New Member Introductions thread
Mar 8, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,381 of 15,584
Hello,

My name is Jack andI really new to the audiophile world but I'm thinking of making an investment in the HD650. I'm a computer engineering student and I have some background in signal processing. So, I was thinking of building my own headphone-amplifier. My friends recommended me this site but he said that it's not very newby friendly. However, I would appreciate if anyone can recommend me to a thread regarding building headphone amplifier. Eventually, I would like to be able to design amplifier myself so I am looking forward to learning.

Cheers!

Look into the Objective 2 and Bottlehead Crack amplifiers. Both of these can be purchased as parts that you can put together.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #1,383 of 15,584
Hello, my name is Tayseer. I love headphones and I love music. Unfortunately, not that many that I'm friends seems to understand why I love headphones.

I've been reading Head-Fi forums for the past 6 months, and now I'm here.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,384 of 15,584
Hello community. I'm Vincent and I'm new here. The main reason I come here is I like enjoying the good sound quality from decent equipment. And the reason for that is in love music. From high school time I ran into rock music but that was ages ago. During college, I pretty much became the kind of guy who is open to all kinds of music. Now I'm basically very much into classical, jazz, post-rock, folk, and rock music.
I've owned a few good equipments before, I can't compare them to those many guys here owns. But they are good enough for me and make me able to enjoy the joy of music with a high sound quality.
About my taste of headphones, I'm not that much a tech guy. I trust my feelings and my ears. And I love balanced sound instead of bass massive attack.
Currently I use the Sennheiser HD555 at home as my main equipment, which I bought about 5 years ago during college. And a few months ago my dear mom put my Beyerdynamic DTX100 into the wash machine and ruined it. So now I use the stock earphone comes with my Sony Xperia Z3 compact. Which isn't quite decent but it's just ok for some daily use.
I just ordered a Havi B3 Pro I, and a Topping NX1. So I guess these are going to be my main daily portable equipments in the next few years.
I chose the Havi due to its recognized sound stage and balanced sound type. And the Topping NX1 would be my first amplifier. I bought it because the Havi seems to be not easy to drive by a smartphone. And I own an iPod (mod with SSD) but it's currently not working. I'm fixing it in the coming weeks.
So I wish I can enjoy some good stay here in the community. And learn useful information from you guys. Thank you.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #1,385 of 15,584
Hello Head-fi people,

nzouF here, french guy living in Indonesia. Hip Hop head.

I found these boards by pure "luck" and i'm glad i did. It helped me finding what i looked for ! I bought a pair of Shure se215 and i love them so far.

Bought some Westone star tips, perfect canal fit and a little bit bassier with these ! I'm now looking for another cable to replace the jumping rope who comes with these iems..

Now it's time for questions, i'll post a thread where i hope i'll get the information i'm looking for !

Cheers,

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #1,387 of 15,584
Hi everyone, you can call me Marsu. I am from the south part of India (South of China). I am a music lover. I am new here and any Audio-Related forum. I would like to have contacts with some guys from my area. I own a Sennheiser HD 201. Guide me.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1,388 of 15,584
Hello People

Audio lover from Australia. Been a reader of Head-Fi forums for a long while, finally signed up.

Cheers

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,390 of 15,584
Hi everyone, David A here.  I've been reading the forums for the better part of 2 years, finally signed up end of last year, just wanted to give back to all those that helped me.  Used to be a speaker person but taking an early retirement and moving into a 1 bedroom condo means not a lot of space for speakers/amps/pre-amps/turntables/etc plus having a girlfriend move in also (biggest lost of space), so started to look into headphones last year and have almost used up half my retirement bonus so far.  While I was still working I was using a HD-455 from 1982 at work and had a Stax SRD-34 (1983?) at home, both are still in great working order, had to change the pads on both a few time.
After retirement in Feb 2014 I started buying headphones, first was HD-202 which sounded worse than what I currently had so stepped up to a M30, MDR-7506 and M50s which lasted for about 3 months.  In July I got my retirement bonus and treated my self to the HE-400, mainly because I had Magnepan MG2-B speakers back in college and really loved the planar sound.  Sold these in 1989 when I got married since there was no space to set them up but kept the other speakers (KEF 103.2 and TYR Rauna), pre-amps (Nakamichi and SAE), amps (Harmon Kardon, SAE, Mark Levinson), turntables (Linn Sondek, Micro Seiki, Denon), tape deck (Nakamichi), mini-disk (sony), 800+ vinyl albums in a storage room.  When I got divorced in 1999 I finally had the time and space again to setup the stereo system and got the new 1.6 Magnepan speakers.  This lasted until 2009 when I let a girlfriend move in, there went my sound room, all the speaker stuff went back into storage again and haven't taken them out since.  With my current girlfriend she wants to move into a large two bedroom (she is well off) but in the mean time I still had a craving for good music so I started to get better headphone equipment over the pass year and a half.

I want to say thanks to all those who have helped make my retirement bonus shrink a lot faster than I would have imagined.  I have about 85% of the headphone gear that I think I will ever want but every time I go reading in a forum I find something else that looks interesting so who knows.  The headphones that I would really like to get (my girlfriend calls them the "bucket phones") are the Stax SR-009 (heard these in Japan a few years ago), LCD-3 and HD-800.  As for DACs or AMPs, still looking for these in these hallowed pages.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,391 of 15,584
Hello Everyone im new here, decided to join it today as im in real need for help and opinions deciding a purchase
im an otaku gamer (what they call in Japan lol) and love music too, sennheiser been my pick for years
also my languages are portuguese/ english, nice to meet you everyone looking forward to talk more to you!

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #1,392 of 15,584
Hi guys, first of all i'd like to thanks to admin for approving me here in head-fi :)

I'm newbie all bout audio gear & stuffs, so i hope i'll get some experiences and sharing in each issues all bout audio stuffs here especially in head-fi forum comunity. I do also accept all positive & negative advises here if it just to makes me improving knowledgement bout audio gears and stuffs :D

Many thanks and god bless you all..

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,393 of 15,584
Afternoon, Head-Fiers!

I had an account long ago, but have lost all access to the e-mail address connected with that account. Oh well. Might as well start fresh anyway.

I've been lurking on-and-off here since around 2008, but my headphone interest recently re-emerged with vehemence, so here I am, signing up. The last time I was here, I was a college student who had very little money to spend on this stuff, so maybe this time will be more productive.

I have a pair of DT770/80 currently, with a pair of AKG K7XX on their way. Of course there're a few pairs of KSC-75s around, too. Gotta have an easy go-to gift for last-minute birthdays, etc. My plan is to try some higher-end Beyers next.

I also just ordered a Schiit stack. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow are a Schiit Magni 2U, Modi 2U, Vali, Wyrd, and Sys. These are my first real headphone amps (I've also never owned any type of tube amp before, hybrid or not) and I'm really excited to hear this stuff!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #1,394 of 15,584
Afternoon, Head-Fiers!

I had an account long ago, but have lost all access to the e-mail address connected with that account. Oh well. Might as well start fresh anyway.

I've been lurking on-and-off here since around 2008, but my headphone interest recently re-emerged with vehemence, so here I am, signing up. The last time I was here, I was a college student who had very little money to spend on this stuff, so maybe this time will be more productive.

I have a pair of DT770/80 currently, with a pair of AKG K7XX on their way. Of course there're a few pairs of KSC-75s around, too. Gotta have an easy go-to gift for last-minute birthdays, etc. My plan is to try some higher-end Beyers next.

I also just ordered a Schiit stack. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow are a Schiit Magni 2U, Modi 2U, Vali, Wyrd, and Sys. These are my first real headphone amps (I've also never owned any type of tube amp before, hybrid or not) and I'm really excited to hear this stuff!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Welcome to head-fi and to Club Schiit. May you headphone rig make you happy and drown out the sobbing lamentations of your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back