New Member Introductions thread
Oct 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #8,686 of 15,578
Hey, all. Long time stereo hobbyist, musician and music fan. I have had a headphone fetish for years, starting to discover iems as something to be enjoyed after years of kind of ignoring then as musicians' monitoring tools. Looking forward to less lurking and more dialog.

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #8,687 of 15,578
Hi I'm Jay I'm new to let go I don't know what scores mean I made a few mistakes not understanding the rules but that will never happen again so I apologize thank you I meant Electronics I really hope that my score doesn't affect people trading with me

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #8,688 of 15,578
Hi I'm Jay I'm new to let go I don't know what scores mean I made a few mistakes not understanding the rules but that will never happen again so I apologize thank you I meant Electronics I really hope that my score doesn't affect people trading with me

? :thinking:

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #8,690 of 15,578
Nice avatar. :ksc75smile:

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #8,692 of 15,578
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #8,693 of 15,578
Why MQA over regular high res? HDtracks has a much bigger selection.
I'm not sure if I even have a preference as I don't think I've properly heard MQA. I should have a Project Pre Box s2D coming next week (Lord willing) and then I'll make a final determination. I do download a bit of HI Res from HDtracks though.

Oct 3, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #8,694 of 15,578
Hi everyone, way overdue intro here.

Been into hi-fi off and on for over 35 years. Worked for a now defunct retailer in the Boston area in the mid to late 80's and collected a lot of great gear in the process. Car audio was my love in those days (a/d/s and Nakamichi) and I also got some decent two channel gear, some of which is still in use today (NAD 3020 anyone?). All of that took a back seat for years while doing the marriage and house and kids thing, but eventually I got sick of the audio quality on the computer and phone, where I did most of my listening. So I collected a few sets of iems and headphones for a few years, but never really felt the love. Was about to upgrade my computer in the hopes of improving quality, then I heard about DAC/amps, here and elsewhere, some of which which were a lot cheaper than building a new PC. So enter the JDS Element last spring to finally bring some life to my AKG K240 MKII's, then an upgrade to a set of Massdrop HD6xx, then a Schiit Mimby/Modi 3 stack for a second listening station, then more headphones, and I got the bug bad. And here I am.

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #8,696 of 15,578
, hi guys I'm new to all of this I bought a fiio X7 Mark 2 and sometimes the headphone Jacks don't work I tried to call the name but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong I could really use some advice and appreciate your help

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #8,697 of 15,578
, hi guys I'm new to all of this I bought a fiio X7 Mark 2 and sometimes the headphone Jacks don't work I tried to call the name but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong I could really use some advice and appreciate your help
Welcome, @John67!! Sorry you are having trouble with your FiiO. What I would recommend you do is to start a new thread here on the Help and Recommendations board (just click on the button that says 'start a new thread') describing the problem as you have and then sit back and wait. You will get far more feedback doing that than you will just asking here on the new member thread. I am sure you will get some helpful feedback. All the best--. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #8,698 of 15,578
Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker/follower and been through my fair share of gear. Since I’m finally an ‘adult’ spending adult money I figured I should join the forums so I can get access to more boutique gear on the secondary market.

Picked up my dream cans though so now I’m in search of the right amplifier. Presently using a Jotunheim I had lying around to power the LCD-4’s I snagged. I’m thinking a HeadAmp GS-X II or an Auralic Taurus II but definitely here for suggestions/advice.

Best,

-TC

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #8,699 of 15,578
Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker/follower and been through my fair share of gear. Since I’m finally an ‘adult’ spending adult money I figured I should join the forums so I can get access to more boutique gear on the secondary market.

Picked up my dream cans though so now I’m in search of the right amplifier. Presently using a Jotunheim I had lying around to power the LCD-4’s I snagged. I’m thinking a HeadAmp GS-X II or an Auralic Taurus II but definitely here for suggestions/advice.

Best,

-TC
Welcome aboard, @TropicalChemist!! Glad you finally joined up. Might I suggest that, if you are seeking suggestions, you start a new thread here on the Help and Recommendations board? You will get more traffic there than you will on this thread here. Worth thinking about, anyway. Good luck and all the best--. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #8,700 of 15,578
Hello, I've been browsing the forum for some time, today I decided to create a profile and join your community
very interesting place, I hope that I will find a place for myself, in the subject of audio, in which I set my first steps, but not only:wink:
Hello and have a nice day!

Hi!
I thought that I should complete my last post and explain from where and why I found myself in this forum.
I'm definitely not an "advanced audiophile", and a few years ago it would not have occurred to me that I would be on such a forum and read it with interest.
Audio is the area of my husband's interests ... Even when he was my boyfriend, he could talk for hours about headphones and cables, and I ... yawned out of boredom:wink: But in the end I thought: hey, maybe it's worth it? And after I have listened to my favorite music several times from a source better than a standard phone headset, I thought: OK, now I understand.
Maybe not that much yet, and I'm certainly far away from the knowledge that you have, but I hope to get it in your company :)
For now I read more than I write, but maybe it will change soon.
Have a nice day everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back