New Member Introductions thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #768 of 15,590
Welcome to the community guys 
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #769 of 15,590
I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on portable bluetooth headphone amplifiers to power my JBL Sychros E40BT headphones to incease the volume on my Samsung gallexy note 2. Working with power tools alot has affected my hearing I would like to incease my volume without breaking the bank. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Preacher Forest

Nov 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #770 of 15,590
Hey guys I'm Robun. I'm very new to the audio scene but I can already sense I am becoming addicted. I have been lurking forever and decided I really needed to make an account so here I am. My current gear is as follows:

Sennheiser 558
Audio-Technica M50x
KZ EDSE
KZ GR
Schiit Magni+Modi

Hope to see you guys around the forums!

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #771 of 15,590
Hey audio folks,

I've been lurking here for a few months, and recently bought Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears, which I am enjoying immensely! I finally joined head-fi to get some advice and share in my new obsession!

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #772 of 15,590
Hey everyone!

I have lurked this forum for over two years now.  I was looking at a pair of Audeze LCD-2's back then.  Ever since then I have been combing through the thread looking to get into high end audio.

So, I finally made the plunge!  I finally bought those LCD-2's and I have now paired them with the Schiit modi -> lyr.
Currently listening to a song called Thrill of the Fall by The Reign of Kindo....and let me just say it sounds amazing.  Its like hearing the song all over again for the first time.  There are parts to the song I never really heard or were hard to pick out.

If you are looking for some super talented musicians that play heavily jazz influenced music you should check them out! 

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #773 of 15,590
Hello all,
Like most people it seems like I have been lurking here for months before actually joining.
I am not that much of an audiophile. I use headphones mostly for gaming and watching movies on a laptop. I was drawn here because my MDR-NC60s have finally given up the ghost, a hp which has been universally slammed on here :wink:, but worked wonders canceling out the noise of a semi.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on a set of Mad Dogs after reading WAY more HP reviews and appreciation threads than I want to think about, and decided I should probably join this wonderful community in case I have any questions or problems.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #774 of 15,590
Hi guys, I'm a total newbie & recently just bought my very first wired headphone! Hope to learn more from all the Gurus here. My poor wallet is going to be sucked dry for sure. Too much poisons in here lol :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #775 of 15,590
Howdy all.

I've dabbled in the headphone scene previously, having owned a Shure 440. Now, I'm in the market for something else and I hope I find the right advice!

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #776 of 15,590
Hi folks!  Been a lurker for a few days, but I must say, you all opened my eyes to portable audio.

Came here after losing my iPod Classic on a plane and realized I couldn't buy them anymore.  Ended up snagging an X3 and received it today.  What a difference in sound!

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction (even if no one knew it)!  I'll try to contribute as I learn more about audio and headphones.

- Kleeberg

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #778 of 15,590
Sup bros. Kiwi here and long time lurker of head fi/ r/headphones and owner of an audiotechnica a900x and a fiio e10k. Always looking to upgrade like everyone else here haha, will probably grab a k612 next. Or k712.....

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #779 of 15,590
:O well I can post an image of mine if that helps, I tried fixing them ages ago. I plugged them in and the right one works, But the left one sounds like it has no bass. Like the sound is there, but zero bass. And the right side had no vocals. Might have been the song though. Already glad I signed up here.

Hi all,
I've got the iem aluminum Fighter by Ubsound and really happy about them honestly.
After around 30 hours of burn-in (even though the user guide say just 15) the sound became full and complete.
Which means, in my humble opinion, a really v-shaped acustic signature.
Textured, powerful and rounded bass, warm and a bit backwarded mids, and clean & clear highs.
I like them so much compared to their price of around 70$ in Europe.
The flat-wire is nice and tangle-free, which is good in my pockets on a daily basis.
I have the aluminum ergal blue color... so with the black color of eartips I achieved the back&blue of my football favourite club Inter :D

Also, looking at their Ubsound official website http://www.ubsound.com it seems they are launching a new additional model "Ubsound Smarter" which cost just 39$... really not bad if the sound is similar to the Fighter series.
Take care

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #780 of 15,590
Hi all, been lurking here over the years and reading reviews mainly and since buying a Jolida dac with headphone out it's made me compare it with my other dac/headphone amp of the Chinese variety . As the Jolida dac has only a 3.5mm socket and my Grado 325's are 6.3mm I had to use my B & O A8 to try it out. I have since bought a 3.5mm extension cable and 6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor. I also have been looking at buying some other headphones, in the meantime I read about mods for the 325's and trimmed the ear cushions a bit flatter and found them fuller in the bass and more comfortable, however I still find the foam itchy and irritating after a short time. So here it is the first question, where can I get some leather ear cushions to fit the Grado's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back