New Member Introductions thread
Nov 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #751 of 15,649
New member, Ive lurked here for a few months reading threads on Diy stuff for headphones. Signed up to see if anyone could help me out, I have a pair of Sennheiser IE7 earbuds and the cable got destroyed essentially. I want to re wire them if possible. I would like to make my own cable for it but I dont know what I need, How much it will cost, If I can even DO that with these earbuds, and how to do it. 

Any help would be appreciated. And thanks for reading :D

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #752 of 15,649
The IE7 has a detachable cable, So YES it is possible to re cable them :)

Hit @Toxic Cables, @cCasper TFG , Or ForzaAudioWorks up on here and Im sure you'll get all the advice and parts you need, Otherwise they'll make you a really good cable at a great price :)

And welcome to Head-Fi! :)

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #753 of 15,649
  The IE7 has a detachable cable, So YES it is possible to re cable them :)

Hit @Toxic Cables, @cCasper TFG , Or ForzaAudioWorks up on here and Im sure you'll get all the advice and parts you need, Otherwise they'll make you a really good cable at a great price :)

And welcome to Head-Fi! :)

They do? :| 
I may have knock offs xD
Or I just dont know how to remove them.  *edit* yeah I cant get them to come out.. :/ Is there a way to know if theyre fake or something? 

But I do wanna make custom cables still :D so I will send them a message.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #754 of 15,649
  Hello,
I'm Paolo from Italy.

Few weeks ago I "discovered" head-fi.org...
really really interesting topics, a lot of informations, great passion from all users, so much to learn!

bye

Welcome to Head-fi Paolo! 
beerchug.gif

What's your take on the Italian Ubsound Fighter?

They do? :| 
I may have knock offs xD
Or I just dont know how to remove them.  *edit* yeah I cant get them to come out.. :/ Is there a way to know if theyre fake or something? 

But I do wanna make custom cables still :D so I will send them a message.

Hmm... I thought the IE7 did not have detachable cables unlike the IE8. Are you sure @Paul Graham 
@Paul Graham
Either way, recabling is possible.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #755 of 15,649
  Welcome to Head-fi Paolo! 
beerchug.gif

What's your take on the Italian Ubsound Fighter?

Hmm... I thought the IE7 did not have detachable cables unlike the IE8. Are you sure @Paul Graham 
@Paul Graham
Either way, recabling is possible.

:O well I can post an image of mine if that helps, I tried fixing them ages ago. I plugged them in and the right one works, But the left one sounds like it has no bass. Like the sound is there, but zero bass. And the right side had no vocals. Might have been the song though. Already glad I signed up here.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #757 of 15,649
  :O well I can post an image of mine if that helps, I tried fixing them ages ago. I plugged them in and the right one works, But the left one sounds like it has no bass. Like the sound is there, but zero bass. And the right side had no vocals. Might have been the song though. Already glad I signed up here.

Does the sound ever cut out?. Sounds like the cable is frayed. Can't be certain though.

You could also consider "Vesper audio" (based in Europe) for recabling. People have reported good service quality. Shoot them a mail with the details, they should be able to advice you.
I think they can convert fixed cables to detachable.

Ph...and welcome to Head-fi. You'll enjoy your stay. 
etysmile.gif

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #758 of 15,649
  Does the sound ever cut out?. Sounds like the cable is frayed. Can't be certain though.

You could also consider "Vesper audio" (based in Europe) for recabling. People have reported good service quality. Shoot them a mail with the details, they should be able to advice you.
I think they can convert fixed cables to detachable.

Ph...and welcome to Head-fi. You'll enjoy your stay. 
etysmile.gif

I dont have the means to ship them out for that, thats why Id rather figure it out and do it myself.. >.> 
No offense to those companies im sure they do fine work.. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #760 of 15,649
  Hello everybody! Watched certain topics here for about a year, and now have some material and knowledge to share. Sad about 40 posts for ability of posting images.

Welcome, DanMar (and everyone)!  I was a little frazzled about the posting rule before you can post images as well, but they do that to thwart spammers signing up and being able to immediately post images for no reason.  Plus, it allows you to post on any topic you may come to like.  It's kind of like the silent 'push' to get out there and let your voice (or virtual ink in this case ) be heard (seen).  If you have any questions about anything, that will help your post count, so you will be able to post images, video links, etc. in no time!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #763 of 15,649
  Hello, I am a new guy here. I love classic music. My favorite is J.S. Bach, Beethoven, Rachmaninov, Mahler etc.
Because I am very busy in work, lot of business trip, I have to use portable DAP and headphone.

My DAP is Lotoo PAW Gold, just looking for an in-ear.

Welcome to Head-Fi ! 
beerchug.gif

That is a monster of a DAP you have there. 
Dive right into the portable forums here

The Multi-IEM by ljokerl is a good place to start.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-328-iems-compared-lear-luf-4f-luf-4b-luf-4c-added-11-07-14-p-994

hi, i'm Jackson and i am new to this site. well, literally cuz i just register myself, but being 'stalking' in this site for a year now. Still a newbie in this audio stuff. Nice to meet you all. Cheers. XD

Welcome to Head-fi Jackson! 
beerchug.gif

We were all lurkers once. But once you get involved in the discussions it's a totally new and enjoyable experience.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #764 of 15,649
Hello all! 

Been lurking around for a long while now, finally made an account. 

I have used this forum to check out multiple headphones before I bought/suggest them. 
Currently using the lovely Sennheiser HD598 (got them on an amazing deal) with a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty.  
Can't wait till i'm able to upgrade to a nice AMP/DAC. Schiit! 

Thanks for all the helpful insight everyone. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #765 of 15,649
Hello. Apparently giving Head-Fi a once-over is enough to turn oneself over "to the dark" side... I came here a few months ago to ask a question or two.. read a couple of articles, did a bit of research... I've been lurking ever since, but now the headphone fly seems to have made another bite :wink:

Now I own 6 pairs of (in my opinion) decent to excellent headphones, two portable headphones AMPs and three desktop DAC/AMP combos.. :p (I'm also a cheapskate on top of being poor, so everything is budget, but imo good enough for me.) (and of course a heap and a pile of not-so-great cheap headphones.)

To be fair, I've always been a bit of an audio enthusiast and would've probably bought a pair of decent headphones even without Head-Fi, but probably not five :D Depends on how you look at it, you guys here are either a dream or a nightmare come true :D

My first good pair of headphones were Somic MT82EFIs that *I* think are great. They are closed-back and isolate well enough so I could use them at home and not bother the wide or kids, even when they were sleeping. Then someone (I forgot who) pointed me to Takstar HI2050 direction and boy do I love them. Recently my wife "acquired" my Somics and I had to hunt for another pair of closed-backs. As I've been a fan of the Takstar's I ordered a pair of Pro80s (they haven't arrived yet). And of course at the same time I was offered a (in my opinion) very good deal on a couple of Superlux headphones (HD330 & HD660) so I ordered those also... :D Should be nice when they all arrive :D

So, yeah, I'm back. Hello everyone :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back