New Member Introductions thread
Oct 25, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #2,476 of 15,626
Hi people, 
I'm Jackson and apparently the moderators don't like me cause my first post isn't being approved 
triportsad.gif

I just asked some questions about diy amps and dacs
Not a great start :p 

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,477 of 15,626
Hi I'm new, Doug here, always been a speakers guy rather than a headphone guy so am very new to headfi gear. Need help but don't seem to be able to start a new thread. How long do I have to wait before I can post questions? Thanks!

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #2,478 of 15,626
Hi.  I'm Jim.

This is my first post to this site and forum.

My "screen name" (or whatever it's called these days) is something of a long story, based on the name of a small industrial electronics business I had for many years, and now a new one I started a few years ago.

I was far more into audio back in the '70s and '80s, but have never given up listening.  I'm just not fully up to date on the latest gear due to having too many other work and hobby diversions sucking up most of my time lately.

I'll be asking some stupid newbie questions, but hopefully can also offer some correct technical advice/explanations when I'm able, based on my 35 years of electronics design, troubleshooting, and construction experience.

I joined up tonight because I have a specific question to ask, but I'll save that for another thread if I can't find the answer through searching and browsing here for a while.

Anyhow:  Hi, everyone.

Jim

Jsigmo

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #2,479 of 15,626
Hello!

I joined this forum after hearing many audioheads talk about their gear and especially their headphone setups, and I found that I was going here for DAC reviews and headphone recommendations (thanks for the Koss KSC75 tips!). Been working as part of a Hi-Res Audio label, and got more interrested on my own.

One unique thing that I want to see is more ear-clip phones, I have the Koss KSC75 and will want to do the Kramer and other mods eventually, plus 2 different pairs of Sony earclips for work-outs, and a Panasonic pair I imported (missing the Audio-Technica and Yuin pairs). I do own better cans such as the Sennheiser HD 555 and ATH-m50x but I just really like earclips.

I also run two blogs:
http://www.animehdaudiolist.info/ -I list Anime, Video Game, Vocaloid, and other soundtrack albums that are available to legally buy in at least in CD-Res or even Hi-Res downloads.
http://asoundupgrade.com/ -My personal blog where I talk about audio, anime, and everything in between.

See you all here!
beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #2,481 of 15,626
Hi my name is Nick.

I am relatively new to the audio.  Been very interested ever since a friend introduced me to his headphones. 

I always appreciated well mastered audio and compositions.
I usually listen to instrumentals, classical, and a bit of electronica.

I own two pairs of headphones myself.

My first purchase was the very popular (and kinda still is)  Audio-Technica ATH-M50's.
Not knowing very much about audio in general, I went through recommendations.
Safe to say I was satisfied with my purchase.

After listening to my friend's HD 598's, I knew I had to get a pair of open-backs myself.
Two years after I bought myself a pair of AKG K612 pros and a Fiio E10k amp.
A very unique experience in my opinion with the wide sound stage.

Currently I am looking to expand my arsenal of audio.
But I am limited to just looking a webpages and reviews.
I don't have many stores in my area to test headphones or any audio equipment in general.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys here.
Always nice to talk to people with more experience.
Thanks!

- Nick

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #2,482 of 15,626
Hey everyone!

My name is Kyle Parrish and I'm really into PC gaming. I joined head-fi so I can get some advice on what kind of headset would fit my needs. I just bought a Razer Tiamat 7.1, and I'm really disappointed in the sound quality I'm getting. I'm hoping someone can share some knowledge and help me pick out headphones that are great for both music and games.

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #2,483 of 15,626
Hi Head-Fi community!

I'm a new member but I always read through the forums for great information and reviews. It's awesome how everyone pitches in and continue to support each other.

I'm looking for a new set of cans, so I'm off to research!

Paskii

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #2,484 of 15,626
Hello, my name is K.A and I'm an headphone addict. :)
I have read these forums alot, great info and great community. My setup now for the morning coffey is: my pc running Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing Flac using the Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and the Sennheiser HD-650. I am also into tube amps.. like my old and beloved MF X-Can v2. Got a collection of cans like most of you. Got two pairs of the HD-650 (I broke the first pair and in sadness bought a second pair before the first got back from service... long story), got the HD-600, got the Beyer Dynamics DT-880 and the classic and very dated 8 kilograms worth of a "headphone" KOSS pro 4AA. I have been into headphone for years and they have a sacred place in my home away from the cat.. It's meditation. Right? Just wanted to introduce myself and so that I can write in other threads hopefully too. :) Thanks. // K.A

Since I'm a new member I can't post a picture of my setup but instead here is a dropbox-link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skvcswzba43uq70/2015-10-26%2015.32.30.jpg?dl=0

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #2,485 of 15,626
Not new to hifi. Or headphones.
But I am new to the music played by HD 800, powered by Schiit Lyr2. Marvelous!

Much of the rest of the gear is Linn:
The Lyr's music comes from the Wakonda's Record Out.
LP12/Cirkus/Trampolin2/ItockII/Lyra Delos/Lingo2/Linto
Aktiv Katans/LK85x2
REL B3 Sub Bass
Rotel CD
Rotel tuner

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #2,487 of 15,626
Hello, all and greetings from Detroit, Michigan (from where so much musical talent comes). My primary musical passion is Jazz and am especially drawn to the Avant Garde. However, I enjoy a large range of music including Blues, Funk, R&B, World Music, Indie/Post-Punk Rock and Classical.

The best headphones I have are a pair of Grado SR225. I also have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 noise-cancelling headphones and Sennheiser RS-180 wireless headphones. I used to have a pair of Westone UM1 in-ear monitors, but seem to have lost them, so I'm currently shopping for a new pair of IEMs which brought me here.

I also purchased a pair of Sony wireless headphones (might have been MDRRF985RK) and feel that they were the worst headphones ever manufactured. The sound quality and range were terrible. When I got more than a few feet from the transmitter, I would get these annoying clicks. Also, moving my head at all would cause creaking noises from the cheap construction. I shouldn't have expected too much for the price, but these weren't even worth $5. Because of this and other disappointments with Sony products, I will never purchase a Sony audio product again.

I do photography as a hobby and have photographed many of Detroit's musicians. I don't know if the moderators would consider it spam if I posted a link to my website, but you can get there by adding .com to my screen name.

Thanks for reading,
Juan

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,488 of 15,626
Well, hello there, Sabin, from France.

My beloved Aurvana Live headphones, bought in january 2012, are dying, the sound goes off and on in my right-side headphone.

Various searches showed me that head-fi.org was a nice place in which I could, perhaps, nurture hopes to find advice on how to dismantle those headphones without breaking something, and repair them, if this is in the scope of my abilities.
The same goes for finding videos on how to dismantle headphones such as these ones, I didn't find any but that might be because I even lack the proper search terms to find it.

Good day everyone!

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2,490 of 15,626
What do you think of (easy) jazz in the Grados compared to the other major brands and options? Just curious. :) I have very little experience with Grados, never listened to them at home with my own equipment, only at the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back