New Member Introductions thread
Oct 1, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #8,672 of 15,532
hi all, nice meeting ya. been to head-fi since 2016 but never attempt to create an account. But here I am. Currently using Fiio X1ii and Sony IEM XBA-N3. Looking for better upgrade of my DAP

The X5 is mint... But the best dap I owned was the AK120II... Paired it with the Mojo... Made it a very overpriced portable listening solution... But still amazing

Oct 1, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #8,675 of 15,532
Hi everyone!

Not very new to audio but I've been lurking mainly in the earbuds thread just to see what's new.

Oct 1, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #8,676 of 15,532
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
New here as well! Seem a little confusing with posting restriction and all but excited to dive deeper into this money sucking habbit with y'all...

Oct 1, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #8,677 of 15,532
Hi All,

Been lurking, finding gems of information for a couple of months (thanks to all those contributors that have led e to this point) as I prepare to sell all my separates and get an Astell and Kern Portable and a set of CIEM's, planning to rip my 900+ CD collection to make some space (Live on a houseboat) and travelling a lot on trains and planes, so makes sense I think, and download my favourites as MQA or DSD. So many questions, so many rabbit holes to dive down and money-pit's to dig. Hopefully friends to be made as well.

Anyone know the best site to download MQA and DSD which one best supports the original artist in terms of royalties etc?

Also I wish I still had my grandads QUAD rig from years ago! Oh hum!

Anyway, Hello!

Rob

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #8,680 of 15,532
Thanks Ebjarrell, you are right, perhaps it’s only an issue with streaming sites (I’m with Tidal) I just wasn’t sure which sites were legit or not and I am a fan of supporting artists where possible, thanks for the link!

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #8,681 of 15,532
Hey guys

I'm not necessarily an audiophile but I strive for the best sound quality I can get for my budget. I mainly listen to hip-hop and R&B and while bass response is very important to me, clarity across the entire range is most important.

I found this site looking for more info on the UE TRIPLEFI 10 earbuds that I got from a relative that recently passed away. I could tell they were a question set of buds when I saw them. The reviews I read were all amazing but I'm not getting the bass I expected as compared to what I read. I'm extremely impressed with the clarity of the miss and highs but I expected a good about of thump too. There's some bass but it's extremely lacking as compared to the other end off the spectrum. I also read about some potential mods on this site but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

I think there's three possible issues and I don't know where to start or if I should bother.

1. The source. I'm using my phone (Galaxy S9+) and Spotify set to stream and download at the highest quality settings.
2. The fit. They are extremely comfortable, but I'm not sure I'm getting a good seal in my ear. It's a relatively easy fix. Bass response is better when I shove them in but I lose the upper end when I do it.
3. The cable. Initial reviews say the cable that comes with these earbuds is very thick. The cable I have is UE branded but it seems like any other cable attached to earbuds I've had in the past.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #8,682 of 15,532
Hey everyone, I've been into high-quality audio for quite some time, around 3-4 years. Right now, I just use my S8+ as my transport and a Chord Mojo as my DAC/AMP, playing only FLAC files ripped from CDs. My first real pair of serious gear was the HD598 and it has only gone up from there. Here's a full history of my gear.

Headphones/earphones: HD598 > Hifiman RE-400 > ER HF5 > ER4S > ER4SR > AF180 (Briefly) > Noble Audio Sage > Grado GR10e (Briefly) > Sony MDR-7550 (Current)
Sources: Phone > Cayin N3 > Onkyo DP-X1 > Fiio X7 MK2 > Back to S8+ (Current)
Amp/DACs: Phone > Fiio E10K > Fiio E17K > Fiio E18 Kunlun > Fiio K1 > Mayflower Electronics Object 2 > Encore mDSD > ifi Nano iDSD BL > Chord Mojo (Current)

I'm actually getting the Sony's in the mail today, so I'm really excited to try that out. Not sure what I'm going to upgrade to or when, but I imagine my wallet will be hurting for a good amount of time.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #8,683 of 15,532
Hey everyone, I've been into high-quality audio for quite some time, around 3-4 years. Right now, I just use my S8+ as my transport and a Chord Mojo as my DAC/AMP, playing only FLAC files ripped from CDs. My first real pair of serious gear was the HD598 and it has only gone up from there. Here's a full history of my gear.

Headphones/earphones: HD598 > Hifiman RE-400 > ER HF5 > ER4S > ER4SR > AF180 (Briefly) > Noble Audio Sage > Grado GR10e (Briefly) > Sony MDR-7550 (Current)
Sources: Phone > Cayin N3 > Onkyo DP-X1 > Fiio X7 MK2 > Back to S8+ (Current)
Amp/DACs: Phone > Fiio E10K > Fiio E17K > Fiio E18 Kunlun > Fiio K1 > Mayflower Electronics Object 2 > Encore mDSD > ifi Nano iDSD BL > Chord Mojo (Current)

I'm actually getting the Sony's in the mail today, so I'm really excited to try that out. Not sure what I'm going to upgrade to or when, but I imagine my wallet will be hurting for a good amount of time.
Welcome aboard, @ponretdondore!! That is some nice gear you have got. Enjoy!! :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #8,684 of 15,532
Hi everyone
I entered the headphone/earphone society about 1year and I can’t really believe that the earphone and headphone have a lot of different tonality and performance.
My current earphone collection are EE legend X hyla, Nerva LA-1, campfire audio andromeda, hyla ce-5.
Source: Sony wm1z teac UD505
Now, I’m discovering the cables and hopefully I will find the best cables for my earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back