to me. Also, to try and test what music genres are best for the audio apparatus that I am using.

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #4,295 of 15,526

Welcome! I own a Pinnacle P1 & X1 as well, love both to bits. Did you sell off your MA750 and if so..why?

I didn't sell my MA750.  My first pair had cable issues.  The rubber coating started coming off near the connection to the memory wire on one side.  I went through the warranty process to get a new pair.  About a month or so after that, while listening to the new pair, the cable hooked on one of my kitchen drawer knobs and yanked them out of my ear.  When I went to put them back in there wasn't any sound.  My guess is that the connection to either the headphone jack or the iems broke loose inside the wire.  I didn't want to have to go through that process again as I had just got done doing that.

This happened a couple months after the P1s came out, so I went with those instead.  The removable cable is what sold it for me.  Ironically though, I just had to send in my pair of P1s because the cable on the headphone jack side was cutting out the right channel intermittently.  That was just through normal use though, and I've only had them since April.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #4,296 of 15,526
  I have joined the ranks of you crazy, insane people who spend thousands of dollars and then wonder "why the hell exactly am I doing this"  but then the best part is I actually answer myself (there's a clue) and say "cause I LOVE it ".  Got some gear  yep  will list it later when i make my bones here. In the meantime I'll be watching and learning and making a complete fool of myself when i post. Then ya'll can have a good laugh at my newbie expense and kick me to the gutter.  It's ok, i'll dust myself off, get right back up and make a fool of myself many more times in order to be of some use ..... any use to the community. 

LOL.  Will enjoy following your posts.  Welcome.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #4,297 of 15,526
  Hey everyone, my name is Tim and I'm from Sydney, Australia. 

I've been a long time lurker, for years in fact, but never created an account. Finally jumped into a set of, what i believed to be, decent headphones a few years ago. I bought a set of Bowers & Wilkins P5's. They served me well until just recently when the left channel died, upon replacing them with series 2 i was left disappointed.

So, the search began for a replacement and i fell into the shallow end of this headphone hobby.. or addiction. I've barely got my feet wet but I'm enjoying what i have experienced so far. 

Cheers.

Hi and welcome. Enjoy your journey in audio land, I know I am :)

I didn't sell my MA750.  My first pair had cable issues.  The rubber coating started coming off near the connection to the memory wire on one side.  I went through the warranty process to get a new pair.  About a month or so after that, while listening to the new pair, the cable hooked on one of my kitchen drawer knobs and yanked them out of my ear.  When I went to put them back in there wasn't any sound.  My guess is that the connection to either the headphone jack or the iems broke loose inside the wire.  I didn't want to have to go through that process again as I had just got done doing that.

This happened a couple months after the P1s came out, so I went with those instead.  The removable cable is what sold it for me.  Ironically though, I just had to send in my pair of P1s because the cable on the headphone jack side was cutting out the right channel intermittently.  That was just through normal use though, and I've only had them since April.

Ok, kinda glad now I didn't buy an M750i. 

Yup, some early production units of the P1 had that issue. It's all but fixed now. Do yours have a low serial number? I hope you'll get your P1 back real soon.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #4,298 of 15,526

Ok, kinda glad now I didn't buy an M750i. 

Yup, some early production units of the P1 had that issue. It's all but fixed now. Do yours have a low serial number? I hope you'll get your P1 back real soon.

Oh, I absolutely loved my MA750s when they worked!  They have a really fun sound to them that I just loved!  I just got frustrated with them is all.

I'm not sure what serial number I have.  I'll have to check when I get home.

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #4,299 of 15,526
why didn't you contact RHA with the problem. They are a pleasure to deal with from past experience and always go the extra mile.
smile.gif

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #4,300 of 15,526
why didn't you contact RHA with the problem. They are a pleasure to deal with from past experience and always go the extra mile.:smile:

They absolutely are! And they were wonderful to work with the first time. I still have them. They're in my garage, so I may send them in again. It was frustrating because it happened so quickly after I had got the new pair back from them.

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #4,301 of 15,526
Thanks RCbinTN

You're never too old to learn, help folks, or make an ass out of yourself. I've always been very successful at all three <grin>

Mark

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #4,304 of 15,526
Glad to meet you all.

I really enjoy this hobby, and would like to learn and experience headphone systems. My first pair of name brand 'phones were AKGs. They lacked low end presence and that put me off them. I next got Sennheiser 555s and I've used and loved them for years although they show their age. I now have Sennheiser HD558s, HD650s, and the HD700s. Yup i love the sound of Sennheiser.

Oct 6, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #4,305 of 15,526
Howdy all,

My name is Ron and live in Antwerp, Belgium. Have always had a love for music and good reproduction of it's audio. I my quest for a new kind of quality portable player I decided to buy a Fiio X1 second edition. I have used a set of Creative EP-630 in-ear phones and have have had a lot of fun with it. Maybe it is time to step up to a bit higher quality in-ear plugs with the new Fiio X1ii. Will fire some questions about these items on the forum the next days.

See ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back