New Member Introductions thread
Oct 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #2,401 of 15,575

Welcome from a fellow 35 year plus retired guy. You will love it, except for the fixed income part. Sounds like we are both in the same place in looking to maximize our now limited purchasing power. My name is Dave and if you would not be offended perhaps we could share info on good deals when we find one we are not planning on taking advantage of. I am currently looking for a good price to get my Beyerdynamic T5P's recalled and also a deal on a iFi micro DAC/amp.My name is Dave and I live in Olympia WA. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #2,402 of 15,575
Hello, Donny here. I just started use this site to check for new headphones. Before that, I was a Koss fan. My first pair of phones are Koss KSC75 which I still keep as backup after nearly 3 to 5 years of usage. I currently have two phones; the Portapros for home use and the TBSE1 with M50 pads for outdoor use and as hearing protection at the arcades (Round One). I also used the Soundblaster E1 as a DAC/AMP because the sound card on my PC broke and the E1 was cheap. My main music player is my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. 

Type of music I listen too? Acoustic, classical, electronic, dance, pop, jpop, doujins, anime music, and video game music.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #2,404 of 15,575
Hi all,

I have been following this forum from time to time. Tried to register a few times, but the registration didnt work.

I am 25, from Denmark. As English isnt my main language, you will see alot of grammar errors :p bear with me :)

I have Sennheiser MM 550-X bluetooth headset.
Have had Monster Turbine Pro Gold which I lost 2 weeks ago :/
..and now looking for a bass heavy in ear monitors :)

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #2,405 of 15,575
Hi everyone. Long time watcher, happy to join the community. Was hoping to dig into some of the great minds here for some purchase advice! Still relatively new to the audiophile scene but happy to learn more

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,406 of 15,575
Hi all, lurker here. I check Head-Fi all the time for a litany of good opinions (and especially good historic content/info/images of rare headphones) to get a feel for headphones before I try them. I'm a musician (mostly noise and industrial type stuff) I live in NYC, and I work at a headphone store in midtown producing video content (member of the trade 
confused_face.gif
 though I don't really feel like it) I don't have a really extensive collection of cans at home (though my M50x and SR80e get more than their fair share of use) but have access to a bunch at work :)

I write, produce, and appear in a series of headphone information/review videos intended for a broader audience--I think that (especially on this site) there are hundreds of quality technical appraisals out there so I try to serve up info in an entertaining and sorta metaphysical way (this is just code for weird, btw) and sometimes I'm a German Audiophile...

Anyway, good to be here and looking forward to meeting more enthusiasts and inevitable flamewars :wink: (maybe a good time for some for ANC?) 

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #2,411 of 15,575
Hello, Thaung Han here. I check Head-Fi everyday. I bought a ATH50x and I'd been using it with my Galaxy S4i9506. Now, I'm looking to buy DAC. But I can't afford to much. Can anyone advices me to buy a dac for ATH50x?

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #2,412 of 15,575
Hi Guys,
I'm the rookie. In here or in the world of hi-fi :)
You can call me Don btw.

Want to upgrade my gear from basic Sennheiser to something else.

I love to hear Andrea Bocelli, Il Divo, Josh Groban, well sort type of music.

Recently I tried Shure SE535.
Its get me the feeling that I'm in concert and they only perform for me. hahaha 

Well, I want to immerse my self and get emotional when hear the song.
You know, the goosebumps and vibrant when they reach high or low note.

Although Shure SE535 already very good for me, any recommendation other that Shure SE535?
Shure 535 was introduced in 2010. I believe there will be lots of gear that beat the 2010's technology.

Appreciate your advice guys!

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #2,414 of 15,575
Hi, I'm new to the audiophile scene...and was wondering if you guys could help me out..
I was looking for a decent pair of iem's under 100$. I mainly listen to rock music...
I like my music clear and crisp with good bass.
I've shortlisted few, (haven't tried any)
1. Sony xba-A1ap
2. Shure se215
3. Jvc ha-fxd80z
4. Klipsch s4 image.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #2,415 of 15,575
Hello everybody!

My name is Philipp, and I'm a big fan of the Sennheiser HD 540/530/560 series. I started out with a worn-out 540 of my dad's years ago, bought a couple 530s over the years and just recently got my first 560 Ovation (non-II, 600 Ohm version). I'm currently having a friend build me an OTL tube headphone amp. Been running my phones through a Technics SU-V7 so far (also a really nice piece of equip). Hope to talk and find out more about all these in the future! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back