New Member Introductions thread
Mar 14, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #1,411 of 15,551
I just noticed the PM in my Inbox. I suppose I should post here 
blink.gif

My story is pretty simple, if a little long. I heard a co-worker's Sennheiser HD600 headphones back in early 2000s. So I bought my own HD650 in 2003. Unfortunately the amp I used was not a good match with my headphones. I did not stop listening to other headphones though, and my small collection of other phones was pretty well-worn. That's when I found out last year that headphone technology had changed a lot in the 11 years in-between.

So here I am! I enthusiastic about my current setups, but I'm also eager to learn more. I'm particularly eager to better understand amp to speaker relationships - not just for headphones, because I would also like to apply what I learn to my stereo speaker setup where I have had similar amp to speaker pairing issues.

I'm looking forward to a meet up in the DC area in April, where I hope to hear a lot more - both electronics and audio advice.

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #1,412 of 15,551
Hi All

Long time lurker, first-time poster...
My name is Istvan, and I'm new to the whole audiophile thing.
I listen to every types of music, with a little preference for jazz.
My set up is very simple:a Pono player feeding an Audeze LCD-X headphones.

I'm in search of a good amp.

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #1,413 of 15,551
Hi All

Long time lurker, first-time poster...
My name is Istvan, and I'm new to the whole audiophile thing.

I listen to every types of music, with a little preference for jazz.

My set up is very simple:a Pono player feeding an Audeze LCD-X headphones.

I'm in search of a good amp.

Hello Istvan welcome to head-fi. What type of amp do you need? Do you want a portable or do you desire a desktop amp. A good portable amp would be a Fiio E12 or a JDS Labs C5 . And a good desktop could be a Schiit Audio's Asgard 2 or a lyr2 or if you have the money the mighty Ragnarok. Hope you find what you looking for.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,414 of 15,551
New here too and the rules say I gotta post etc. so I'm posting. Not really new to Head-Fi stuff. Just rekindling an old flame. I fell in love/lust w/ headphones at the ripe old age of about 13-14 years old when I used my dad's Koss headphones. I still have them and they work. Big, bulky, uncomfortable to wear all the 1970's headphones had to offer. Well a few miles under my belt and took the dive into tube headphone amps. This site helped me out like crazy, and to know and be able to commiserate ..oooopps.. I mean commune w/ fellow headphone lusters is nice.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #1,415 of 15,551
Hello all! Uncle Dolan here. I wanted to be "Domo" (my handle on Watchuseek) but some other lucky bugger already has it!
Aaaaanywho - been into hi-fi as long as I can remember, headphone wise the current setup is LCD-2s which I've had for 4 years now I think, absolutely great things they are. Normally run off the phones output of a Denon PMA-1510AE (sweeet) or a Pioneer SA-8800 (I don't want to think about it) but I've just gotten a Phonitor 2 and thought I'd join so I can post a review and some pics as I didn't come across much when I was looking to buy one.
Well - I'll see yous all in the equipment forum when the training wheels are off!
Cheers!

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,416 of 15,551
Hello, new poster here. I am wondering when I am able to post in forums such as the sales and trade section. 

Taylor

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,417 of 15,551

Me too.
I am also new here as a member.

But have been visiting the forum for the last 3-4 years almost every day.
It's a great place for information on a very nice hobby.

I registered today because I want to sell something.
But I am unable to post in the for sale section.
Is there a minimum number of posts or minimum subscription time before I can use the for-sale forum?

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,418 of 15,551
Forgot to post here, I'm Taff. Been here for about a week. Was a bit of an audophile freak about 20 years ago when it came to hi-fi but found myself lost when it came to portables.

You guys have me meandering on the right path now, slowly but surely 
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #1,420 of 15,551
Hi All,
Joined up a few hours ago.  I've been following the My DIY ELECTROSTATIC headphones thread for as long as it takes to read end to end and digest some of what I read.  My intention is to build a decent pair of electrostatic head phones. I'm a regular over on the DIY audio forum and have been heavily involved in the passive mechanical linear tracking tone arm development.  Back in the early 1960s I made successful electret microphone capsules using aluminized mylar film and charging the electret in an oven with polarizing potential applied.   Played around with ESL by throwing a window screen on the carpet with a two foot square of aluminized mylar on top of it and tying the conductive side of the mylar to the plate of a 6L6 output tube, and the window screen to ground. Polarizing voltage and audio all on one wire.  The sound was incredible for the time even though it emerged in a pencil thin beam directly over the center of the diaphragm. I fully expect that these crude early experiments will not be repeated and a real fine product will emerge.I am looking forward to participating in this forum. Best regards to all you members whose postings I've been reading for some time now.
BillG 

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #1,421 of 15,551
Mar 16, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,422 of 15,551
Hello guys!

I am a new member here but I was visiting the forum for about 2 years! Thanks to this forum I become an audiophile.

I registered because I am looking to buy more expensive equipment and I need to be sure I spend my money the right way.

Also you are a great community!

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,423 of 15,551
  Hello guys!

I am a new member here but I was visiting the forum for about 2 years! Thanks to this forum I become an audiophile.

I registered because I am looking to buy more expensive equipment and I need to be sure I spend my money the right way.

Also you are a great community!

Hi TheGoldenEars,

Welcome (officially) to Head-Fi!  The first thing that I thought of when reading your username is the Philips Golden Ears Test.  If you (or anyone else) haven't tried it yet, it's worth a try: https://www.goldenears.philips.com/en/introduction.html. 

Again, welcome!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,425 of 15,551

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back