New Member Introductions thread
Oct 17, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #2,432 of 15,526
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the Head-Fi community and to the Hi-Fi world. Music's played a large role in my life since I was a kid and I'm always interested in learning more about it. I first started learning how to play piano and the recorder in Elementary School and also sang in the choir. My first instrument I learned how to play professionally was the Euphonium and I started practicing just a few months before Middle School in preparation for Concert Band where I played for the next three years. I continued Concert Band through High School along with Marching Band and Choir (including my church's choir) for the next four years.

In College, I only had the option to do join Choir as Band wasn't available, except for the Community Band which my older brother plays in. However, I needed my own instrument for it and the Choir course wasn't free either, so I since stopped doing both. I still have the desire to play in the Band but a good Euphonium costs quite a bit. As such, I'm planning on getting one when I land a job in my field in the next 1 or 2 years. 

As for listening to music, I started that in Elementary School like everything else. Because I didn't have my own computer until I graduated High School, I've always listened to what my older brothers listened to, which spanned quite a few genres of EDM and Rock. That is, until 11th grade when my friend shared some music files in our coding class and got me into Drum n Bass which was similar to the music I grew up on. I continued to explore it along with other similar genres well into College where a friend opened up even more options of EDM. Nowadays, I listen to many types of EDM, Rock and Classical.

Until this year, I never really much cared for better quality audio as the gear I had always sounded good enough. However, after going through so many headphones so fast, I grew tired of the usual pay $50 or so and have broken headphones within a year or less routine. The Turtle Beach X12s were the last pair to break on me before I decided to ditch the mic and get a better sounding, more durable headphone. I've actually been considering doing something like this for the last couple years but never had the money to carry it through. After working a couple crummy places in retail, I finally had enough money to build a desktop computer and acquire some nice headphones.

My first pair of high quality headphones were the V-Moda M100s which produced a dramatic improvement in sound quality from the X12s. While they sounded great, the ear pads were too small and thus began my search for the right headphone. After testing another headphone out (which to my dismay was too small and lacked bass), I figured I would be better off getting something that works great for one genre and not the other. So, I got a couple more headphones to try out and each of them have something the other should have to make them perfect. Needless to say, I still haven't found the right headphone but I'm hoping from reading up more in the forums here and making a thread, I can find what works.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #2,433 of 15,526
What's going on Head-fi community?

My name is Omar (Easy5treet). Long time lurker, first time on the forums.
It's been years since I've been on any type of forum, or felt the need to stay on one and contribute. However, when it comes to music (and many things related to it) I can never miss a beat (pun intended).
wink.gif

My search always leads me back to head-fi, and has been for years. I thought it was long overdo to say "thanks" for the wealth of information on this site (it's both a blessing, and a curse). Hopefully I can contribute something back in time.

And once again, thank you.

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2,435 of 15,526
Hello all.
My first post here, but seems i registered back way back in 2009. Crazy.
I'm a music professional and mostly do mastering work and some mixing.
Been using my trusted Beyer DT-250 since 2001.
Got a renewed headphone interest since I have to do more work from home.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,437 of 15,526
I just joined the forum here as I will need some help selecting a good system. I am just about to move from europe to the US and due to severe limitations in transport I can not bring my normal hifi system along. So for my time in Colorado I am looking to get a nice headphone system for my daily dose of music.

I will soon post an extra thread with my questions that are left after studying the forum for quite a while now.

PHILIP

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #2,438 of 15,526
I'm rhyyhm. 
I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now, so I figured that I'd join here.
And what I can say about my hi-fi journey is this: It's been a good, worthwhile, but costly, experience, with an otherwise simple beginning: Sennheiser HD202's & eH350, which, for some reason, the latter is rarely ever talked about...

Oct 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #2,439 of 15,526
Hi Head-Fi ers,

Been reading for awhile... decided to join the forum, this forum certainly has been enriching my music enjoyment.

I've been a music lover since primary school in the 70's... But somehow the Head Fi bug just bit me when I purchased a DAC for my brother birthday, then the it started all again! Hope to chime-in soon.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #2,442 of 15,526
Hi Head-Fi ers,

I come to your forum because I want to participate in chord and Oppo tread.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #2,443 of 15,526
Hi to the head-FI ers, my sound experience starts from a birthday present, Fiio X5 2nd gen and Shure Se214, the sound is good but i know that there are several way to improve it , One thing, sorry for my english and i hope you will apologize If sometimes i will be in trouble , for the moment thanks for the attention and patient

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #2,445 of 15,526
Hi All,

I have been a lurker on the forums for a while , so thought I would join also like many others. Generally been a video guy - video games, photography,video, etc. These days i am starting to really combine them both. It started with a Sony Amp and 5.1 speakers in the man cave, followed by a pair of Sony MDR-EX650 Earphones with Brass Housing for the iPhone - big on podcasts and audiobooks. Now i am looking at audiophile grade cans likely Sennheisers although not entirely sure what model ( the reason I am here).

I posted a question near 24hrs ago but it hasn't been approved yet. Was curious , how long does it normally take? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back