New Member Introductions thread
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,441 of 15,519
If you like EDM, I would look at MrSpeakers Mad DOG Pro's.

Thanks for the reply.

At first I thought you where making a joke about my username :) but then I googled and...

Wow... these cans look fantastic for my EDM need, except for the price tag though xD

I'll have to deal with the WAF on this one.

Thanks for this tip, I'll do some digging into the MrSpeakers lineup on the forum.
Never heard of the brand before, but I'm quite new in the Head-Fi market so lots to learn.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,442 of 15,519

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not up to speed with all the product names yet.

X1 and L1, which brands are those? Or are those the brand names?
I could only think of Fiio X1 but that's probably not what you mean.

HD-400 is a sennheiser I suspect, though I've never really been fond of the Sennheiser sound.
They always thend to give me the feeling that it's actually mediocre products, for higher prices.

Sort of like the whole deal with Bosé. **** quality for premium price.
Now I don't want to insult Sennheiser, or fans of their products with a direct comparison with Bosé, but for me personally they are up there.

V-Moda, I'll look in to their headphone lineup. 
I think I would like closed back headphones mostly, but it's not a real problem if they are open back.

I'll still pick up one of them Grado's down the line for my Rock and Jazz listening then :) Don't mind to swap to different headphones for different genres.

Fidelio X1 & L1 (really cheap on amazon right now)

Sorry, typo, HE-400 is a HIFIMAN planar ($299), needs a good amp to sound good, I can get ok sound from my Fiio X3 but nothing compared to dedicated amps.

V-moda are all closed back, I currently have only the XS (small, portable), my friend has the M-100 (large, over the ear), both known for bass.

The Gardo's are pretty unique IMO, I love listening to them every once in awhile with the right music.

I've found for me that having a few different headphones for various genre of music and if I'm at home or on the go really makes a difference.

PM if you need more info

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #1,443 of 15,519
Sup guys.

I found this place late last year when I was shopping for headphones and thought i'd join after lurking for a while. I used to use ear-buds a lot but had transitioned to over-ear headphones, with 1 pair of on-ears as a spare.

I'm a casual fan of headphones at best, but I appreciate good sound quality when I hear it.

In terms of music, I prefer to listen to EDM, Jazz, Hip Hop, Dubstep, Funk, Rock, and once and a while, Death Metal.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,444 of 15,519
​Hello, I'm new.

Yes I am new and Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the head-fi. I'm an author and reader. Not much else to say really. Look forward to interacting with everyone. (",

wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,446 of 15,519
Hi, Alastair here. Just decided to join up on the site as I'm looking to upgrade to a higher headphone. I currently use my Sennheiser HD449 out of my Ipod Classic, but I'm looking at getting something a bit better soon. I listen to electronic, mainstream pop and kpop - so mostly modern contemporary genres. 

Pleased to meet you all. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,447 of 15,519
Hi everyone. Blane here. I've been reading this forum for a few years now and but today I decided to join. I feel I have enough experience now to contribute to the forum. Im an iem junkie. I love all headphones but iems have a special place in my heart. All i need are some good iems and a portable player and i know all will be well. My current fav iem is the Yamaha EPH 100, followed by the RBH EP1. My favorite genre is trance and progressive house....i tend to stick to electronic sounds. I also produce trance and have tracks that I produced signed to trance record labels. Its safe to say I'm obsessed with sound and sound design and I hope to learn more, and I hope I can contribute to this forum. Glad to be a part of. Thanks...

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #1,448 of 15,519
Hello to all!

I have been lurking the site for some time now and I finally decided join. I first became interested in hifi headphones sometime in my teens when my parents got me a beats studios as a gift. They were better than anything I had at the time so I was quite happy with them, but started to wonder how they fared when compared with other similarly priced headphones. I quickly learned of the better options out there but my funds were more video game focused, so I felt fine with just the beats. Some years later I finally decided to seriously look into investing in better headphones and with some influence from this very site, I purchased the HE-400. That purchase is what really got me into HiFi audio gear, and over the years I have made various purchases to improve my experience with music. I now own a BifrostUber+Lyr 2 stack and just recently purchased a HE-500 to go with them.

So that's my little story I thought I should share since this site and its frequenters have influenced some of my purchases over the years. I'm actually not someone who posts often in any sort of forum, but the people here seem welcoming enough. Maybe I will actually contribute every now and then. :p

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,450 of 15,519
Hi guys, new to here.

i am a STAX lover.....

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #1,451 of 15,519
Hey guys, I've been lurking on head-fi for a few years but haven't made an account until now. In the past I've picked up a Nuforce NE-6, Samson SR-850, and Asus Xonar DG due to reviews I've read on here (and also due to my budget). Currently looking into getting a new IEM since my NE-6 is about to die on me. As for music, I listen to a variety of different stuff, it just depends on the mood I'm in.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #1,453 of 15,519
Need 15 posts for selling me SE535 so lol.
Currently own T1 and DT880, using lyr2 and modi 2u.

Sound of K701 is really special...

Where do you reside? (I saw your other thread about wanting recommendations) If you live anywhere near Los Angeles or don't mind traveling, CanJam, at the Westin South Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA is on the 28th and 29th of this month. You would be able to listen to a plethora of headphones, IEMs, DAC/Amps, and much more from a lot of exhibitors. Here's the link to find out more: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741136/canjam-socal-2015-march-28-29-2015-its-official.

Hope to see you there if you can make it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back