New Member Introductions thread
Sep 11, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #4,102 of 15,646
Will increasing the bitrate of mp3 songs increase the sound quality?

Hi, welcome.

Firstly, this is a new member introduction thread, not a question only thread.

Secondly, asking multiple individual questions in separate posts may increase your post amount, but could also send you back to zero should a moderator not appreciate your action, since you could have introduced yourself to begin and then included each question you have raised in the same 'single' introduction post.

Thirdly, if you mean by the above question that you have say 128kbs quality now and if you made it into 320kbs quality would the quality increase - NO!

You begin with the lossless quality and downgrade, you can never upgrade because the lossless quality is lost when it becomes lossy (MP3).

I'm sure searching and reading information on "Lossless vs Lossy" will help you understand further :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #4,103 of 15,646
Hi, welcome.

Firstly, this is a new member introduction thread, not a question only thread.

Secondly, asking multiple individual questions in separate posts may increase your post amount, but could also send you back to zero should a moderator not appreciate your action, since you could have introduced yourself to begin and then included each question you have raised in the same 'single' introduction post.

Thirdly, if you mean by the above question that you have say 128kbs quality now and if you made it into 320kbs quality would the quality increase - NO!

You begin with the lossless quality and downgrade, you can never upgrade because the lossless quality is lost when it becomes lossy (MP3).

I'm sure searching and reading information on "Lossless vs Lossy" will help you understand further :)
so if i use fiio x3 with hd 598 will the mp3 songs sound good?

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #4,105 of 15,646
Hi!

Although I am an old guy, I am a total novice to the high end audio world.

I will likely be the author of a number of dumb questions before I start to understand the language, and more about the equipment.

Please be patient, I will learn.

Good to meet you all.

Kindest Regards

USN RMC

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #4,106 of 15,646
Hello, I'm new. I'd like to ask how does the bass do on the AKG K7XX? I just bought one on Massdrop. I just want a good enough bass to outperform my Bose QC20. I just don't want to make the same mistake with my AD700X that I returned.

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #4,107 of 15,646
New member from CT, USA. I have some questions about headphone amps.

1) I use headphones (Audio Technica ATH-900, possibly upgrading to BeyerDynamic T90s) at night to watch movies, t.v., game and listen to music. Mostly in the same room.

Game/movies (blu-rays): PS4
Music: Philips DVP3140
T.V. through the cable box.

All comes through the receiver. Onkyo TX-SR605.

Can I get a headphone amp that would cover all of these inputs? If so, I'm unclear how it connects... to the headphone jack of the receiver?

2) Most amps that I have researched look like they are marketed for use with computers. Unclear why that is/if I am looking at the right products.

I am considering something like this:

https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/objective2-odac-combo-revb/

I'm considering the DAC element because I do have some audible hiss, etc. coming from the receiver.

If you have suggestions for other amps, or amp+dac combos around this price range, I'd love to hear. Not very interested in DIY.

Thanks! Excited to learn from this community.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #4,110 of 15,646
Hi all, lurking for a while. Not new to the audio game, been through some decent Hi-Fi rigs (LS50, 703), acoustic treatments, the works.

Decided to scale down to headphones, had modded HD 558 first which were okay (soooper comfy), picked up some HD600s I had on a Little Dot MK III and I realized headphones could actually be pretty legit, bug has bitten so I'm currently looking at planars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back