New Member Introductions thread
Apr 14, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #3,468 of 15,567
Hi, I'm Lynn & I'm new here.

I joined to follow & chime in on iPod modding threads.

I just modded a 5.5 gen 80 GB iPd with the Tarkan CF adapter & CF to SD adapter. iflash.xzy It all went smoothly.

I'll post details in the iPod modding thread.

Lynn

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #3,469 of 15,567
NO need to start a new thread! Sup guys, found this website while doing research on some new cans, Im a newb to all this, but I wanna gain knowledge in the audio community and what better place than here! Im currently running HD 558s with a sound blaster zx sound card, I know its pretty newbish but I got an awesome deal on the 2, I was so tired of gaming on my old corsair 1500s. Hope to learn a lot here on these forums.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #3,471 of 15,567
Hi All,

I'm shopping for a high quality sounding bluetooth headphone with good bluetooth management functionality so that I can easily (manully) swith between multiple devices..... So far I the best functionality I have found in this regard is with the Bose Soundlink Around Ear II... The functionality is the best I have used! I can easily add a device to memory (upto 8 devices) , then scroll through and connect to any I choose. I currently have 3 devices in memory and rotate between then multiple times throughout the day...

The Bose Soundlink Around Ear II is also a very comfortable headphone. I can comfortably wear it all day!

I'm not convinced of the sound quality. It's acceptable to me but not great as I would like...

So far I have also tried the Plantronics Backbeat Pro, Backbeat Sense, Parrot Zik 2.0 , Sony MDR 10RBT...... The bose is overall the best of these..

I want to find another headphone with the same great bluetooth device management functionality and all day comfort as the Bose Soundlink Around Ear II but with a better quality sound..

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated..

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #3,473 of 15,567
Hello to all!
I have been a reader of this forum for some time...so far my hobby was DIY power amplifiers( different types of chipamps, ss amps and tube amps)  ..I became interested also about headphone and related equipment.
As far as I can see here is enough information and experience to learn from, thank you!

Apr 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #3,475 of 15,567
Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAP, $599.00, American made. Best for the money.

It's a DAC, not a DAP.  A great value/sound for the price, but it doesn't store music.  FWIW.

Prost,
RCB

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #3,477 of 15,567
HI everyone.
Relatively new to portable DAP's ( not Apple related that is ) after discovering this site whilst doing a Google search regarding broken Shure headphone cable.
I now have six driver UM upgraded IEM's, an Astell & Kern Jr and no money:xf_eek: Hoping for plenty of help with the A&K and the useless iRiver!!
Seem a good not UP themselves bunch on here with great honest reviews.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #3,478 of 15,567
Hello all!

I have been reading, researching, and drooling on HeadFi for awhile now. You guys have helped me find some kickass bass cans(JVC HAMR77X) and the juice to push them (FiiO E12). I rock the ATH-M50X for all other music!

beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #3,479 of 15,567
Hello everybody!

This website has been my go to place for impressions and review for audio gear. I am thankful for the contribution and feedback from the community even though everybody bashes on my precious Senheisser HD 700 :frowning2:.

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #3,480 of 15,567
Hey guys!

New here also. I love headphone, and looking after a light and open headphone. I hesitate between the porta pro, px 100 and v-jays.
Do you know wich one has the best soundstage ? 

Thank you ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back