New Member Introductions thread
Oct 19, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2,446 of 15,569
Hi there, pretty new as well. Thinking of buying Sony cans and which better place than this to ask for info's?

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #2,449 of 15,569
Hi,

new about here.

I have bought some Micro Seiki MX-2 electrostatic headphones, I knew when I brought them
that they are broken - they have a reputation for decaying of old age - the diaphragms are made
of an unstable polymer.

I am going to replace the diaphragms with 1 micron Mylar, glued with contact cement and doped
with antistatic fluid.

I probably need to speak to the people on the DIY electrostatic headphone forum, but as a newbie
I am only allowed to post here.

Anyone know anything about conductive glue, and by conductive I mean in terms of electrostatic
drivers, so something of the order of 10e7 ohms per square? I am struggling to find any data on
the resistivity of glues on their datasheets.

Thanks for any help,

-Steve

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #2,450 of 15,569
thanks big you too
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #2,453 of 15,569
Hello world ^_^, 

My name is Matt, and yes I use all the smileys. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser hd555 which have served me well for 6 years now. Although, they do rattle now sometimes :frowning2:. However, I recently had the chance to try a pair of AKG K701's which I feel in love with. So now I am looking to pick up one of the various variations of the K series. I love listening to most genres of music. From G-Funk, Hip Hop(In the vein of Nujabes),  Rock(Hurt being on of my favorites), Techo(Not real big on most dubstep, although I do enjoy chillstep), Classical, and everything in-between. Hopefully I will catch some of you around. 

-Cheers 
Matt 

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #2,454 of 15,569
Hello, so I have been been lurking around here for about four years and now finally joining. I got hooked on headphones some years ago when I got a pair of Sennheiser HD419 and have since got the HD558, HD700, Shure se215 and a Fiio E17 with E09K.

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #2,455 of 15,569
Hi all name here is Daz, I found this site whist searching for Ihifi 770c mp3 player. my better half decided to wash my 770c in the washing machine and sadly the screen stoped  working and decided to pop back to ebay to the chaps I brought my first one off, and get a replacment. Now let the fun begin,

Oct 20, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #2,457 of 15,569
Hi All, 
New to putting anything up for all to see/read.
Not an audiophile (not yet at least...there is hope). Used to listen to music on the hifi but now it is the headphones.

Great to have many people who have a similar like/hobby.

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #2,458 of 15,569
Oct 21, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,459 of 15,569
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 *NOISE PROBLEMS, HELP*?

If anyone can help with the answer to my newly find. I am using Note 4 sellphone and I find the aux audio is very bad,especially when watching videos. I get lotion hase/background noise when it's quiet during beginning ofnthentrack or the end itmismvery distinct. I can't believe this. Finally I was happy with my cellphone until this weekend I found this issue. I also tested the same materialism other Note 4 (same thing). Then I tried listening the same material on Sony xperia, Huawei Mate? and onerous 2 cellphones and sound is great. There are obviously no haze and background noise similar to what I get with Note 4.
Also I find that if I use other then 3 or 6 driver iem then everything is fine. I don't hear that noise on over the ear m70x,qc25 then once I use six driver Noble 6 iem I get lot of haze.
Anyone familiarity this issue???

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #2,460 of 15,569
This is my personal experience with Samsung product ,i've tried S3 and note3 , with severall app and different IEM ,not mine only for testing, my conclusions?After a test with iPhone 6 plus i have found the solution the sound is quiet good not comparable to a DAP but honest ,the only problem for iphone is the volume that is low in power ,with my shure SE215 is enough ,if you want you can try a different source and you will be able to hear the difference ,obviously is my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back