New Member Introductions thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,351 of 15,646
I've been using headphones to mix records for a couple decades, but haven't taken sound all that seriously.

I found this place when I was replacing my gym IEMs (got ATH CKM-500i, which have served well). Now I'm going to mine this site for ways to tune up my beat-up Pioneer HDJ-2000s. Maybe once I've got those all fixed up, I'll be done. Or, maybe I'll have discovered a cripplingly expensive new hobby/compulsion. Time will tell.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,352 of 15,646
Hi Group! My name is Paul, I'm a vinyl addict and just discovered this forum.
Was looking for info on iFi equipment. Looking forward to discover what you are all talking about.
Found already some love for tube amplifiers. My next project :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,353 of 15,646
I'm lafeuill, which is french for 'the leaf'.

This nickname has stuck to me ever since I skydive, because I'm very light and my friends all fall like rocks compared to me ^_^;

When I was a kid, portable audio was a medecine for me every time I travelled by car. No sickness listening to the Beatles, the Police, Johnny Clegg & Savuka...

I'm amazed at the way portable gear has improved since then !

My current daily source of joy :

Astell&Kern AK100II dap
|
Forza Audioworks Claire balanced interconnect
|
Ray Samuels Audio F-35 'The Lightning' amplifier
|
Whiplash TWag / TWcu v3 hybrid 8-braid balanced cable
|
Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro ciems

Also lying around : Ultrasone Pro 750, Sennheiser HD-25-1-II, Fiio E12, Galaxy Note 3 with Neutron.

I'm open to any musical genre, if it sounds good I like it.

A few references : Tipper / Amon Tobin / Indian classical music (Hindustani & Carnatic) / Japanese drums, koto & shakuhachi / kora from Mali / the Harmonic Choir / Arvo Pärt / Vor der Flut / Deftones / Gojira / Korn / Goldfrapp / Hendrix / Jordi Savall / Kate Bush / Masada (John Zorn) / Massive Attack / Munir Bachir / Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan / Paco de Lucia / Tool / Ry Cooder...

You get the idea :wink:

Big thanks to all the good people here helping one another !!

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,354 of 15,646
Hello everybody,

My name is Andy and i have been lurking here for a while now.

I gotta say that after reading these forums i decided to go out and get myself an AK 120, after 5 ipods i had to say goodbye to Apple and am not sad in the least about that...Now onwards to finding some nice headphones to go with this new little amazing player and who knows what else i am in for now...

Thanks for and to all the ppl here who debate the merits and point out some very detailed features of this realm of HIFI.
As i am new to this latest generation of HI end portables and high end Headphones i am sure i am in trouble all over again like when i started building my first stereo...That said... on with the show!

A

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #1,355 of 15,646
Hello !! new to here, I was a fan of sony but now I want to know about other brands.
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,356 of 15,646
Hello,

The short version - My name is Jason and I'm trying to be a more active member of the Head-Fi community so other members don't turn their nose up at my offers on FS/FT.  Why not start with the introduction thread?

The long version - Jason here.  I’ve only been into headphones as a hobby for about a year, but I’ve been a quality sound guy my whole life, as far as my budget at any one time allowed.  The hobby part started with r/headphones leading me to purchase an Asgard and HE400 second-hand on eBay.  I was immediately blown away with how much better they sounded than any other headphones I've ever used.  Then last August I joined Head-Fi to contact a member about HD600s I saw on FS/FT as I wanted to hear more and grow my collection.

Since August I’ve been reading threads and doing general research into this hobby.  Being new and only having a couple of the most popular cans I feel like there’s only so much I can add to the conversation, especially on epic threads like HE400's and HD600's.  I hate to be the guy that posts things that have already been covered or asks questions that can be researched on my own.  And my current breadth of knowledge just isn’t up to snuff for me to be insightful, so discussing driver manufacturing processes and other technicalities is beyond me at the moment.  I just like to listen.  But the more I listen/read the more I learn, and I don’t think that precludes me from appreciating and enjoying the fun of chasing new sounds.  Maybe I'll have something worthwhile to say soon.

Anyways, I recently contacted a member about their posting in FS/FT, ready to buy and add a new member to the family, but I was rebuked because I did not meet the seller's standards, as I am not "a long standing member with great repute."  
confused.gif
  The only other offer for those headphones that I currently see in FS/FT are modded and I’d prefer un-modded ones to start.  So if the only way to convince strangers on the internet my money is worthwhile is by posting more then so be it.

It's just a little ridiculous.  I'm in sales and if I chose not to exchange products for money because I didn't like or know or respect a customer I'd be out on my *****.  (Can we swear here?)  I know FS/FT isn't a profession or for a for-profit endeavor, but if I wanted to sell something and someone offered to buy it... sold.  Sorry for the rant and what I'm sure is not a great first impression.  I look forward to getting to know all of you intimately and proving my repute is great.

Love,

Jason

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #1,357 of 15,646
I'm Alan, I'm not new but a recent bunch of purchases have me back here more often. I'm a grad student, studying Jazz, and am obsessed with acoustics. I take my spectrograph out way much to be normal, and love trying to describe sounds with precision.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #1,361 of 15,646
Hey, guys. My name is Mark and I live in the Houston area. I am a home theater and stereo enthusiast for several years since I started working at Tweeter back in 2003. Since then I have built up a nice home theater setup in my media room. I have never had much exposure to high end headphones since I have always listened to my loudpseakers at home and have always used earbuds with my portable devices. I currently own on Oppo BDP-105 which plays like a champ, so the Oppo line of headphones have drawn some interest for me. I typically listen to my earbuds for 8+ hours a day at work, so the idea of investing in some nicer phones has been growing on me recently. Hopefully I can make a purchase sometime soon.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,362 of 15,646
Hi guys my name is Giray and im following this forum for a long time.

Greetings from Turkey:)
hifi shops are very limited in here and there are almost no headphone hifi shops, mostly speaker. i wish i wasnt living in a third world country.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #1,364 of 15,646
  I've been told this is a site for marketers to push certain brands over others and you get banned for speaking freely
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice intro. Intended to make friends and influence people??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back