New Member Introductions thread
Mar 11, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #1,396 of 15,552
Hello,

I am a new comer as well. I am not an expert on headphones...I just know that my tastes in headphones do not fit with the ones proposed recently... so I am looking for answers or alternative opinions!

Cheers Elena

Mar 11, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,397 of 15,552
Wow! Never realized how large this community is. Glad to be a part of it. The buyer's guide is great. Just ordered the RE-400 because the quote at the end sold me...

"For a less-than-$100 IEM that has SQ that rivals many that are priced twice or thrice as expensive in the upper tier, I think Fang has gotten his point across the IEM world."
-ClieOS
Head-Fi Member/Reviewer

Hope I made the right choice. I'll know for sure in a day or two...

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,398 of 15,552
Hi. I'm Stardust_tea and I love my music (I've played 2 instruments live with bands, and 2 others just for fun). Recently I've been given a pair of really good headphones as a gift and that was my introduction to this world.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,399 of 15,552
Hi. I'm Stardust_tea and I love my music (I've played 2 instruments live with bands, and 2 others just for fun). Recently I've been given a pair of really good headphones as a gift and that was my introduction to this world.

Welcome to head-fi, hope you can find the info you need to be a happy, satisfied audiophile. Depending on the particular headphones you were given, they might sound better through a headphone amp and perhaps a dac. I would look up threads dedicated to your headphone's and go from there.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,400 of 15,552
  Hello,

I am a new comer as well. I am not an expert on headphones...I just know that my tastes in headphones do not fit with the ones proposed recently... so I am looking for answers or alternative opinions!

Cheers Elena

Post what headphone you have and what you don't like about them, and some info on the type of music you like.  Another way would be to do a search on your current headphone, see what members are saying about it, and ask for recommendations based on what you are looking for.
good luck

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #1,401 of 15,552
hello. i finally got round to joining today. total newb to forums. 

i'm becoming addicted to tube/opamp rolling my little dot 1+  just got a muses 02 and a pair of yugo 6hm5's and i'm loving it. 

i recently bought a pair of beyerdynamic dt770 250 ohms and find they work great with my little amp. 

i'm hoping to learn from this site and keep improving my setup.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,402 of 15,552
Seeking audio/visual solutions for Masonic work including conferences.
Not so much in to music unless it is sound under or an occasional entertainer at dinner.

Have several groups requesting wireless systems with 8 mic inputs.

Most pro shops laugh at me when I start mentioning wireless systems.  Hey!  They laughed at the Honda in the 1970's!  And Dick Tracy toys for decades.  Who's laughing now?

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,404 of 15,552
Hi, I'm Barry from HK. I mainly use portable player and earbuds listening to music.
Not have expensive equipment but like to try something new and potentially is good.
Glad to see the peaceful and rational atmosphere in here.
Currently using:
DX90 (with 5000mA battery)
aune m1 (mod with 2 8741DAC,LPF 8820,op amp 8920)
K712Pro
UE SF3
VE Ming Jing (320 Ohm earbuds)

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #1,405 of 15,552
Hello everyone!

Names Harold and I'm here to pick up any and all information in regards to earphones/headphones 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mainly I need to replace my Samsung earphones (came with the phone) as they have now bitten the dust 
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,406 of 15,552
Hi,
This is Yong from China. I actually read this wonderful forum about a decade. It has plenty of useful information and debate as well. Never thought join in as you can get all the information without a membership. Now I decide to be more aggresive to join the family. Hope I can get your support and understand.

Wish we all have a good time here!

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,407 of 15,552
Hi,
This is Yong from China. I actually read this wonderful forum about a decade. It has plenty of useful information and debate as well. Never thought join in as you can get all the information without a membership. Now I decide to be more aggresive to join the family. Hope I can get your support and understand.

Wish we all have a good time here!

Welcome to head-fi, hope you are able find what you need. If you have any questions, please ask. If I can not answer it, I am sure I can point you to the right thread.

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,409 of 15,552
Hi,

I am ZharTheMad.

I just joined Head-Fi as I have been into stereo equipment for a long time and am just getting around to the world of headphones and DAC's.

I recently bought a set up Audio Technica AIT ATH-AD700's that I am very pleased with for their price point. I always have enjoyed finding great products, for great prices.

I have a full written review of a HotAudio DAC WOW compared to one of his handmade wood DAC's. Its based around my listening impressions on my stereo, but i feel that my observations would hold up well when listed to on headphones. If you guys would like, I can post it here and we can have some fun discussions about it!

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this community and participating in the discussions!

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,410 of 15,552
Hello fellow headphones lover!

Glad to be a new member of the community of cool folks.
I am fairly new to headphones, although I've always been a casual Hi-fi person (or mid-fi I guess as I can't afford fancy stuffs).
Currently own Denon DN-HP1000 and V-Moda Crossfade M100, paired with some DIY DAC/Amp that my friend gave me.
Hope to learn and discover cool stuffs.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back