New Member Introductions thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #3,451 of 15,525
Hi guys (and girls also)!

I was reading this forum/user reviews for years but, like many others, joined now. The frist impression with this site was when I was looking for a new pair of IEMs back in... 2009? Hell it's long time, almost 7 years!

Thanks to this forum my first pair of (really good) IEMs was the Senn IE 8 which I sold few months ago and, like before, I am reading a lot of threads here and I fall in love with another pair of IEM's again (most probably Trinity Atlas) and not only with them - I have a big To-Buy list of stuff now. :D

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #3,454 of 15,525
Hi,

Long time lurker in here. i'm not an audiophile per se, but i do appreciate a good set of cans.
been reading a lot of articles on these forums, might as well start to participate in some discussions.

after reading many reviews in here, i decided to go with sennie hd598 and akg K7XX along with a aune t1 mk2 dac/amp. Very basic setup.

i mostly play games with this setup and the occasional music + movie.

anyways, just thought to say hi

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #3,457 of 15,525
Hi there to everyone (who reads me). After a lot of browsing I'm deciding to raise my voice at last. I've done that stupid - as every hi-fi dealer I've met has called it - thing again, and I ordered some gear solely on the good opinion of other people (from this forum), i.e. without any prior auditioning. Well, on my own head be it. It's Audio GD C2+DAC19. As I might soon be posting questions to do with AGD (and other things of course) I thought it might be good to introduce myself at some point first, before barging in uninvited on some thread or other. Just a few words about myself. I'm a speaker listener almost as much as I am a headphone one. I am hoping that by acquiring the C2 I have found an amp that can answer my (daily) need for a good pre amp as well as being a great headphone amp (wee hour indulgence). From the DAC19 I expect to get as analogue a sound as I can get for the money that it cost me, or even a bit more than that. But how will the C2 mate with my power amp, is something I won't know until i hook them up. I've a fretful week ahead of me as I wait on my order to arrive. And if don't like what I get, some of you will have a lot to answer for 
smile.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #3,459 of 15,525
Hi, I'm Dave.

I'm not really an audiophile, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm learning though, with the help of all the information Head-Fi, so that's cool!

I do like a decent/good pair of headphones though, as I commute about an 2 to 3 hours round-trip by subway between the South Shore and Boston five days a week, I also travel by plane 40-50 hours per year.

Headphone history: A bunch of sad ear-buds -> Sony XB-500 (lost/stolen) -> SolRepublic V10 (cord broke), Phiaton Chord MS 530 (3 pairs, now distorting bass on right side), and now a pair of Master & Dynamic MW60 (got them at 5pm yesterday).

I haven't seen many reviews on the MW60, but bought them anyway as I love BT headphones, don't want ANC, and needed something solid with good battery life, and good sound when the battery dies. They're pretty good so far!

Mini-reviews:

Sony XB-500: Fun as heck! LOTS of face-mauling bass, and reasonable everything else.

SolRepublic V10: Pretty fun. But not so fun that I wanted to pay $20 for a replacement cord when the original broke.

Phiaton Chord MS 530: Wish they were more durable. QC issues. Great warranty service though! Look sharp!

M&D MW60: I hear things I've never heard before, and "Money for Nothing" gave me chills.

I'm going to go read the glossary now, so that I can sound like I know what I'm doing.

Cheers,
Dave

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #3,463 of 15,525
Greetings from Hong Kong!

My name is Charles. I've been a long time lurker on Head-Fi. I have always had a love for music but I never caught on to the audiophile community until my friend introduced me to bitrates and such. Once I went 320kbps I just fell into the rabbit hole and now I'm awaiting my second CIEM! 

Thinking about getting a DAP (I'm constantly on the move so no desktop set up yet), but I think my wallet needs a break.

I'd like to hear about how you all got into the hobby/community! I've come to realise everyone has their own little story.

See you all around :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #3,464 of 15,525
Hello,

My first headphones were Senhheiser 430 bought in 1988 after much saving in weekly fathers fee.

Those Senn´s served me well until last week when one of those tiny wires connect broke. If some member has one cheap with only one chanell working I would buy them to repair mine for sentimental reasons.

In the meantime, when living in a small flat I Bought Etymotic Resesarch EH4p+S adaptor and, later, Headroom The Static crossfeed processor to connect to my Musical Fidelity X-Can V3.

The sound of the combo never really pleased me that much sounding a bit harsh in my opinion.

Later due to the presence of kids I´ve been thinking of creating 2 separate headphone systems in diferente locations. One with the X-Can and The static and a new pair of open cans. My budget is 500 Euros, but after the chance of hearing hooked to a Copland Valve amp/dac in a local store the Sennheiser HD700, the Akg 701 and 702, the Audioquest Night Hawk and the Hifiman 400s I leaned towards this last one, even without considering its price relative to others, the lower of the lot... I loved the AQ confort and the Senn´s stage. The AKG seems to leave me more indiferente to the music... Any opinions? Suggestions?

Some people say that my XCan v3 with the Sennheiser HD650 as target, so I´d like to hear them before commiting to others. Anyone Knows if that its true. Anyone compared Hd650 with Hifiman 400s? I´m oppened to other suggestions too...

For the other system I have a Sony discman 401 (much loved at the time in some headphone foruns) and I´d like na amp to go with my Etymotics ER4, if possible with crossfeed because I must confess I´m more of a speaker guy... I thought about a Fiio E12 but I wonder which other options the members suggest. Can you share your experience in amping the ETYs ER4? I reckon I lean more towards a  soft-sound and something small sized or even portable would be great...In the future I could improve the CDP. I also don´t use music files - only cd´s (and LP´s via tape out of the preamp).

All help will be most welcome as some of the stuff is very difficult to listen to before buying...

Best regards to all members!

António aka Tox7o7

PS: I´m sorry to re-post, but I had introduced myself out of this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back