New Member Introductions thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,336 of 15,646
I have audiotechnica ath mk700pro2,ath iem im70 which I think best iem I ever used in my life and a tekfusion twinwoofer sony xba which I use with my fiio e17 and I recently bought an fiio x1 which is quite excellent too

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #1,337 of 15,646
Hi all!

I'm Sebastian, from Sweden.

I've just recently discovered the glorious world of headphones. Previously I've been a sucker for hard rock and metal. But listening to high-end headphones has made me realize there is so much more music out there than metal. 
Hell I hardly listen to metal at all any longer because recordings are often not that great when compared to other genres.

Anyway, I hope to learn a great deal about headphones, sources and amps and I have understood that this is the place to be if wanting to do that.

Also I think that the buy/sell section is excellent as there is no equivalent of this caliber in my country.

Thanks for the word!

Cheers!

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #1,338 of 15,646
Hi everyone,

I'm Richard from France. I recently discovered head-fi when looking for good/cheap Chinese earphones as my studies in China are coming to an end and I want to bring some goodies home. :)

I recently bought a Fiio X1 and Holy Serpent v9 and has previously bought the Xiaomi pistons (2 of them, both failed within the year...).

I'll try to help out those who want to retrieve info from the obscure Chinese internet and master the powerful and dangerous weapon that is taobao :p

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,340 of 15,646
New guy from Albuquerque, NM, USA. Name is Jeremiah. Coming for information as many do, and hoping not to leave with a new expensive addiction!

Welcome to head-fi, I hope you find a great set of headphones, that will put a smile on your face and drown out the sobbing lamentations of your soon to be emptied wallet.
P.s I have not been in Albuquerque in years, hope the city is doing well.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,341 of 15,646
Hi everybody,
I'm Flavio from Italy, just discovered this wonderful forum and I joined to find as much information and advice as possible.

I own DT990 250omhs headphones, connected to the last Xonar Phoebus but it's not enough, indeed I'm looking for comparative of portable player that could be used also as a desktop DAC (like AK240 or Fiio X5) with or without a good amp.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #1,343 of 15,646
Greetings from the Philippines!

I'm TJ and I'm new here as a member although I've been visiting this site for almost 4 years now to view reviews and recommendations re: everything audio. I should've done this before and joined the group. But it's never too late so here I am.

I'm not really an audiophile and consider myself less than a noob actually. I know I still have tons of stuff to learn in this field of hi-fi audio so good luck to me! I'm a physician by profession and willing to learn all about electronics, circuitry, Etc.

My current rig now: ipod classic 160gb / mac book pro (using vox for flacs) lined out to fiio e17, lined out to little dot mkii at home or straight to grado sr325e or sometimes superlux hd668b :D

I'm also a car audio enthusiast (SQ) and a member of DIY audio but that's another story. I also love vinyls and home audio setup (beginner level). Well that's about it! I hope to learn more and looking forward to also contributing to this community.

Cheers!

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #1,344 of 15,646
Greetings from the Philippines!

I'm TJ and I'm new here as a member although I've been visiting this site for almost 4 years now to view reviews and recommendations re: everything audio. I should've done this before and joined the group. But it's never too late so here I am.

I'm not really an audiophile and consider myself less than a noob actually. I know I still have tons of stuff to learn in this field of hi-fi audio so good luck to me! I'm a physician by profession and willing to learn all about electronics, circuitry, Etc.

My current rig now: ipod classic 160gb / mac book pro (using vox for flacs) lined out to fiio e17, lined out to little dot mkii at home or straight to grado sr325e or sometimes superlux hd668b :D

I'm also a car audio enthusiast (SQ) and a member of DIY audio but that's another story. I also love vinyls and home audio setup (beginner level). Well that's about it! I hope to learn more and looking forward to also contributing to this community.

Cheers!

Welcome to head-fi, hope you find all that you need to be happy. What part of the Philippines are you from. I spent a year in Los Banos, on Luzon., in 1980. I really enjoyed my stay there, ever so beautiful, never saw so many different hues of green before.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,345 of 15,646
Welcome to head-fi, hope you find all that you need to be happy. What part of the Philippines are you from. I spent a year in Los Banos, on Luzon., in 1980. I really enjoyed my stay there, ever so beautiful, never saw so many different hues of green before.

Hi reddog! I'm from manila, wow los baños! My family and I go there before for their hot springs and also buko (coconut) pie :D glad you enjoyed your stay here and for appreciating our beautiful country. 1980 was the year I was born Hehehe

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,346 of 15,646
Hi reddog! I'm from manila, wow los baños! My family and I go there before for their hot springs and also buko (coconut) pie :D glad you enjoyed your stay here and for appreciating our beautiful country. 1980 was the year I was born Hehehe

Yes the buko pie was wonderful as we're the hot springs.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,348 of 15,646
You should come visit again here :D after 25 years... hehehe

I plan on it sometime. I would do so now but I am watching over my frail mother. There are several places I would like to visit.again, from Bogio and Banaui, to the school, In nManila, I went to.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #1,350 of 15,646
Just joined today. Im from Kuwait, hope to learn more from this community

Welcome to head-fi, hope you find a pair of headphones to put a smile on your face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back